Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Conversion

Notices

Old 01-13-2013, 10:12 AM   #1
g0nz0uk
g0nz0uk began at the beginning.

Device: Nexus 7
Nexus 7 PDF to Kindle conversion help

Hello,

I have a bunch of PDF books I got with various Microsoft and Cisco books, kindly enough they put a CD at the back of the book so I can install on my PC. I want to convert the PDFs to my Kindle App on my Nexus 7 tablet. I have tried various conversion and all come out looking incorrect as I think the margins are wrong etc. Does anyone have a Nexus 7 template I can use as I'd like the Table of Contents to work too?

Kind Regards

PS what a great tool this is!!!
g0nz0uk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2013, 06:42 AM   #2
draleg
draleg began at the beginning.

Device: Nexus7
nexus template

I have bought also a nexus7. A template will be really great.

Tanks in advance, best regards
draleg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2013, 07:46 AM   #3
DoctorOhh
US Navy, Retired
DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Icarus Illumina XL HD, Nexus 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by draleg View Post
I have bought also a nexus7. A template will be really great.
A template to accomplish what?

Since you have a Nexus 7 read the PDFs, ePubs and Mobi files in reader apps designed to read those files. I am wondering why anyone would convert any ebook to pdf to read on the Nexus 7. Additionally converting tech books from PDF to any other format is a disaster waiting to happen. If you have a PDF leave it be and read it in an app designed to read PDF files.
DoctorOhh is offline   Reply With Quote