Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 04-29-2016, 07:58 AM   #1
redred
redred began at the beginning.

Device: kindle voyage
Help restore deleted partition

Hey guys, I could really use some help...

While installing my arch, I didn't notice that my Kindle Voyage was plugged, and I accidentally deleted it's partition...
I tried to recover the partition using testdisk and gpart, but with no success...
I would just re-partition it using fdisk but I'm not sure what was the type of the partition

Do you have any suggestion on how should I approach this, or how the Kindle Voyage was originally partitioned?
redred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2016, 08:11 AM   #2
knc1
Going Viral
knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: No K1, PW2, KV, KOA
Quote:
Originally Posted by redred View Post
Hey guys, I could really use some help...

While installing my arch, I didn't notice that my Kindle Voyage was plugged, and I accidentally deleted it's partition...
I tried to recover the partition using testdisk and gpart, but with no success...
I would just re-partition it using fdisk but I'm not sure what was the type of the partition

Do you have any suggestion on how should I approach this, or how the Kindle Voyage was originally partitioned?
Meaning all you could see was the usual "USB storage area" over the USB cable?

Then the answer is simple -
Unplug the USB cable and re-boot the KV with a long (>30 seconds) press of the power button.
Ignore any pop-up panels, just keep holding the button until the screen flashes.

The 'cold start' re-boot will detect the damaged partition and correct things for you.
DO NOT use external tools to recreate and format the partition - the Kindle uses some special options not often seen in external tools.
So just let the device do it itself.

Last edited by knc1; 04-29-2016 at 08:14 AM.
knc1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert