Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > PocketBook

Notices

Old 03-08-2010, 06:20 AM   #1
tinkaa
tinkaa began at the beginning.

Device: pocketbook 360
HELPPPP please :( battery problems

hello everybody

i have my new pocketreader 360 for a few days now and all was great until this morning....
the battery sign has gone and now the sign that appears when u are charging or connecting to the computer appears all the time...the battery with the bolt in it if u know what i mean...
i am unable to connect to the computer and also resetting does nothing to help the problem

any tips? anyone ever had the same problem???

also i forgot to say when i try the reader off everything goes but the green light is still on

Last edited by tinkaa; 03-08-2010 at 06:24 AM.
tinkaa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2010, 06:51 AM   #2
poshm
Fanatic
poshm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poshm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poshm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poshm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poshm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poshm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poshm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poshm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poshm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poshm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poshm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PocketBook 360, Sony Reader Touch, Ipod touch & Kindle 2
I've never had this problem nor have I read about a similar one.

However I will try to help.

You say you've not had the pocketbook for long. Did you charge it up when you got it? If not, I suspect it really needs to be charged by now.

Do you have a wall charger so you can charge it from the mains?

Or do you have access to another computer which you can charge it up with.

I suspect the issues you are having are possibly to do with it needing a long charge.
poshm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2010, 06:58 AM   #3
tinkaa

hey

i did charge it for a hole day but i will try and charge it again if u think it might help... but strangely i cannot even turn the device of anymore ....i mean the screen goes off but the green light stays on
i had it for 3 days now....all worked fine i downloaded things connected it to the pc charged it ....everything is working well as in i can access books but it doesn't switch off and the normal battery symbol changed into the one that s on when charging .....
Old 03-08-2010, 07:53 AM   #4
kacir
Wizard
kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PocketBook 360, before it was Sony Reader, cassiopeia A-20
Put it on charger.
While still connected to charger reset the the unit.
The reset hole is under the battery cover at the back. Just insert a bent paperclip or whatever thin object and press.
Let it charge.
kacir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2010, 08:03 AM   #5
tinkaa

i tried that...but makes no difference...it works well in the way that i can read books and so on but it does not switch off and the battery sign is 'wrong'....
thanx anyway....i ll keep it on charge until tonite if the problem continues i ll have to return it.....
Old 03-08-2010, 10:00 AM   #6
Dulin's Books
Wizard
Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Boox PB360 etc etc etc
you reset it while it was plugged in ? and that did not work?
Dulin's Books is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2010, 10:06 AM   #7
tinkaa

yes..it was plughged in with the charger ...i tried resetting with the reader switched on and off...same problem
Old 03-08-2010, 10:36 AM   #8
fjtorres
Grand Sorcerer
fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: T100TA,PW2,PRS-T1,KT,FireHD 8.9,K2, PB360,BeBook One,Axim51v,TC1000
To clarify: pressing reset did nothing or it reset but did nothing to change behavior?
fjtorres is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2010, 10:46 AM   #9
tinkaa

yes i guess the resetting happened as the light on the top turned red and the reader restarted but the same problems remain...
Old 03-08-2010, 01:54 PM   #10
Ulli
(-:
Ulli is no ebook tyro.Ulli is no ebook tyro.Ulli is no ebook tyro.Ulli is no ebook tyro.Ulli is no ebook tyro.Ulli is no ebook tyro.Ulli is no ebook tyro.Ulli is no ebook tyro.Ulli is no ebook tyro.Ulli is no ebook tyro.

Device: PocketBook 360°,302
Push the resetbutton for a longer time, or did you do that already ?

( As you described it sounds like a short push )
Ulli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2010, 04:45 PM   #11
tinkaa

tired both..just a quick push and also holding it down for a few seconds as i read here in the forum ....but nope...same problem
Old 03-09-2010, 01:27 PM   #12
mtravellerh
book creator
mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PB360°
Quote:
Originally Posted by tinkaa View Post
tired both..just a quick push and also holding it down for a few seconds as i read here in the forum ....but nope...same problem
So is the reader working when not plugged in? Just showing the charge icon? Please try how long the battery is working that way. Pocketbook will replace your battery if there is an issue, so let us know.
mtravellerh is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
battery, charging, problem