Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 11-21-2007, 09:07 PM   #1
TallMomof2
Kindlephilia
TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Too many to count
Thumbs up Returning Kindle ebooks

I purchased a cookbook to see how it worked on the Kindle. I couldn't navigate via the TOC so I requested a refund.

No problem, Amazon's return policy is 7 days for Kindle ebooks. It took several hours for the return to be processed. I was also politely told to delete the returned ebook from my Kindle.
TallMomof2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2007, 09:10 PM   #2
CCDMan
CCDMan shares his or her toysCCDMan shares his or her toysCCDMan shares his or her toysCCDMan shares his or her toysCCDMan shares his or her toysCCDMan shares his or her toysCCDMan shares his or her toysCCDMan shares his or her toysCCDMan shares his or her toysCCDMan shares his or her toysCCDMan shares his or her toys

Device: *****
That is kinda nice. It also will encourage them to make the books formatted better.
CCDMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-21-2007, 09:20 PM   #3
Zoot
Connoisseur
Zoot began at the beginning.

Device: Amazon Kindle
Is any confirmation required to buy something from the reader? Like entering your Amazon password? I haven't tried it yet off the device itself. I ask because there are some books on the Amazon store that cost $1,000.00 and I'd really not want to leave the device in un-trusted hands if there's no protection from them buying whatever they feel like (while just playing with the store interface not realizing they're spending real money as the device is not obviously connected to the net).

Z.
Zoot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2007, 09:58 PM   #4
SanAntone
Connoisseur
SanAntone began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2 and Scribe
Yikes! Some ebooks cost $1000?

Never fear...there's a confirmation page when you purchase a book and a button option to cancel the purchase.
SanAntone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2007, 10:51 PM   #5
Nate the great
Sir Penguin of Edinburgh
Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Shake a stick plus 1
Plus you can turn off the radio before handing it over.
Nate the great is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-22-2007, 11:45 AM   #6
Zoot
Connoisseur
Zoot began at the beginning.

Device: Amazon Kindle
Quote:
Originally Posted by SanAntone View Post
Never fear...there's a confirmation page when you purchase a book and a button option to cancel the purchase.
Yeah, but there's not even an "Ok to buy this?" prompt. You're looking at a store page and if you select the Buy option then it's yours with no confirmation, no password entry, etc.

Well, ok, it's sort of a confirmation page in that it says "you bought it, click here if that was an accident and you want to undo it".

I make iTunes ask me my password at last once per session when buying, and I would feel a lot more comfortable being able to tell the Kindle not to trust that the person holding it has unlimited access to my credit card.

Haven't tried playing with the settings for 1-click, but at the moment it appears you must allow one-click sales in order to use the device.

Z.
Zoot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2007, 02:11 PM   #7
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
Can you set a power-on password, or anything like that on the Kindle, to prevent other people from just picking it up and using it?
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote