Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 08-05-2013, 12:15 AM   #1
EbookNovice
Banned
EbookNovice solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.EbookNovice solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.EbookNovice solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.EbookNovice solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.EbookNovice solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.EbookNovice solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.EbookNovice solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.EbookNovice solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.EbookNovice solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.EbookNovice solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.EbookNovice solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.

Device: none
How to save Notes on SonyPRST2?

hey guys, i've just started saving paragraphs on my SonyPRST2 by using my finger to circle paragraphs, but it seems like the notes aren't saved to my desktop. how can i save the notes onto my PC's so that my notes are synced?

what's the best way to save notes for later? is 'highlighting' the best way to go? i want to be able to access later so i can look at the important passages later. i want to backup my 'highlighted' passages to my desktop PC.

thanks for any help!
EbookNovice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2013, 01:38 AM   #2
Bookworm_Girl
E-reader Enthusiast
Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 3; Kobo Aura One; iPad Mini 5
Do you have an Evernote account? The T2 can upload your highlights and notes to Evernote. Then you can access them from your computer or a mobile device.
Bookworm_Girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-05-2013, 02:11 AM   #3
EbookNovice
Banned
EbookNovice solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.EbookNovice solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.EbookNovice solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.EbookNovice solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.EbookNovice solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.EbookNovice solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.EbookNovice solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.EbookNovice solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.EbookNovice solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.EbookNovice solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.EbookNovice solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.

ok thanks. i have an Evernote account. how do i tell the Sony Reader to upload it to Evernote? that would help me a lot!

however, i haven't tried using Evernote on the Reader so it's not setup.
Old 08-05-2013, 06:10 AM   #4
EbookNovice
Banned

anyone?
Old 08-06-2013, 01:06 AM   #5
Bookworm_Girl
E-reader Enthusiast
Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Click on Applications on the home screen. Then select Evernote Setup to login to your account. Then while you are reading a book highlight the text that you want save. Select "send to" from the pop-up text and then select Evernote in the options that follow.
Advert
Old 08-06-2013, 05:56 AM   #6
EbookNovice
Banned

ok thanks, but what about the highlights i've already created?
Old 08-06-2013, 09:42 AM   #7
peitsao
Addict
peitsao does all things with Zen-like beautypeitsao does all things with Zen-like beautypeitsao does all things with Zen-like beautypeitsao does all things with Zen-like beautypeitsao does all things with Zen-like beautypeitsao does all things with Zen-like beautypeitsao does all things with Zen-like beautypeitsao does all things with Zen-like beautypeitsao does all things with Zen-like beautypeitsao does all things with Zen-like beautypeitsao does all things with Zen-like beauty

Device: Kobo mini, PW3,NookST
To save older highlights, all you need to do is press on the highlight and the upload option should pop up. My T2 does this.
peitsao is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2013, 04:30 AM   #8
EbookNovice
Banned

ok where do i do this? isn't done on the 'Reader' software on my PC? i can't see it at the moment...?
Old 08-22-2013, 10:24 AM   #9
EbookNovice
Banned

could anyone help me please? i want to have this sorted out soon!

is there any way for me to backup the notes i've already created using the 'highlight' function? or do i need to forget about these notes and use the Evernote function from now on?

what do people recommend i do?

any help would be awesome!
Old 08-22-2013, 10:34 AM   #10
EbookNovice
Banned

does anyone know if the notes i've already created via 'highlights' can be looked at on my desktop PC? is there any way for me to backup the notes i've already created?

thanks!
Old 08-22-2013, 10:53 AM   #11
EbookNovice
Banned

can i upload them to my desktop in the form of a .txt file or .rtf file for example or is Evernote the best solution?
Old 08-22-2013, 11:15 AM   #12
EbookNovice
Banned

ok i just noticed that in Evernote it's possible to edit 'highlighted notes' i've taken from books on the Sony Reader. is this is troubling to me as i don't want to accidentally make changes to quotes

thanks!
Old 08-22-2013, 01:00 PM   #13
EbookNovice
Banned

does anyone know if it's possible to make it so that i can't edit the notes i copy in Evernote so i can't make changes to the quotes from books?
Old 08-22-2013, 10:29 PM   #14
EbookNovice
Banned

anyone?
Old 08-23-2013, 01:18 AM   #15
Bookworm_Girl
E-reader Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by EbookNovice View Post
ok where do i do this? isn't done on the 'Reader' software on my PC? i can't see it at the moment...?
You do this by press and hold on the existing highlight when reading the book on the ereader. It is not done in the software on the PC.