Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 09-13-2012, 04:28 PM   #61
pinktank
Enthusiast
pinktank has exceeded all limitations known to mankindpinktank has exceeded all limitations known to mankindpinktank has exceeded all limitations known to mankindpinktank has exceeded all limitations known to mankindpinktank has exceeded all limitations known to mankindpinktank has exceeded all limitations known to mankindpinktank has exceeded all limitations known to mankindpinktank has exceeded all limitations known to mankindpinktank has exceeded all limitations known to mankindpinktank has exceeded all limitations known to mankindpinktank has exceeded all limitations known to mankind

Device: none
Updating slowly as I speak, will report if the jailbreak is broken.
*update, all works, just tested pdfviewer with launchpad. The new fonts are visibly better.

Last edited by pinktank; 09-13-2012 at 04:36 PM.
pinktank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2012, 05:29 PM   #62
AZImmortal
Zealot
AZImmortal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AZImmortal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AZImmortal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AZImmortal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AZImmortal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AZImmortal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AZImmortal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AZImmortal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AZImmortal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AZImmortal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AZImmortal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Keyboard 3G, Nexus 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by NiLuJe View Post
@diba: Yeah, Yifan's jailbreak doesn't rely on anything in the userstore, so a factory reset won't do anything to it.

With mine, it'll disable it, because it relies on the linkjail folder being there. Just putting it back manually should 'fix' it, though, just like it did for ganburigan's SS hack .
I'm currently using yifanlu's 3.2.1 jailbreak (installed when I had 3.2.1). Do I have anything to worry about if I update from 3.3 to 3.4?
AZImmortal is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-13-2012, 05:35 PM   #63
NiLuJe
BLAM!
NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 2i, 3g, 4, 5w, PW, PW2, PW5; Kobo H2O, Forma, Elipsa, Sage, C2E
@AZImmortal: Nope, you're good to go (on the JB side of things, at least ^^) .
NiLuJe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2012, 06:00 PM   #64
wellreadfred
wellreadfred has a spectacular aura aboutwellreadfred has a spectacular aura aboutwellreadfred has a spectacular aura aboutwellreadfred has a spectacular aura aboutwellreadfred has a spectacular aura aboutwellreadfred has a spectacular aura aboutwellreadfred has a spectacular aura aboutwellreadfred has a spectacular aura aboutwellreadfred has a spectacular aura aboutwellreadfred has a spectacular aura aboutwellreadfred has a spectacular aura about

Device: Kindle Keyboard & Nexus 7
@NiLuJe

I have a Kindle Keyboard with 3.3 (B006) installed your jb 0.7N along with ss 0.22N about a year ago. Great software. I recently added launchpad 001c to use kindlepdfviewer-202b6fc. Now Amazon comes out with 3.4.

Can I upgrade to jb0.10n without uninstalling jb.07N and do the same with ss 0.22N upgrade to ss 0.27N without an uninstall?

Then do the upgrade to 3.4.

thanks in advance,

peace & happy reading,
wellreadfred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2012, 06:06 PM   #65
AZImmortal
Zealot
AZImmortal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AZImmortal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AZImmortal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AZImmortal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AZImmortal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AZImmortal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AZImmortal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AZImmortal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AZImmortal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AZImmortal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AZImmortal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
@AZImmortal: Nope, you're good to go (on the JB side of things, at least ^^) .
Thanks for all the affirmations. I just updated to 3.4 and my launchpad and PDF Viewer are still intact. Not that I don't trust what you said about my jailbreak still being good, but is there an easy way to see that I'm still jailbroken without trying to install a new package?
Advert
Old 09-13-2012, 06:07 PM   #66
NiLuJe
BLAM!
NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

@wellreadfred:

Nope, you can't upgrade a (FW 3.x) jailbreak without uninstalling it first . Good news is, you probably don't need to update it ^^.

You can safely install the latest SS hack on top of the old, though .

And none of that should prevent you from updating to 3.4 .

@AZImmortal:

Not really: Poking at it with a shell access, or trying to install a custom update package .
Old 09-13-2012, 06:24 PM   #67
AZImmortal
Zealot

Quote:
@AZImmortal:

Not really: Poking at it with a shell access, or trying to install a custom update package .
There aren't any other packages that I'm interested in installing for now so I'll just trust that I'm still jailbroken. Thanks for your help.
Old 09-13-2012, 06:25 PM   #68
wellreadfred
wellreadfred has a spectacular aura aboutwellreadfred has a spectacular aura aboutwellreadfred has a spectacular aura aboutwellreadfred has a spectacular aura aboutwellreadfred has a spectacular aura aboutwellreadfred has a spectacular aura aboutwellreadfred has a spectacular aura aboutwellreadfred has a spectacular aura aboutwellreadfred has a spectacular aura aboutwellreadfred has a spectacular aura aboutwellreadfred has a spectacular aura about

@NiLuJe

Thanks for the quick reply. I'll take care of the SS hack update shortly.

OT: The version updates for the jb hacks do they add any "features" I may miss at a later date?

peace & happy reading,
~wellreadfred
Old 09-13-2012, 06:28 PM   #69
NiLuJe
BLAM!

@wellreadfred: You shouldn't miss anything crucial with 0.7.N, most of those changes were aimed at first installs . Anything below that, I'd have said you should probably update, but this one should be fine .
Old 09-14-2012, 12:37 AM   #70
wellreadfred

@NiLuJe

Just want to say that all went well with the 3.4 update on my Kindle Keyboard (3.3 B006) with your jb 0.7N upgraded the ss 0.22N to ss 0.27N as you advised above everything was flawless. Thanks for taking the time to help,

peace & happy reading,
~wellreadfred
Old 09-14-2012, 12:53 AM   #71
pinktank
Enthusiast
pinktank has exceeded all limitations known to mankindpinktank has exceeded all limitations known to mankindpinktank has exceeded all limitations known to mankindpinktank has exceeded all limitations known to mankindpinktank has exceeded all limitations known to mankindpinktank has exceeded all limitations known to mankindpinktank has exceeded all limitations known to mankindpinktank has exceeded all limitations known to mankindpinktank has exceeded all limitations known to mankindpinktank has exceeded all limitations known to mankindpinktank has exceeded all limitations known to mankind

Device: none
Being missing from the boards for a while, I had not seen any of the updates and used yifanlu's 3.3 jb [ 0.5.1 ], what are the changes that I am missing?

Quote:
@wellreadfred: You shouldn't miss anything crucial with 0.7.N, most of those changes were aimed at first installs . Anything below that, I'd have said you should probably update, but this one should be fine .

Last edited by pinktank; 09-14-2012 at 12:55 AM.
pinktank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2012, 02:47 AM   #72
tigran
Zealot
tigran has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane Austentigran has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane Austentigran has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane Austentigran has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane Austentigran has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane Austentigran has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane Austentigran has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane Austentigran has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane Austentigran has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane Austentigran has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane Austentigran has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane Austen

Device: Kobo Aura One,HD,H2O,Touch,Mini,Kindle 3+DXG,Nook Simple Touch
Just to report that upgrading Kindle 3 (WiFi+3G, UK version) running firmware 3.3 to 3.4 was successfull (i.e. jailbreak, launchpad and all the standard Kindle applications work fine: K3Chess, CoolReader, KindleNote, Memo, kindlepdfviewer, kpdfdjview, Midnight Commander, myts, kSnake, Kalc, mplayer)

So, if you have a properly configured (i.e. jailbroken and with useful apps installed) Kindle 3 you may go ahead and upgrade the firmware from 3.3 to 3.4 with no fears.
tigran is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2012, 06:54 AM   #73
NiLuJe
BLAM!

@pinktank: None, that's the latest version of Yifan's JB .
Old 09-14-2012, 10:36 AM   #74
Kindlevarazs
Connoisseur
Kindlevarazs ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kindlevarazs ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kindlevarazs ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kindlevarazs ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kindlevarazs ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kindlevarazs ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kindlevarazs ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kindlevarazs ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kindlevarazs ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kindlevarazs ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kindlevarazs ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3
Midnight Commander as a usual/standard Kindle app?? From where? I have missed somehow? :-) Please, link!
Kindlevarazs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2012, 10:45 AM   #75
knc1
Going Viral
knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: No K1, PW2, KV, KOA
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kindlevarazs View Post
Midnight Commander as a usual/standard Kindle app?? From where? I have missed somehow? :-) Please, link!
For a K3?
Did you check those huge globs of K3 code twobob built earlier this month?
knc1 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
3.4, kindle 3, ota, updates