Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader > Kobo Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 10-17-2014, 03:05 AM   #1036
doubleshuffle
Unicycle Daredevil
doubleshuffle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doubleshuffle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doubleshuffle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doubleshuffle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doubleshuffle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doubleshuffle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doubleshuffle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doubleshuffle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doubleshuffle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doubleshuffle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doubleshuffle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Aura HD (R.I.P. After six years the USB socket died.) tolino shine 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by davidfor View Post
Sorry, I forgot that the list was somehow redacted when I posted it But, I have the list here in front of me. It looks very nice. And even longer than the posted version. Hopefully, I'll be able to post it properly soon.
I see. Sounds intriguing. Is it actually going to be released before it has morphed into 3.17-and-a-half?
doubleshuffle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2014, 03:29 AM   #1037
scoky
Connoisseur
scoky can differentiate black from dark navy bluescoky can differentiate black from dark navy bluescoky can differentiate black from dark navy bluescoky can differentiate black from dark navy bluescoky can differentiate black from dark navy bluescoky can differentiate black from dark navy bluescoky can differentiate black from dark navy bluescoky can differentiate black from dark navy bluescoky can differentiate black from dark navy bluescoky can differentiate black from dark navy bluescoky can differentiate black from dark navy blue

Device: Kindle Paperwhite; KOBO AURA HD
I just hope new firmware can fix words cutoff bug in kepub full screen mode.
scoky is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-17-2014, 05:37 AM   #1038
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
Quote:
Originally Posted by doubleshuffle View Post
I see. Sounds intriguing. Is it actually going to be released before it has morphed into 3.17-and-a-half?
I think it will be a lot sooner than that. Probably.

Quote:
Originally Posted by scoky View Post
I just hope new firmware can fix words cutoff bug in kepub full screen mode.
I don't usually use that mode, so my only test is to check that it still exists or has been made official. My current book happens to be a purchased kepub. I'll have a look.
davidfor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2014, 11:48 AM   #1039
DNSB
Bibliophagist
DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage, Forma, Clara HD, Lenovo M8 FHD, Paperwhite 4, Tolino epos
Just to make things more fun, ran into one web page where the claim was made that both Amazon and Kobo are going to move to Android for their eInk ereaders. Hmmm... running the Kobo app on a Voyage and the Kindle app on a H2O... The "reasoning", as near as I can tell, was that to keep up with other ereaders, they need to move to a platform that more people are familiar with. Candy Crush on an eInk screen?
DNSB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2014, 11:52 AM   #1040
simond
Fanatic
simond ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.simond ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.simond ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.simond ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.simond ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.simond ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.simond ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.simond ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.simond ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.simond ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.simond ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura One, iPad, iPhone
I should try that sometime on my Illumina HD
simond is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-17-2014, 01:17 PM   #1041
doubleshuffle
Unicycle Daredevil
doubleshuffle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doubleshuffle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doubleshuffle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doubleshuffle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doubleshuffle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doubleshuffle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doubleshuffle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doubleshuffle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doubleshuffle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doubleshuffle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doubleshuffle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Aura HD (R.I.P. After six years the USB socket died.) tolino shine 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by DNSB View Post
Candy Crush on an eInk screen?
If only Cwazy Cupcakes was real...
doubleshuffle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2014, 05:37 PM   #1042
loco_diabolo
loco_diabolo can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterloco_diabolo can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterloco_diabolo can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterloco_diabolo can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterloco_diabolo can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterloco_diabolo can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterloco_diabolo can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterloco_diabolo can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterloco_diabolo can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterloco_diabolo can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterloco_diabolo can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameter

Device: kobo glo, kobo aura
PC Desktop 3.11.0
16.10.14 (fbdde55d4d) is available at the usual spot.
loco_diabolo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2014, 07:55 PM   #1043
murg
No Comment
murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo: Not just an eReader, it's an adventure!
Quote:
Originally Posted by loco_diabolo View Post
PC Desktop 3.11.0
16.10.14 (fbdde55d4d) is available at the usual spot.
The first post has been updated.

This usually means that a firmware release is imminent. Gird your loins!
murg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2014, 02:11 PM   #1044
jackastor
Wizard
jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iphone stanza, kobo touch,ASUS TF300,KOBO GLO, Kobo Aura HD, Kobo Mini
Quote:
Originally Posted by murg View Post

Ya think that might be enough?

Gonna be interesting times we live in.

regards

Jack
jackastor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2014, 05:54 PM   #1045
murg
No Comment
murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jackastor View Post
Ya think that might be enough?

Gonna be interesting times we live in.

regards

Jack
Phasers on Stun!
Old 10-19-2014, 11:19 AM   #1046
Nick_1964
Bookworm
Nick_1964 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nick_1964 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nick_1964 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nick_1964 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nick_1964 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nick_1964 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nick_1964 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nick_1964 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nick_1964 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nick_1964 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nick_1964 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony prs-650, Kobo Glo HD (2x), Kobo Glo
Quote:

That also means new patching to do... and I always have to "lean on" to people that have to help me..and the impossibility to do something back..
Nick_1964 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2014, 02:13 PM   #1047
chrisridd
Guru
chrisridd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chrisridd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chrisridd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chrisridd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chrisridd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chrisridd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chrisridd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chrisridd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chrisridd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chrisridd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chrisridd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura, Kobo Aura ONE, Marvin 3
There's a new version of the Mac desktop as well. I'm not sure if they get updated in sync with the Windows version.

The Mac version is 3.11.0, dated 10/16/14 (fbdde55d4d) - exactly the same date and git hash as the Windows version, so I guess they're built from the same source code.

One thing did strike me, looking at the copyright screen - it says it contains "Reader Mobile software under license from Adobe Systems Incorporated, Copyright 1995-2001"
  1. Wouldn't the app only ever read kepubs bought from the store, i.e. using Kobo's ACCESS engine?
  2. Copyright 2011 suggests an older version of the RMSDK without their new more horrible DRM.

Last edited by chrisridd; 10-19-2014 at 02:19 PM. Reason: Noticed the git hash was identical to the Windows version
chrisridd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2014, 04:43 PM   #1048
murg
No Comment

Quote:
Originally Posted by chrisridd View Post
There's a new version of the Mac desktop as well. I'm not sure if they get updated in sync with the Windows version.

The Mac version is 3.11.0, dated 10/16/14 (fbdde55d4d) - exactly the same date and git hash as the Windows version, so I guess they're built from the same source code.

One thing did strike me, looking at the copyright screen - it says it contains "Reader Mobile software under license from Adobe Systems Incorporated, Copyright 1995-2001"
  1. Wouldn't the app only ever read kepubs bought from the store, i.e. using Kobo's ACCESS engine?
  2. Copyright 2011 suggests an older version of the RMSDK without their new more horrible DRM.
Can you post the link to the Mac desktop, please?

The copyright notice doesn't prevent them from have both the Adobe and Kepub engines in the desktop.

They may have not updated the copyright notice if they're using a newer version of the Access engine.
Old 10-19-2014, 07:18 PM   #1049
DNSB
Bibliophagist
DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage, Forma, Clara HD, Lenovo M8 FHD, Paperwhite 4, Tolino epos
Quote:
Can you post the link to the Mac desktop, please?
KoboSetup.dmg

One item to remember is that this link always points to the latest version of the Kobo Desktop, the same as the PC link, which makes it a pain to obtain an older version.

Last edited by DNSB; 10-19-2014 at 07:21 PM.
DNSB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2014, 05:45 AM   #1050
murg
No Comment

I've updated the first post to include the Mac Desktop