Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers > iRex

Notices

Old 12-16-2007, 01:47 PM   #1
Ido Ilan
Enthusiast
Ido Ilan began at the beginning.

Device: Irex Technologies Iliad
Thumbs down I'm pissed with the iLiad SW quality

I bought my Iliad about one month ago, I love it and use it extensively.
The screen was so good and white with no trace of any ghosting after one month.
I forgot to turn it off one night and behold, in the morning it was off but the screen was not completely white, it had the shutdown screen + the last book page.
When I've powered it up the screen had a lot of ghosting. Using the ghost-busting pdf I was able to remove most of it but the rectangle of the book page can still be seen.
This is very annoying, The SW should be able to do complete shutdown when the power is running out, it is expansive device (800$) and I've expected more.
Many posts on the forum and a personal question regarding the possibility to leave the iLiad on for long periods of time was always answered "It will not hurt the screen, after few refresh it will all go away...". THIS IS NOT TRUE - BEWARE!!!!!
I've always shut down the device in fear of ghosting and the one time I forget it burns some parts
Ido
Ido Ilan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2007, 03:32 PM   #2
Ervserver
Wizard
Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook Simple Touch
bummer, I figured it wouldn't do that
Ervserver is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-16-2007, 03:40 PM   #3
Ido Ilan
Enthusiast

After many more refreshes with the ghost-busting pdf it is almost gone, hardly noticeable, buy I know it is there and it drive me crazy
Old 12-16-2007, 03:48 PM   #4
nekokami
fruminous edugeek
nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad, eBw 1150
Odd. I've left mine on overnight and drained the battery a couple of times, and not had this problem.

Are you by any chance operating at low temperatures?
nekokami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2007, 03:50 PM   #5
Ido Ilan
Enthusiast

No, the house temperature at night is around 18-22c.
Advert
Old 12-18-2007, 01:49 AM   #6
ElaHuguet
iLiad freak
ElaHuguet doesn't litterElaHuguet doesn't litterElaHuguet doesn't litter

Device: iRex iLiad
I agree with Neko: odd. I've left mine many times on the page of the book I was reading, plugged into the charger so I could pick up reading at any moment (ie. the next day), and have no ghosting at all.
ElaHuguet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2007, 08:01 AM   #7
aabeg100
Enthusiast
aabeg100 has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.aabeg100 has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.aabeg100 has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.aabeg100 has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.aabeg100 has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: iRex Iliad
I also agree with Niko, infact in the past couple of months that I have had the iLiad I have drained the battery more than a dozen times. The reason being I forget to charge it and most other times my iLiad remains open all night on a single page... but I have never had a serious ghosting issue so far..... true, you see some ghosting with the first page turning after a whole night but its gone when a new page comes up.
aabeg100 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2007, 08:19 AM   #8
mduran
mduran began at the beginning.

Could it have to do with the sw version ? I understand 2.11 does a better job on anti-ghosting.

m.
mduran is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2007, 02:24 PM   #9
Ido Ilan
Enthusiast

The ghosting is 99% gone, you don't see it unless you know where it is and do some movements with the screen.
Old 12-18-2007, 02:55 PM   #10
narve
iLiad fan
narve can teach chickens to fly.narve can teach chickens to fly.narve can teach chickens to fly.narve can teach chickens to fly.narve can teach chickens to fly.narve can teach chickens to fly.narve can teach chickens to fly.narve can teach chickens to fly.narve can teach chickens to fly.narve can teach chickens to fly.narve can teach chickens to fly.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ido Ilan View Post
The ghosting is 99% gone, you don't see it unless you know where it is and do some movements with the screen.
I have some minor ghosting problems as well. I don't usually leave my iLiad on over-night or for more than an hour or two. It is actually the contentlister boxes that are left on the display in my case.

After a few pages it is more-or-less gone. It is not a real problem for me, so I haven't bother complaining.
narve is offline   Reply With Quote