Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Introduce Yourself

Notices

Old 08-22-2012, 05:59 AM   #1
Ruairi
Ruairi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ruairi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ruairi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ruairi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ruairi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ruairi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ruairi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ruairi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ruairi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ruairi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ruairi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: None
Hello. Hoping for a little advice

i am not very tech savvy and could really use some help.

i recently decided that i would like to have some sort of storage device that I can plug into my stereo and have easy access to about 60gb of music. i decided that a tablet would suffice with an external hd tucked away behind and it would be aethestically pleasing while still remaining within budget. thinkin a basic tablet would suffice i bought a scroll device. i am returning it today. i have learned that i want access to the play market so i can get winamp pro. i intended to buy the google nexus 7 because it seems very popular but i am not sure will be able to root the hard drive i intend to connect vis usb. i am not the most advanced computer operator. i can do the basics.

basically i want to know is there a tablet out there that i can buy that will allow me access to the play market and will connect to an external hard drive without me having to get stressed about my technological short-comings. i wouldn't really want to spend much more that £150 on the tablet but if i felt i had to i would.

Thanks in advance guys.
Ruairi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2012, 08:53 AM   #2
Valmore Daniels
Grand Sorcerer
Valmore Daniels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valmore Daniels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valmore Daniels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valmore Daniels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valmore Daniels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valmore Daniels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valmore Daniels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valmore Daniels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valmore Daniels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valmore Daniels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valmore Daniels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle
Welcome to the boards Hopefully you can find your answer here somewhere
Valmore Daniels is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-22-2012, 10:49 AM   #3
JoHunt
I am what I am
JoHunt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JoHunt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JoHunt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JoHunt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JoHunt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JoHunt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JoHunt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JoHunt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JoHunt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JoHunt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JoHunt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad3, Voyage
Hi Ruairi and welcome to MobileRead

Your best bet on finding out which tablet is suitable for you is to post your question on the Android forum. There are many knowledgeable users who will be able to help you decide:

https://www.mobileread.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=225
JoHunt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2012, 01:33 PM   #4
Ruairi
Ruairi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ruairi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ruairi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ruairi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ruairi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ruairi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ruairi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ruairi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ruairi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ruairi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ruairi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: None
Thanks.
Ruairi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2012, 06:26 PM   #5
SuburbanSteve
Enthusiast
SuburbanSteve is the One.SuburbanSteve is the One.SuburbanSteve is the One.SuburbanSteve is the One.SuburbanSteve is the One.SuburbanSteve is the One.SuburbanSteve is the One.SuburbanSteve is the One.SuburbanSteve is the One.SuburbanSteve is the One.SuburbanSteve is the One.

Device: Kindel Touch, Xoom 2
Hi I just brought a xoom 2 and have had no problem connecting a 16gig flash drive to it with a collection of my music albums, the music can then be played from the tablet with no file transfering, earlier xoom's can now be picked up online within your price range, hope this helps

Last edited by SuburbanSteve; 08-22-2012 at 06:30 PM.
SuburbanSteve is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-22-2012, 07:56 PM   #6
MickeyC
Grand Sorcerer
MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone 6 plus, Sony T1, iPad 3
Hi Ruairi and welcome to MobileRead
MickeyC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2012, 11:25 PM   #7
StoryEnthusiast
K. C. Lee
StoryEnthusiast ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.StoryEnthusiast ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.StoryEnthusiast ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.StoryEnthusiast ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.StoryEnthusiast ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.StoryEnthusiast ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.StoryEnthusiast ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.StoryEnthusiast ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.StoryEnthusiast ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.StoryEnthusiast ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.StoryEnthusiast ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Android phone
Hello Ruairi, welcome. Hope you'll get the right device.
StoryEnthusiast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2012, 05:07 AM   #8
ImogenRose
PORTAL
ImogenRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ImogenRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ImogenRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ImogenRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ImogenRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ImogenRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ImogenRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ImogenRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ImogenRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ImogenRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ImogenRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 1, Kindle 3 (3G), iPhone
Welcome to MR!

Imogen
ImogenRose is offline   Reply With Quote