Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Plugins

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 08-20-2014, 09:18 AM   #3256
iakovl
Connoisseur
iakovl began at the beginning.

Device: none
while i don't remember if i asked this before ( sorry if i did)
any way to combine RSS feed reading to FFDL? for me FimFic.net give me a RSS feed of all the storys i favor, adding it to a script or auto update for the calibre will save me time copy pasting each url for update
Old 08-20-2014, 10:25 AM   #3257
JimmXinu
Plugin Developer
JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite(10th)
Quote:
Originally Posted by iakovl View Post
any way to combine RSS feed reading to FFDL? for me FimFic.net give me a RSS feed of all the storys i favor, adding it to a script or auto update for the calibre will save me time copy pasting each url for update
I remember RSS feed has been suggested before for Gmail. I don't use RSS, so I'm only vaguely aware of how it's used.

Can you use the 'Get Story URLs from Web Page' feature on the RSS feed URL?

Are you aware that you can drag and drop story URLs onto either the FFDL button or into the FFDL story URL dialog box?
Advert
Old 08-22-2014, 12:51 AM   #3258
thecookiemommma
Enthusiast
thecookiemommma is a jewel in the roughthecookiemommma is a jewel in the roughthecookiemommma is a jewel in the roughthecookiemommma is a jewel in the roughthecookiemommma is a jewel in the roughthecookiemommma is a jewel in the roughthecookiemommma is a jewel in the roughthecookiemommma is a jewel in the roughthecookiemommma is a jewel in the roughthecookiemommma is a jewel in the roughthecookiemommma is a jewel in the rough

Device: ZTE Grand Max + / HP Slate 7 HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by iakovl View Post
Would Calibre's "News" feature work? You could set up the recipe to add things, and then, add the tags and stuff later? It'd be a bit of work, but it might be worth it?
Old 08-22-2014, 01:48 AM   #3259
Amalthia
Wizard
Amalthia does all things with Zen-like beautyAmalthia does all things with Zen-like beautyAmalthia does all things with Zen-like beautyAmalthia does all things with Zen-like beautyAmalthia does all things with Zen-like beautyAmalthia does all things with Zen-like beautyAmalthia does all things with Zen-like beautyAmalthia does all things with Zen-like beautyAmalthia does all things with Zen-like beautyAmalthia does all things with Zen-like beautyAmalthia does all things with Zen-like beauty

Device: Sony Reader PRS-505, PRS-650, PRS-T3, Pocketbook HD2
Hi,

I downloaded a story: http://archiveofourown.org/works/1426027

On the HTML page it says "Chapter 1: Mirror"

However, when I view the story in Calibre the chapter header say "1. Mirror"

Where did the word "Chapter" go? And how can I bring it back?

The only code I have in my personal.ini related to chapters is this:
Code:
exclude_notes:authorheadnotes,chaptersummary,chapterheadnotes,
chapterfootnotes,authorfootnotes
Ideally what I like to see for this story is "Chapter 1 - Mirror"

I'd appreciate any and all help.

Best Regards,
Amalthia
Old 08-22-2014, 02:02 AM   #3260
JimmXinu
Plugin Developer
JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amalthia View Post
I downloaded a story: http://archiveofourown.org/works/1426027

On the HTML page it says "Chapter 1: Mirror"

However, when I view the story in Calibre the chapter header say "1. Mirror"

Where did the word "Chapter" go? And how can I bring it back?

The only code I have in my personal.ini related to chapters is this:
Code:
exclude_notes:authorheadnotes,chaptersummary,chapterheadnotes,
chapterfootnotes,authorfootnotes
Ideally what I like to see for this story is "Chapter 1 - Mirror"
FFDL takes the chapter names from the chapter list, not the chapter pages.

You can accomplish what you want by changing the chapter title settings. (The exclude_notes setting is just for AO3 notes, nothing to do with chapter titles.)

I haven't tested it, but it should be something like this:

Code:
[archiveofourown.org]
strip_chapter_numbers:true
add_chapter_numbers:true
chapter_title_add_pattern:Chapter ${index} - ${title}
Full descriptions from defaults.ini:

Spoiler:
Code:
## Don't like the numbers at the start of chapter titles on some
## sites?  You can use strip_chapter_numbers to strip them off.  Just
## want to make them all look the same?  Strip them off, then add them
## back on with add_chapter_numbers:true.  Only want them added back
## on for Table of Contents(toc)? Use add_chapter_numbers:toconly.
## (toconly doesn't work on mobi output.)  Don't like the way it
## strips numbers or adds them back?  See chapter_title_strip_pattern
## and chapter_title_add_pattern.
strip_chapter_numbers:false

## add_chapter_numbers can be true, false or toconly
## (Note number is not added when there's only one chapter.)
add_chapter_numbers:false

## (Two versions of chapter_title_strip_pattern are shown below.  You
## should only have one uncommented.)
## This version will remove the leading number from:
## "1." => ""
## "1. The Beginning" => "The Beginning"
## "1: Start" => "Start"
## "2, Chapter the second" => "Chapter the second"
## etc
chapter_title_strip_pattern:^[0-9]+[\.: -]+

## This version will strip all of the above *plus* remove 'Chapter 1':
## "Chapter 1" => ""
## "1. Chapter 1" => ""
## "1. Chapter 1, Bob's First Clue" => "Bob's First Clue"
## "Chapter 2 - Pirates Place" => "Pirates Place"
## etc
#chapter_title_strip_pattern:^([0-9]+[\.: -]+)?(Chapter *[0-9]+[\.:, -]*)?

## Uses a python template substitution.  The ${index} is the 'chapter'
## number and ${title} is the chapter title, after applying
## chapter_title_strip_pattern.  Those are the only variables available.
## "The Beginning" => "1. The Beginning" 
chapter_title_add_pattern:${index}. ${title}

Hope that helps.
Advert
Old 08-22-2014, 02:31 AM   #3261
Amalthia
Wizard
Amalthia does all things with Zen-like beautyAmalthia does all things with Zen-like beautyAmalthia does all things with Zen-like beautyAmalthia does all things with Zen-like beautyAmalthia does all things with Zen-like beautyAmalthia does all things with Zen-like beautyAmalthia does all things with Zen-like beautyAmalthia does all things with Zen-like beautyAmalthia does all things with Zen-like beautyAmalthia does all things with Zen-like beautyAmalthia does all things with Zen-like beauty

Quote:
Originally Posted by JimmXinu View Post
FFDL takes the chapter names from the chapter list, not the chapter pages.

I haven't tested it, but it should be something like this:

Code:
[archiveofourown.org]
add_chapter_numbers:true
Full descriptions from defaults.ini:

Hope that helps.
Hi,

This fixed the original story link I shared. However, for stories that only have "Chapter 1" the code turns that into Chapter 1 - Chapter 1.

Example story link: http://archiveofourown.org/works/2040726

Thanks for all your help!
Amalthia
Old 08-22-2014, 10:49 AM   #3262
JimmXinu
Plugin Developer

Quote:
This fixed the original story link I shared. However, for stories that only have "Chapter 1" the code turns that into Chapter 1 - Chapter 1.

Example story link: http://archiveofourown.org/works/2040726
Look in the spoiler/hidden part of my previous post at the chapter_title_strip_pattern setting.

Then look at the template language spec for advanced formatting to see how to change chapter_title_add_pattern to not include the ' - ' when there's no title left.
Old 08-22-2014, 06:51 PM   #3263
Amalthia
Wizard

Hi,

I read the advanced formatting and looked at the information in the spoiler section and I'm still confused.

My main point of confusion is the advanced formatting example shows this:

Code:
{series}{series_index:| - | - }{title}
Am I supposed to substitute series for chapter? Or just use index instead?

There was another bit of code which I think lays out the language.

Code:
{field:|prefix_text|suffix_text}
However, I don't know what value to enter into "field" and if prefix_text is the chapter number and suffix_text equals the title?

Not knowing these things I came up with this.

Quote:
chapter_title_add_pattern: Chapter ${index}{index:| - | -}{title}
It doesn't look right.

I'm sorry I'm not understanding it.
Old 08-22-2014, 07:21 PM   #3264
JimmXinu
Plugin Developer

Quote:
I read the advanced formatting and looked at the information in the spoiler section and I'm still confused.
This confusion is my fault. I forgot that the template for that is the
python string Template, not the calibre template string. There's no prefix/suffix feature in the python string Template. I apologize for the incorrect information.

So you can do a pattern like this:

Code:
...but if there's no chapter title, they'll come out as
Chapter 1 -
Chapter 2 -

More troublesome to my eye is the fact that if the story has:
Prologue
Chapter 1
Chapter 2. Named Chapter

...you'd end up with:
Chapter 1 - Prologue
Chapter 2 -
Chapter 3 - Named Chapter

...and now your chapter numbers don't match the author's.

Personally, I set strip_chapter_numbers:true and add_chapter_numbers:true and use the default chapter_title_strip_pattern and chapter_title_add_pattern (by not sending them in personal.ini).

So for the example above, I get:
1. Prologue
2. Chapter 1
3. Chapter 2 Named Chapter

...and I can see both what the author meant and absolute 'chapter' numbers.

Again, sorry for the misinformation.
Old 08-22-2014, 11:33 PM   #3265
Amalthia
Wizard

Quote:
This confusion is my fault. I forgot that the template for that is the
python string Template, not the calibre template string. There's no prefix/suffix feature in the python string Template. I apologize for the incorrect information.

So you can do a pattern like this:

Code:
Personally, I set strip_chapter_numbers:true and add_chapter_numbers:true and use the default chapter_title_strip_pattern and chapter_title_add_pattern (by not sending them in personal.ini).

So for the example above, I get:
1. Prologue
2. Chapter 1
3. Chapter 2 Named Chapter

...and I can see both what the author meant and absolute 'chapter' numbers.

Again, sorry for the misinformation.
Thanks for all the different examples. I think I'm more grateful that the chapter headings have worked so well with just the defaults.
Old 08-22-2014, 11:44 PM   #3266
Amalthia
Wizard

Hi,

I think I found an okay compromise code:

Code:
add_chapter_numbers:toconly
By using the toconly, the "Chapter 1 - Chapter 1" is only visible in the TOC but on the page it reads as, "Chapter 1" which is okay for my own use.
Old 08-24-2014, 07:13 AM   #3267
MiniMouse
Groupie
MiniMouse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MiniMouse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MiniMouse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MiniMouse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MiniMouse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MiniMouse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MiniMouse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MiniMouse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MiniMouse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MiniMouse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MiniMouse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: Well, there will always be a big time delay because I'm not living in the US! And there could be some communication difficulties too because I'm not a native speaker!
Device: Sony PRS-T3S
Is there a way to include more columns in a selection for a cover in der Genrate Cover Plugin in my personal.ini from FFDL?

I know that I can select a cover for a fandom (category) but can I make it more if/then?

I mean if the category is 'Merlin' and the first two characters in my 'characters' column are 'Arthur, Merlin' than select cover A from Generate Cover Plugin.

Or maybe even further, if the category is 'Merlin' and the first two characters in my 'characters' column are 'Arthur, Merlin' and the 'relationship' column is Arthur/Merlin' than select cover B from Generate Cover Plugin.

Is this even possible?

Mini
Old 08-24-2014, 10:23 AM   #3268
JimmXinu
Plugin Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by MiniMouse View Post
Is there a way to include more columns in a selection for a cover in der Genrate Cover Plugin in my personal.ini from FFDL?

I know that I can select a cover for a fandom (category) but can I make it more if/then?

I mean if the category is 'Merlin' and the first two characters in my 'characters' column are 'Arthur, Merlin' than select cover A from Generate Cover Plugin.

Or maybe even further, if the category is 'Merlin' and the first two characters in my 'characters' column are 'Arthur, Merlin' and the 'relationship' column is Arthur/Merlin' than select cover B from Generate Cover Plugin.
Yes, it is possible. But it involves using regular expressions.

Full generate_cover_settings spec:

Spoiler:
Code:
## If you have the Generate Cover plugin installed, you can use the
## generate_cover_settings parameter to intelligently decide which GC
## setting to run.  There are three parts 1) a template of which
## metadata part(s) to look at, 2) a regular expression to match the
## template, and 3) the name of the GC setting to use, which must
## match exactly.  Use this parameter in [defaults], or by site eg,
## [ficwad.com]
## Make sure to keep at least one space at the start of each line and
## to escape % to %%, if used.
## template => regexp to match => GC Setting to use.
## To use this, make sure you go to the Generate Cover tab in FFDL
## config and check 'Allow generate_cover_settings from personal.ini
## to override'
#generate_cover_settings:
# ${category} => Buffy:? [tT]he Vampire Slayer => BuffyCover
# ${category} => Star Trek => StarTrekCover

Because generate_cover_settings applies a regular expression to a string template that can contain any of the book metadata, it is possible to use more than one metadatum.

You do, however, have to allow for having other values, and you have to list them from most specific to least specific because the first line that matches will be the one used:
Code:
# saves having to match both Arthur/Merlin and Merlin/Arthur, etc.
# characters and other lists are already sorted by default.
sort_ships:true

generate_cover_settings:
 ${category}:${characters}:${ships} => .*Merlin.*:.*Arthur, .*Merlin.*:.*Arthur/Merlin.* => CoverMostSpecific
 ${category}:${characters} => .*Merlin.*:.*Arthur, .*Merlin.* => CoverMoreSpecific
 ${category} => Merlin => CoverMerlin
Testing this is an ideal time to use the built-in teststory feature to avoid hitting servers a bunch:

Spoiler:

You'll need to have a copy of the generate_cover_settings, etc that you're testing in [default], [epub] or [test1.com] sections. This is also a good time to be working in a separate test library until you're happy with it.

In personal.ini add:
Code:
[teststory:2000]
add_to_category_list:Merlin

[teststory:2001]
add_to_characters_list:Merlin,Arthur,Bob,Zack,Aaron

[teststory:2002]
add_to_ships_list:Thor/Jane,Merlin/Arthur
Now when you add/update stories with these URLs, they will have the metadata shown above:

http://test1.com?sid=2000
http://test1.com?sid=2001
http://test1.com?sid=2002
Old 08-24-2014, 11:51 AM   #3269
MiniMouse
Groupie
MiniMouse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MiniMouse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MiniMouse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MiniMouse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MiniMouse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MiniMouse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MiniMouse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MiniMouse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MiniMouse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MiniMouse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MiniMouse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: Well, there will always be a big time delay because I'm not living in the US! And there could be some communication difficulties too because I'm not a native speaker!
Device: Sony PRS-T3S
Quote:
Yes, it is possible. But it involves using regular expressions.

Full generate_cover_settings spec:

Spoiler:
Code:
## If you have the Generate Cover plugin installed, you can use the
## generate_cover_settings parameter to intelligently decide which GC
## setting to run.  There are three parts 1) a template of which
## metadata part(s) to look at, 2) a regular expression to match the
## template, and 3) the name of the GC setting to use, which must
## match exactly.  Use this parameter in [defaults], or by site eg,
## [ficwad.com]
## Make sure to keep at least one space at the start of each line and
## to escape % to %%, if used.
## template => regexp to match => GC Setting to use.
## To use this, make sure you go to the Generate Cover tab in FFDL
## config and check 'Allow generate_cover_settings from personal.ini
## to override'
#generate_cover_settings:
# ${category} => Buffy:? [tT]he Vampire Slayer => BuffyCover
# ${category} => Star Trek => StarTrekCover

Because generate_cover_settings applies a regular expression to a string template that can contain any of the book metadata, it is possible to use more than one metadatum.

You do, however, have to allow for having other values, and you have to list them from most specific to least specific because the first line that matches will be the one used:
Code:
# saves having to match both Arthur/Merlin and Merlin/Arthur, etc.
# characters and other lists are already sorted by default.
sort_ships:true

generate_cover_settings:
 ${category}:${characters}:${ships} => .*Merlin.*:.*Arthur, .*Merlin.*:.*Arthur/Merlin.* => CoverMostSpecific
 ${category}:${characters} => .*Merlin.*:.*Arthur, .*Merlin.* => CoverMoreSpecific
 ${category} => Merlin => CoverMerlin
Testing this is an ideal time to use the built-in teststory feature to avoid hitting servers a bunch:

Spoiler:

You'll need to have a copy of the generate_cover_settings, etc that you're testing in [default], [epub] or [test1.com] sections. This is also a good time to be working in a separate test library until you're happy with it.

In personal.ini add:
Code:
[teststory:2000]

[teststory:2001]

[teststory:2002]
add_to_ships_list:Thor/Jane,Merlin/Arthur
Now when you add/update stories with these URLs, they will have the metadata shown above:

http://test1.com?sid=2000
http://test1.com?sid=2001
http://test1.com?sid=2002

Will try that!

I didn't use the Generate Cover function with FFDL so far because I wanted more than one cover for a fandom, so I always made them directly with the Generate Cover Plugin instead.

Now I can try to stop that

Thank you very much for the quick reply

Though I probably will come back with some more questions along the way

Mini
Old 08-24-2014, 06:51 PM   #3270
crochetgeek2010
Enthusiast
crochetgeek2010 can differentiate black from dark navy bluecrochetgeek2010 can differentiate black from dark navy bluecrochetgeek2010 can differentiate black from dark navy bluecrochetgeek2010 can differentiate black from dark navy bluecrochetgeek2010 can differentiate black from dark navy bluecrochetgeek2010 can differentiate black from dark navy bluecrochetgeek2010 can differentiate black from dark navy bluecrochetgeek2010 can differentiate black from dark navy bluecrochetgeek2010 can differentiate black from dark navy bluecrochetgeek2010 can differentiate black from dark navy bluecrochetgeek2010 can differentiate black from dark navy blue

Device: Kobo Aura HD
Hey, Has any one seen where the plug in acts like it's working when I checked the file it's not there. I did check permissions. I am using the latest version of the plug in and version 2.0 64bit. I will admit I recently re-installed windows 8. Any ideas what I did? Thanks

Laura
Closed Thread