Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Fire

Notices

Old 11-18-2016, 12:09 PM   #16
stumped
Wizard
stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kobo forma, Kobo Libra, Huawei media Tab, fire HD10, PW3 HDX8.9,
In uk today , Amazon are claiming £40 off the HD6 but I am skeptical It is £59 today but was it really £99 last week? It seems unlikely that the HD6 should have cost more than the HD8 - which is still parked at £85.
My daughter wants a HD8 for commuting so we are both hoping that they rotate the offers from tablet to tablet on different days.
the 3rd Gen HDX 8.9 are going through ebay in a steady stream , selling for around £100. I have not seen any 4th gens on ebay since I began watching a week ago.
I opted instead for a 10.5 samsung tab S, used, which has full HD netflix and is 16:10, unlike the newer S2 versions. So that's for watching netflix, my HDX for watching amazon video, and both are good for reading on. Sold my Kindle voyage to partly fund the Samsung.
I still may get a HD8 if a silly sale price happens here.
stumped is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2016, 01:56 PM   #17
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe
tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Moto E6, Echo Show
Quote:
Originally Posted by Purple Lady View Post
Read your email again.

Thanks for participating in the Prime Photos retail discount promotion. Apply these codes at checkout to get discounts on eligible items sold by Amazon in Computers and Tablets, Camera, and Digital Software. Codes are non-transferable and expire on December 3rd. Kindle eReaders and Fire Tablets are not eligible for discounts.
Well, I'll be. I just glanced over the email and didn't catch that. I wonder why they failed to mention that in the very long T&C?

Now I have no reason to use the code. A bit of bait and switch on Amazon's part. The only reason I uploaded the photos was to get the tablet code for a Fire Tab. If Amazon would've advertised the Kindle and Fire restrictions ahead of time, I never would've bothered with the promo.
tubemonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2016, 03:02 PM   #18
Barbara1955
Non-Techy
Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Samsung Cell Phone & Amazon Fires & Kobo eReaders
That sucks... me 2. ugh Best Buy is having the Fire HD 8 for $59 on thanksgiving. Might decide to go get it. Tho I really wanted the 32 gig.
Barbara1955 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2016, 03:51 PM   #19
Purple Lady
Grand Sorcerer
Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Huawei MediaPad M5, LG V30, Boyue T80S, Nexus 7 LTE, K3 3G, Fire HD8
Quote:
Originally Posted by tubemonkey View Post
Well, I'll be. I just glanced over the email and didn't catch that. I wonder why they failed to mention that in the very long T&C?

Now I have no reason to use the code. A bit of bait and switch on Amazon's part. The only reason I uploaded the photos was to get the tablet code for a Fire Tab. If Amazon would've advertised the Kindle and Fire restrictions ahead of time, I never would've bothered with the promo.
Yeah I'm surprised that they're restricting the use of the codes. They think the Kindle and Fire are cheap enough as it is?
Purple Lady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2016, 04:05 PM   #20
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe
tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Yeah I'm surprised that they're restricting the use of the codes. They think the Kindle and Fire are cheap enough as it is?
The Jeff doesn't want me to get a Fire HD 8 for $40. He wants me to pay $60 for it when it goes on sale sometime this week.

Well, this monkey says no. I shan't be ordering one of his precious tablets this year.
Old 11-18-2016, 04:20 PM   #21
Purple Lady
Grand Sorcerer
Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Huawei MediaPad M5, LG V30, Boyue T80S, Nexus 7 LTE, K3 3G, Fire HD8
Quote:
Originally Posted by tubemonkey View Post
The Jeff doesn't want me to get a Fire HD 8 for $40. He wants me to pay $60 for it when it goes on sale sometime this week.

Well, this monkey says no. I shan't be ordering one of his precious tablets this year.
Or just buy it from Best Buy and screw him. They won't make as much money on it.
Purple Lady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2016, 05:16 PM   #22
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe

Quote:
Or just buy it from Best Buy and screw him. They won't make as much money on it.
Nah, $60 exceeds my $50 limit for tablets.

Last edited by tubemonkey; 11-18-2016 at 06:44 PM. Reason: typo
Old 11-18-2016, 06:50 PM   #23
Barbara1955
Non-Techy
Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Samsung Cell Phone & Amazon Fires & Kobo eReaders
sigh so What can we use the code for?
Barbara1955 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2016, 03:54 AM   #24
stumped
Wizard
stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kobo forma, Kobo Libra, Huawei media Tab, fire HD10, PW3 HDX8.9,
i think those codes are similar to the no rush credits that I accumulate. I almost always choose the no-rush shipping £1 digital goods credit option.. they are only good for about 3 months so it's a use them or lose them scenario

So I buy an already-watched TV series from amazon video now & again when I have enough credits. Better quality than torrents and 100% legal. OK it's really a permanent "rental" not proper ownership - I cannot download to PC, cannot strip DRM and backup, but I am OK with that if bought with " free money"
or sometimes an MP3 if it is at amazon but not on Spotify ( though usually it's no both or neither)
or the 99p deal of the day, deal of the month kindle book if I see something I like. & i bought lots of the golden age of sci fi kindle compilations that are dirt chep
stumped is offline   Reply With Quote