Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Introduce Yourself

Notices

Old 02-07-2008, 05:23 PM   #1
Opie
Opie began at the beginning.

Device: iPAQ hx2795 / Thinking about getting an e-paper device
Post Wanting your opinion!!!

Hello everyone,

I've been an e-book reader on my iPAQ 2795 for about a year now. Recently a friend of mine introduced me to a technology, new to me, known as e-paper.

What I've been trying to research is which device to go with. I do like the fact that my iPAQ is backlit in most cases, but I have to flip pages constantly, my eyes tire after a short time of use, and I find myself only using it for reading...

So, are there any suggestions? I've read up on the e-reader by Sony and a little on the Cybook 3rd Gen, as well as the 1st generation Kindle.

I thought 400.00 bucks for a pocket pc that does the works was a lot to ask for, so 400 big ones for a device that simple displays words and plays a little music is not something I would normally do.

That is why I am asking for opinions on any of the devices you have come to love and or hate. Please help me out...
Opie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2008, 09:28 PM   #2
MickeyC
Grand Sorcerer
MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone 6 plus, Sony T1, iPad 3
Hi Opie and welcome to the Forum. I have a Sony 505 and I like it a lot. They cost $300, although I got mine for $170. I lucked into a sale of window displays,

Anyway, I like the Sony a lot. There is a sub forum dedicated to which machine you should choose. You might browse that and see what others have to say.
MickeyC is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert