Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 10-09-2010, 09:29 PM   #1
crossbred900
crossbred900 began at the beginning.

Device: Sony
Covers won't change without being reconverted

I'm using EPUB files and can get metadata and covers. When I load the files though, the covers stay as whatever they were originally. Only after I reconvert the files to EPUB will the covers change. Is there an easier way to get the covers that Calibre downloads to be what is shown when the book is opened?
crossbred900 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2010, 09:44 PM   #2
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Originally Posted by crossbred900 View Post
I'm using EPUB files and can get metadata and covers. When I load the files though, the covers stay as whatever they were originally. Only after I reconvert the files to EPUB will the covers change. Is there an easier way to get the covers that Calibre downloads to be what is shown when the book is opened?
You have the official way pined down.

I have used Sigil to place a new cover alongside (may show up underneath because of re-flow) the original, then I edit out the carefully original (Code view is easy), then I delete the old cover from the package in the book browser.
You could leave both covers, if space is not an issue
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-09-2010, 10:38 PM   #3
crossbred900
crossbred900 began at the beginning.

Device: Sony
Thanks for the quick reply theducks. I'll stick with the reconverting, as it doesn't take much effort. It just would have been nice to have it done automatically.
crossbred900 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2010, 11:15 PM   #4
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Originally Posted by crossbred900 View Post
Thanks for the quick reply theducks. I'll stick with the reconverting, as it doesn't take much effort. It just would have been nice to have it done automatically.
I just looked at using the TweakEPUB option in Calibre.
Replacing the cover file with another, keeping the name EXACTLY the same, may take less time than a conversion run. And there is the benefit of nothing else getting changed.
"Copy" the new picture. "Paste" into the proper OEBPS folder delete the old, rename the new, Save
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote