Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 01-23-2016, 03:42 AM   #1
Respigi
Respigi began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo aura H2O
A Syncing Problem

I`m trying to use the Aldiko app to provide a means of syncing the bookmarks between my Android tablet and my Kobo H2O. "Dead easy" said Aldiko
You just need to have your books from each pasted on your PC and Aldiko installed on each device.
Fine, because the tablet has Internet access Aldiko installed on it OK, but I can`t install it on my Kobo. I have a good WiFi connection.
What`s the steps here? Dragging the Aldiko app to the Kobo and trying to activate it there of course does`nt work.
I have never used the Internet on my Kobo before.
Thanks.
Respigi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2016, 04:30 AM   #2
darryl
Wizard
darryl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.darryl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.darryl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.darryl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.darryl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.darryl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.darryl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.darryl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.darryl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.darryl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.darryl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura H2O, Kindle Oasis, Huwei Ascend Mate 7
Last I looked the Kobo H2O was running a variation of Linux, not Android. Aldiko is an Android app and will not run on the H2O. Unless of course you want to run Android on your H2O, which I do recall seeing something about, but doubt it would be as functional for ereading as your stock H2O. At the moment there does not seem to be a way of achieving what you want to achieve. Your best hope is that someone cares enough to hack the H2O firmware to support third party sync, which I doubt will happen.

Sorry to be the bearer of bad tidings.

EDIT: Forgot to add you could try KOReader, which has versions which run on the H2O and on Android. I did play with it for a while and it is excellent software which runs well on the H2O. Last I used it the Android version was not as polished and mileage varied from device to device. But I believe it will synch between KORoeader installed on different devices.

Last edited by darryl; 01-23-2016 at 04:38 AM.
darryl is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-23-2016, 05:20 AM   #3
Respigi
Respigi began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo aura H2O
Thanks darryl, that must be the problem. I did`nt read the info closely enough. Aldiko is Android only.
I`ll try the KOReader. Tnx
Respigi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2016, 09:11 AM   #4
Ken Maltby
Wizard
Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Boox Note2, AuraHD, PDA,
There is now a KOReader Forum and Tshering's great "Kobo Start Menu" (KSM8), which is used to launch KOReader has just added the means to launch "Syncthing". Check this out.

If you just want to progress sync ebooks between devices, KOReader can do that itself.

Luck;
Ken

Last edited by Ken Maltby; 01-23-2016 at 09:34 AM.
Ken Maltby is offline   Reply With Quote