Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Deals and Resources (No Self-Promotion or Affiliate Links)

Notices

Old 09-13-2008, 04:18 PM   #1
Alexander Turcic
Fully Converged
Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Too many to count here.
Free serialized novel "Corduroy Mansions" to begin

wchris sent us the word that the UK's Telegraph is producing a new on-line novel by best-selling author Alexander McCall Smith. It's called "Corduroy Mansions" and is to be serialized for twenty weeks, from September 15 to February 13. You can get your free daily chapters by email or feed.

Quote:
Set in London's Pimlico, the novel centres on a cast of characters living in an unassuming house nicknamed Corduroy Mansions.
You can find out more about this online novel at telegraph.co.uk/onlinenovel.
Alexander Turcic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2008, 04:26 PM   #2
daffy4u
I'm Super Kindle-icious
daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: KDXG, KT, Oasis
I'm all over it! Thanks.
daffy4u is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-13-2008, 04:26 PM   #3
Hadrien
Feedbooks.com Co-Founder
Hadrien understands the importance of being earnest.Hadrien understands the importance of being earnest.Hadrien understands the importance of being earnest.Hadrien understands the importance of being earnest.Hadrien understands the importance of being earnest.Hadrien understands the importance of being earnest.Hadrien understands the importance of being earnest.Hadrien understands the importance of being earnest.Hadrien understands the importance of being earnest.Hadrien understands the importance of being earnest.Hadrien understands the importance of being earnest.

Device: Sony PRS-t-1/350/300/500/505/600/700, Nexus S, iPad
There's a lot of serialized novels available online.

Currently, I'm doing a little test with Stanza + Feedbooks, we're distributing directly to the iPhone the following serialized novels: Stillwater & Selene.

Selene: http://www.lilithsaintcrow.com/selene/
On Feedbooks: http://www.feedbooks.com/feed/6180

Stillwater: http://scaryparent.blogspot.com/
On Feedbooks: http://www.feedbooks.com/feed/6182

I use Yahoo Pipes! to filter and reverse the feeds, this way I get something that looks exactly like a book through Feedbooks.
Hadrien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2008, 04:30 PM   #4
daffy4u
I'm Super Kindle-icious
daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: KDXG, KT, Oasis
I'm all over that one too! Thanks too!

Edit: Hadrien, this was so easy to download on my iPod Touch. I didn't even have to search for it, it was right there under Online Catalogs. In fact, I see all the newspaper feeds there as well. Great job!

Last edited by daffy4u; 09-13-2008 at 07:13 PM.
daffy4u is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2008, 04:34 PM   #5
TadW
Uebermensch
TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle
Ahh, McCall Smith is quite well known. Check out his bio over here:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Alexander_McCall_Smith
TadW is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-14-2008, 05:45 AM   #6
Mindy
Away with the Faeries
Mindy can illuminate an eclipseMindy can illuminate an eclipseMindy can illuminate an eclipseMindy can illuminate an eclipseMindy can illuminate an eclipseMindy can illuminate an eclipseMindy can illuminate an eclipseMindy can illuminate an eclipseMindy can illuminate an eclipseMindy can illuminate an eclipseMindy can illuminate an eclipse

Device: Sony PRS 650
Kewl. Was just reading yesterday that his first 'Scotland Street' book was originally serialis(z)ed (?) in the Times.
Was raving about No. 1 Ladies in Recommendations too so this is perfect! I'm sure anyone who's read his stuff before won't hesitate, and for anyone who isn't sure I'd definitely recommend having a look.
Mindy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2008, 02:43 PM   #7
badgoodDeb
Grand Sorcerer
badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Palms, K1-4s, iPads, iPhones, KV, KO1
Ooooo -- and he plays the bassoon too! ( I used to; still love the sound)
badgoodDeb is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
duck!