Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Sigil

Notices

Old 06-04-2014, 02:43 AM   #1
philip_rhoades
philip_rhoades began at the beginning.

Device: Samsung Galaxy Note I
Some lines center in Sigil but are LJ in readers

People,

It seems Sigil gets the closest to producing output the way I want it - except for one thing - these lines are centering OK in Sigil but are Left Justified in Google Play and Readium:

<p align="center" style="margin-bottom: 0cm; line-height: 100%; page-break-before: auto; page-break-after: auto"><font face="Liberation Sans, sans-serif">###</font></p>

I couldn't find anyone else reporting this problem so I thought I would ask - anyone got any ideas?

Also, if I can solve this problem, then Sigil will suit me just fine - but it looks like there are no current developers - I hope I don't have to go through a long-winded testing and evaluation of options again in the near future . .

Thanks,

Phil.
philip_rhoades is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2014, 02:52 AM   #2
doubleshuffle
Unicycle Daredevil
doubleshuffle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doubleshuffle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doubleshuffle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doubleshuffle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doubleshuffle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doubleshuffle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doubleshuffle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doubleshuffle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doubleshuffle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doubleshuffle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doubleshuffle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Aura HD (R.I.P. After six years the USB socket died.) tolino shine 3
I'm not sure, but I think it should be "text-align: center", not just "align: center" - at least that's what I always see in all the epubs I've opened, and so it's what I use myself. And that info should be put in an external stylesheet, like this:

p.whatever {text-align: center; line-height: 100%; etc...}

and then in your text just:

<p class="whatever">...</p>
doubleshuffle is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-04-2014, 03:21 AM   #3
philip_rhoades

doubleshuffle,

You may be on to something - this file came out of Libre Office - I just noticed that F7 gives a lot of "attribute 'align' is not declared for element 'p' " messages - I will see if that fixes the problem . .

Thanks!

Phil.
Old 06-04-2014, 03:30 AM   #4
philip_rhoades

Doesn't look like it makes any difference and this says it was OK anyway:

http://www.w3schools.com/tags/att_p_align.asp

Thanks,

Phil.
Old 06-04-2014, 03:41 AM   #5
doubleshuffle
Unicycle Daredevil
doubleshuffle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doubleshuffle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doubleshuffle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doubleshuffle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doubleshuffle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doubleshuffle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doubleshuffle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doubleshuffle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doubleshuffle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doubleshuffle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doubleshuffle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Aura HD (R.I.P. After six years the USB socket died.) tolino shine 3
Well, you should seriously consider a new way of exporting from Libre Office to epub anyway - your code with all the info in the tags is awful. Why don't you try Writer2epub - it will produce a proper epub file that works with a CSS - like this. (But even that is not ideal. Those styles shouldn't be put in the head of the html file, but in an external stylesheet - which is what Writer2epub will do for you.
doubleshuffle is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-04-2014, 04:08 AM   #6
philip_rhoades

Yep, I had problems with Writer2epub not outputting the format properly - that's why I went the HTML route - just now I managed to install writer2xhtml.oxt and that has solved _this_ problem (and got rid of nearly all the error messages) but re-introduced a missing blank line after a paragraph problem - I will look at that now or tomorrow . .

Thanks!

Phil.
Old 06-04-2014, 04:32 AM   #7
Toxaris
Wizard
Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-T1, Kobo Touch, Kobo Aura
The issue is that the original export was HTML, not XHTML. That is one of the differences between them. Also, please be aware that often the value of 'auto' for settings can give unexpected results. Most of stuff in your paragraph style can be removed without issues (not the margin though!). The font declaration can (and should) also be removed, since they depend on a font that might not be present on the reader. Font references should be in the stylesheet, not the XHTML itself.
Toxaris is offline   Reply With Quote