Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 05-25-2010, 02:23 PM   #16
JaneD
Addict
JaneD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JaneD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JaneD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JaneD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JaneD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JaneD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JaneD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JaneD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JaneD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JaneD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JaneD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 2013
You gotta return it. Call Amazon, they'll be able to help you. Don't go back to the airport, they'll have no idea.

Please do the right thing. You'll never be able to use it without feeling guilty.
JaneD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2010, 02:46 PM   #17
joobies
Addict
joobies once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.joobies once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.joobies once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.joobies once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.joobies once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.joobies once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.joobies once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.joobies once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.joobies once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.joobies once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.joobies once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.

Device: Kindle 1, Sony PRS-505
No question... contact Amazon. You found it but it is not yours.
joobies is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-25-2010, 03:01 PM   #18
Sparrow
Wizard
Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Palm TX, CyBook Gen3
Easy for me to say return it - I haven't got it in my hot little mitts.

But, everyone else is right, trying to return it is the decent thing to do - who knows what value it might have for the owner beyond being just a cool gadget.
Sparrow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2010, 07:00 PM   #19
Snorkledorf
Blue. Not sad...just blue
Snorkledorf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Snorkledorf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Snorkledorf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Snorkledorf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Snorkledorf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Snorkledorf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Snorkledorf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Snorkledorf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Snorkledorf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Snorkledorf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Snorkledorf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Ridibooks Paper Pro
Back in the 1980s as a student I found a backpack with a little Radio Shack handheld computer in it. I turned the backpack in to the lost & found but kept the computer. At the time it seemed a reasonable action because hey, I found it. And it really was kinda cool.

These days I consider that to be one of the major ethical failures of my life. I can't imagine anymore how I made a choice like that -- I honestly can't get into the head of this person I used to be, who would take something even when I had a good chance of giving it back to its true owner.

Apparently some time in the intervening years my personal code of ethics has grown more robust than it used to be. At the time, my thoughts were on myself, but my current reflex would be to immediately feel compassion for the poor slob who paid for this nifty device and then lost it and is probably beating her/his head against the wall right now.
Snorkledorf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2010, 09:47 PM   #20
krazy4katz
Addict
krazy4katz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.krazy4katz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.krazy4katz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.krazy4katz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.krazy4katz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.krazy4katz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.krazy4katz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.krazy4katz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.krazy4katz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.krazy4katz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.krazy4katz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: [Kindle 1, Kindle 3 (KK)], Kindle Voyage, iPad Pro
Red face

The way you asked the question, I think you know the right answer is to return it. You can either be ethical or not. The choice is yours. I am hoping that you will make the right one. Who knows? Maybe you will start a new trend of ethical behavior! Good luck with your decision.
krazy4katz is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-26-2010, 09:07 AM   #21
pboss
Evangelist
pboss will become famous soon enoughpboss will become famous soon enoughpboss will become famous soon enoughpboss will become famous soon enoughpboss will become famous soon enoughpboss will become famous soon enough

Device: none
Yes, be a good citizen (or come up with your own excuses).
pboss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2010, 04:18 PM   #22
J. Strnad
Guru
J. Strnad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.J. Strnad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.J. Strnad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.J. Strnad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.J. Strnad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.J. Strnad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.J. Strnad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.J. Strnad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.J. Strnad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.J. Strnad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.J. Strnad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo, Kindle 3, Paperwhite
Also, if you don't return it you will go to Hell where they only have paper books that burst into flame before you can read them.
J. Strnad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2010, 05:39 PM   #23
Snorkledorf
Blue. Not sad...just blue
Snorkledorf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Snorkledorf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Snorkledorf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Snorkledorf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Snorkledorf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Snorkledorf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Snorkledorf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Snorkledorf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Snorkledorf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Snorkledorf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Snorkledorf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Ridibooks Paper Pro
Or you'll have a Kindle but be waiting for the 2.5 update till your local environment freezes over...
Snorkledorf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2010, 12:31 AM   #24
Ervserver
Wizard
Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook Simple Touch
could be a trick lost Kindle left by one of those investigative tv shows....you may be on tv soon
Ervserver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2010, 01:25 AM   #25
Xanthe
Plan B Is Now In Force
Xanthe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xanthe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xanthe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xanthe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xanthe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xanthe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xanthe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xanthe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xanthe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xanthe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xanthe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Aluratek,Sony 350/T1,Pandigital,eBM 911,Nook HD/HD+,Fire HDX 7/8.9,PW2
Contact Amazon and make the attempt to return it. It may not seem the sane thing to do now, but as others have pointed out, later in life it won't be one of the memories that make you cringe.
Xanthe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2010, 02:13 AM   #26
Rence
Rence began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS-700 Irex 1000S
It is a crime not to return it

I believe In the UK, Aust and USA that once you decided to keep something found (deprive the owner from having it back) you commit theft - which is a crime. If you have no luck with Amazon or the airport then you should hand it in to your local police station.
In some countries if the item is not claimed after x months I believe they return it to the person who found it.
Rence is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2010, 10:46 AM   #27
brecklundin
Banned
brecklundin is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.brecklundin is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.brecklundin is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.brecklundin is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.brecklundin is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.brecklundin is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.brecklundin is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.brecklundin is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.brecklundin is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.brecklundin is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.brecklundin is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.

Device: mine
Quote:
Originally Posted by swt_decadent View Post
I actually found it on the airport and it also come with the case. I have always wanted a kindle (to be exact kindle dx for my manga) ever since it came out. Is it luck that I found one? Does amazon actually return it? Has this been proven? I been playing with it and it doesn't seem to be register. It seems new and it only have five book on it. Is there anyway I can find who the owner is? Wireless does not work where we live.

I'm having a hard time deciding if I should keep it or not. Anyway I already have Sony reader 505 and 600. My mom also promise to buy me an Ipad this school year.
Found your wallet and keys to your home and vehicle....should I keep them or return them?

What a bunch of horse-puckey...you know danged well what you need to do...your post triggers my crap detector big time. Odds are someone is playing games here.

brecklundin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2010, 12:37 PM   #28
kindlekitten
Professional Adventuress
kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: The Olympic Peninsula on the OTHER Washington! (the big green clean one on the west coast!)
Device: Kindle, the original! Times Two! and gifting an International Kindle
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rence View Post
I believe In the UK, Aust and USA that once you decided to keep something found (deprive the owner from having it back) you commit theft - which is a crime. If you have no luck with Amazon or the airport then you should hand it in to your local police station.
In some countries if the item is not claimed after x months I believe they return it to the person who found it.
it's called due diligence. the airport and amazon are sufficient. the local police would have absolutely zero interest in receiving it.
kindlekitten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2010, 02:41 PM   #29
brecklundin
Banned
brecklundin is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.brecklundin is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.brecklundin is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.brecklundin is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.brecklundin is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.brecklundin is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.brecklundin is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.brecklundin is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.brecklundin is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.brecklundin is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.brecklundin is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.

Device: mine
Quote:
Originally Posted by kindlekitten View Post
it's called due diligence. the airport and amazon are sufficient. the local police would have absolutely zero interest in receiving it.
seems someone has been into a bit too much of that BC Bud...unreal...
brecklundin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2010, 04:14 PM   #30
kindlekitten
Professional Adventuress
kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: The Olympic Peninsula on the OTHER Washington! (the big green clean one on the west coast!)
Device: Kindle, the original! Times Two! and gifting an International Kindle
Quote:
Originally Posted by brecklundin View Post
seems someone has been into a bit too much of that BC Bud...unreal...
ya' think?
kindlekitten is offline   Reply With Quote