Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Editor

Notices

Old 11-18-2014, 03:28 PM   #1
eschwartz
Ex-Helpdesk Junkie
eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: The Beaten Path, USA, Roundworld, This Side of Infinity
Device: Kindle Touch fw5.3.7 (Wifi only)
Function mode in editor S&R -- coming soon

Yes, yes, YESSSSS!!!

It is finally here! The first commit was six hours ago!

By this Friday, we should finally have the ability to use functions in Search & Replace.

Kovid!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	function-mode.png
Views:	262
Size:	182.2 KB
ID:	131289  
eschwartz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2014, 11:04 PM   #2
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
You're welcome The implementation is complete, so feel free to play with it, if you run from source.

EDIT: There is some (incomplete) documentation here: https://github.com/kovidgoyal/calibr...ction_mode.rst

Last edited by kovidgoyal; 11-19-2014 at 11:27 PM.
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-20-2014, 12:02 AM   #3
eschwartz
Ex-Helpdesk Junkie
eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Yep, I saw it.

TBH, I don't really do a lot of fancy stuff with the editor. I just think it is cool, and of course, many people will appreciate this far more than I. People who do a lot of hardcore editing.

I can probably think of a few things I'd like to do, given the time, though.

Last edited by eschwartz; 11-20-2014 at 01:37 AM.
Old 11-20-2014, 12:40 AM   #4
Terisa de morgan
Grand Sorcerer
Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara/Aura One/Forma,XiaoMI 5, iPad, Huawei MediaPad, YotaPhone 2
Thank you, I use regex a lot but not functions usually. Anyway, it can be useful at any moment.
Terisa de morgan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2014, 03:22 AM   #5
jbacelar
Interested in the matter
jbacelar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbacelar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbacelar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbacelar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbacelar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbacelar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbacelar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbacelar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbacelar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbacelar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbacelar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook InkPad 3
Kovid, thanks for this wonder.
I can't wait to try it.
jbacelar is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-20-2014, 09:03 AM   #6
phossler
Wizard
phossler ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phossler ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phossler ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phossler ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phossler ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phossler ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phossler ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phossler ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phossler ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phossler ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phossler ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite
Ditto all the above

BTW, in the (incomplete) documentation, the links like ...

Quote:
For the function, simply choose the :guilabel:`Title-case text` builtin function. The will change titles that look like: <h1>some TITLE</h1> to <h1>Some Title</h1> .
.... doesn't go anywhere so I figure that's part of the 'incomplete'???

I was especially liking the 'headings to Title Case' and the 'Auto Number sections'. Those by themselves will save me loads of time

I hope some of the really smart people here in MR will do a 'For Dummies' for people like me who are python-challenged. I have the basics of RE but I was struggling to understand the first example

Last edited by phossler; 11-20-2014 at 09:09 AM.
phossler is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2014, 10:13 PM   #7
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

That is not a link to the final documentation (it's just a quick pre-render), the final documentation will be in the User Manual, and those issues will go away. There will be a link to the documentation in the What's new page announcing this feature.
Old 11-20-2014, 10:22 PM   #8
eschwartz
Ex-Helpdesk Junkie

Gotta say I like the look of the numering thing. If only I had it when converting a 231-item ordered list to numbered paragraphs, which I eventually did with while read line echo...
Old 11-21-2014, 08:01 AM   #9
phossler
Wizard
phossler ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phossler ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phossler ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phossler ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phossler ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phossler ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phossler ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phossler ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phossler ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phossler ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phossler ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite
Quote:
Originally Posted by kovidgoyal View Post
That is not a link to the final documentation (it's just a quick pre-render), the final documentation will be in the User Manual, and those issues will go away. There will be a link to the documentation in the What's new page announcing this feature.
1. Thanks

2. BTW, the User's Manual is probably one of the best around.

a. Organized towards the user using it instead of a 'Programmers Notebook' structure

b. Readable, and occasionally entertaining
phossler is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2014, 08:08 AM   #10
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre

You're welcome I find having good documentation saves me lots of time answering questions.
Old 11-21-2014, 08:11 AM   #11
DrChiper
Bookish
DrChiper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrChiper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrChiper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrChiper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrChiper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrChiper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrChiper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrChiper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrChiper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrChiper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrChiper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PC, t1, t2, t3, aura 2 v1, clara HD, Libra 2, Nxtpaper 11
True, now just convincing people to RTFM
That's the hard part
DrChiper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2014, 08:21 AM   #12
PeterT
Grand Sorcerer
PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Clara, Touch, Tolino EPOS
Maybe time for a new sticky thread of useful to templates / expressions.
PeterT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2014, 08:26 AM   #13
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre

Quote:
Originally Posted by PeterT View Post
Maybe time for a new sticky thread of useful to templates / expressions.
The already stuck saved search examples could probably be used for these as well.