Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > PocketBook

Notices

Old 11-30-2009, 12:54 PM   #1
Kellhus
Kellhus began at the beginning.

Device: none
Pocketbook 301 connectivity

Hey, I've got a couple of questions, would be great if someone could answer them, please:

1. WiFi - is it there or not? http://www.pocketbookreader.com site doesn't even mention it, while ERMatrix surely does - so what's the deal?
2. If it has WiFi - how does it work - I mean how can I use it? Can I download books from a shared folder on my computer? Can I browse internet with it? I've seen info about RSS channels - can I open those links and read it?
Kellhus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2009, 12:57 PM   #2
Yar-PocketBooker
Fanatic
Yar-PocketBooker is kind to children and small, furry animalsYar-PocketBooker is kind to children and small, furry animalsYar-PocketBooker is kind to children and small, furry animalsYar-PocketBooker is kind to children and small, furry animalsYar-PocketBooker is kind to children and small, furry animalsYar-PocketBooker is kind to children and small, furry animalsYar-PocketBooker is kind to children and small, furry animalsYar-PocketBooker is kind to children and small, furry animalsYar-PocketBooker is kind to children and small, furry animalsYar-PocketBooker is kind to children and small, furry animalsYar-PocketBooker is kind to children and small, furry animals

Device: PocketBooks and Onyxes and anything E-Ink...
It does not have wi-fi... But it still got a ton of bells and whisles)
Yar-PocketBooker is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-30-2009, 01:20 PM   #3
Kellhus

So, basically what's the difference between PB 301 and 360? Apart from the screen size and G-sensor, or whatever it's called?
Old 11-30-2009, 01:26 PM   #4
kacir
Wizard
kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PocketBook 360, before it was Sony Reader, cassiopeia A-20
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kellhus View Post
So, basically what's the difference between PB 301 and 360? Apart from the screen size and G-sensor, or whatever it's called?
PB360 does not have headphone jack and audio playing capability.
PB360 has detachable lid and IMHO better placed page turning buttons.

Firmware is very very similar.
kacir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2009, 01:38 PM   #5
Kellhus

Thanks kacir, how about listening to audiobooks - I can imagine I can do that, but will it allow me to resume listening after I've paused it in the middle of a file and turned the reader off?

I would go for Onyx Boox, if only I could browse internet with it normally, was a little bit cheaper and could read .tiff and .djvu files.

I'm sorry I'm jumping from one thing to another, but it's a hard decision to make, as it will cost me a whooping 1/3 of my monthly salary, so you can imagine I want to make sure it will be THE ONE.
Advert
Old 03-12-2010, 07:04 AM   #6
Jelena
Jelena began at the beginning.

Device: PocketBook 301
Concerning RSS-feeds - you can download it from your RSS-reader through USB, and then read.
My collegues download news in the morning and read it in the underground.
Jelena is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2010, 03:13 PM   #7
mtravellerh
book creator
mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PB360°
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jelena View Post
Concerning RSS-feeds - you can download it from your RSS-reader through USB, and then read.
My collegues download news in the morning and read it in the underground.
I download my morning papers via RSS, too.
mtravellerh is offline   Reply With Quote