Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Formats > Kindle Formats

Notices

Old 11-17-2012, 12:57 PM   #1
Gazella
Wizard
Gazella ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gazella ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gazella ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gazella ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gazella ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gazella ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gazella ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gazella ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gazella ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gazella ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gazella ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis
MOBI vs AZW3

Is there a difference between the two formats? I have a Kindle and I tend to convert my ePub ebooks to MOBI with Calibre. Should I start converting them to AZW3 since it's Amazon's format for the Kindle? Is the AZW3 format better for the Kindle?
Gazella is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2012, 05:16 AM   #2
Gazella
Wizard
Gazella ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gazella ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gazella ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gazella ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gazella ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gazella ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gazella ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gazella ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gazella ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gazella ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gazella ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis
Anyone?

I knew I should've posted this in the Amazon Kindle sub-forum.
Gazella is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-19-2012, 12:13 AM   #3
TObject
TObject plays well with othersTObject plays well with othersTObject plays well with othersTObject plays well with othersTObject plays well with othersTObject plays well with othersTObject plays well with othersTObject plays well with othersTObject plays well with othersTObject plays well with othersTObject plays well with others

Device: Kindle
KF8 format is better for Kindles that support it; ideally, you want to make your book taking advantage of the KF8 features, but at the same time the book should downgrade gracefully and display well on devices that support pre-KF8 formats only.

Take a look at the following recent thread:
https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=191618
TObject is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2012, 02:31 PM   #4
jswinden
Nameless Being

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gazella20 View Post
Is there a difference between the two formats? I have a Kindle and I tend to convert my ePub ebooks to MOBI with Calibre. Should I start converting them to AZW3 since it's Amazon's format for the Kindle? Is the AZW3 format better for the Kindle?
KF8 is basically the Amazon Kindle version of the ePub format, so it is much closer to the ePubs you are converting than the older mobi7 format. Thus converting ePub to KF8 is less likely to result in loss of formatting.