Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 12-28-2012, 12:53 PM   #1
guspasho
Connoisseur
guspasho began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Touch
Minor bug with Author -> Author Sort

I'm not sure where Calibre bug reports go, and if this is even a fixable bug, but I noticed the Author to Author Sort conversion can't handle some circumstances. "The Dalai Lama" gets converted to "Lama, The Dalai" when it should be "Dalai Lama, The", and "Ursula K. Le Guin" gets converted to "Guin, Ursula K. Le" when it should be "Le Guin, Ursula K."

Maybe the former can be fixed by implementing a rule for moving only the indefinite article when the field says "The XXXXX XXXX" or something. I have no idea how the latter could be fixed for only those cases, maybe someone else does.
guspasho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2012, 12:58 PM   #2
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
There is no way in general to implement author -> author sort "correctly" for all author names. That is why you can edit the author sort field manually for special cases like these.
kovidgoyal is online now   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-29-2012, 05:54 AM   #3
Sabardeyn
Guru
Sabardeyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sabardeyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sabardeyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sabardeyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sabardeyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sabardeyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sabardeyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sabardeyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sabardeyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sabardeyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sabardeyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PC (Calibre), Nexus 7 2013 (Moon+ Pro), HTC HD2/Leo (Freda)
Yes, you will find that their are always a few books that fall outside of calibre's standard expectations. In these cases you just have to come up with a way to handle things and use them consistently.

One thing I did was to create a personal "Manual of Style" book which I entered into my Library as a standard book. Making it readily available if I need to refer back to it at a later date. I'll never remember what I did for case X a year or two from now!
Sabardeyn is offline   Reply With Quote