Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > News

Notices

Old 08-30-2010, 07:42 AM   #16
Geppetto
Addict
Geppetto will become famous soon enoughGeppetto will become famous soon enoughGeppetto will become famous soon enoughGeppetto will become famous soon enoughGeppetto will become famous soon enoughGeppetto will become famous soon enoughGeppetto will become famous soon enough

Device: Sony PRS600, Cybook, Hanvon N520, Sony PRS300, Onyx Boox, Kindle 3
The other source's just repeating number claimed by Pocketbook.

I'm repeating my question: where is iRiver? If I believe in numbers told by Pocketbook representatives, I have to believe in numbers told me by iRiver representatives, too.
Geppetto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2010, 08:31 AM   #17
Forkosigan
Wizard
Forkosigan knows who John Galt is.Forkosigan knows who John Galt is.Forkosigan knows who John Galt is.Forkosigan knows who John Galt is.Forkosigan knows who John Galt is.Forkosigan knows who John Galt is.Forkosigan knows who John Galt is.Forkosigan knows who John Galt is.Forkosigan knows who John Galt is.Forkosigan knows who John Galt is.Forkosigan knows who John Galt is.

Device: Pocketbook Touch (622)

http://translate.google.de/translate...n&hl=&ie=UTF-8

http://translate.google.de/translate...n&hl=&ie=UTF-8

http://translate.google.de/translate...p%3FID%3D41880

The numbers are not our approval, and the data independent study researches the market ...

iRiver not very well suited for the Russian market ... example this review, much that is important for the Russian-speaking reader

http://translate.google.de/translate...27-07-2010.htm

Last edited by Forkosigan; 08-30-2010 at 09:01 AM.
Forkosigan is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-30-2010, 09:01 AM   #18
pholy
Booklegger
pholy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pholy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pholy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pholy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pholy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pholy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pholy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pholy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pholy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pholy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pholy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: BeBook(1 & 2010), PEZ, PRS-505, Kobo BT, PRS-T1, Playbook, Kobo Touch
Wow, even through Google-translate you can tell he doesn't like the iRiver Story. But I wonder what he really meant when he used 'soft' and 'curves' as dismissively as he did...
pholy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2010, 09:13 AM   #19
Forkosigan
Wizard
Forkosigan knows who John Galt is.Forkosigan knows who John Galt is.Forkosigan knows who John Galt is.Forkosigan knows who John Galt is.Forkosigan knows who John Galt is.Forkosigan knows who John Galt is.Forkosigan knows who John Galt is.Forkosigan knows who John Galt is.Forkosigan knows who John Galt is.Forkosigan knows who John Galt is.Forkosigan knows who John Galt is.

Device: Pocketbook Touch (622)
Quote:
Originally Posted by pholy View Post
Wow, even through Google-translate you can tell he doesn't like the iRiver Story. But I wonder what he really meant when he used 'soft' and 'curves' as dismissively as he did...

another review

http://translate.google.de/translate...er_story_2.php

I'm not saying that iRiver poor reader, he just does not really fit the Russian market, so I do not think that sales iRiver very big ...

This confirms and analytical study from the market.
Forkosigan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2010, 12:39 PM   #20
fjtorres
Grand Sorcerer
fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: T100TA,PW2,PRS-T1,KT,FireHD 8.9,K2, PB360,BeBook One,Axim51v,TC1000
Well, it is, of course, quite possible that russia might be a "relatively" significant market for iRiver, without iRiver being particularly big in russia. It's not as if iRiver is a particularly big player worldwide, in ebook readers.

Still, even from out here in the other hemisphere it's easy to see lack of FB2 support is going to be a big issue with anything trying to sell in Russia.
And a kindle clone with roman alphabet keys?
Easy to see why the reviews skew the way they do.
fjtorres is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert

Tags
market share, russia