Notices

Old 08-25-2009, 10:23 AM   #151
Be Szpilman
Fetch that LRF
Be Szpilman began at the beginning.

Device: Sony Reader PRS-505, Treo 650
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lemurion View Post
It's the "Daily Edition" that has me curious, too. Could Sony have finally come up with a significant upgrade over the PRS-505?

If so - I could be getting a second reader
Exactly! My dear 505 could get this bigger companion, if only it would bring us the goodness of touch and dictionary - and an internationally available networking capability would be a nice plus!
Be Szpilman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2009, 10:25 AM   #152
wachuko
eBook Worm
wachuko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wachuko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wachuko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wachuko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wachuko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wachuko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wachuko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wachuko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wachuko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wachuko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wachuko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite/ Sony PRS-505/PRS-600 Silver/PRS-T1
Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lemurion
It's the "Daily Edition" that has me curious, too. Could Sony have finally come up with a significant upgrade over the PRS-505?

If so - I could be getting a second reader
Quote:
Originally Posted by bzpilman View Post
Exactly! My dear 505 could get this bigger companion, if only it would bring us the goodness of touch and dictionary - and an internationally available networking capability would be a nice plus!
+1 I don't care if I just got a 505... if that new one is close to the crispness of the 505 I see myself giving this one to my wife and getting the new one!!!
wachuko is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-25-2009, 10:40 AM   #153
advocate2
My Kingdom for Karma
advocate2 is a jewel in the roughadvocate2 is a jewel in the roughadvocate2 is a jewel in the roughadvocate2 is a jewel in the roughadvocate2 is a jewel in the roughadvocate2 is a jewel in the roughadvocate2 is a jewel in the roughadvocate2 is a jewel in the roughadvocate2 is a jewel in the roughadvocate2 is a jewel in the roughadvocate2 is a jewel in the rough

Device: Sony 350, 650, 950, Nook Color
not 3-6-9 but rather 5-6-7 inches in diagonal.
advocate2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2009, 10:49 AM   #154
marcanuck
marcanuck began at the beginning.

Device: sony prs 505, 700
3G version

10:43AM: Sony Reader Daily Edition! 3G, 7-inch touchscreen, $399. Picture is up top.
marcanuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2009, 01:42 AM   #155
krischik
Addict
krischik can extract oil from cheesekrischik can extract oil from cheesekrischik can extract oil from cheesekrischik can extract oil from cheesekrischik can extract oil from cheesekrischik can extract oil from cheesekrischik can extract oil from cheesekrischik can extract oil from cheesekrischik can extract oil from cheese

Device: P990i, PRS 505
Quote:
Originally Posted by Abecedary View Post
We have seen the 600 against the 505, and it's not the least bit surprising that the 600 doesn't have the screen clarity of the 505 due to the touch screen.
Why, A capacitive touch screen could be build behind a screen and would not affect the clarity one IO.

Disadvantage is of course that a capacitive touch screen can only be used with finger and special stylus.
krischik is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert