Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > PocketBook > PocketBook Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 03-08-2014, 05:39 PM   #31
lassen_wir_das
lassen_wir_das began at the beginning.

Device: Touch Lux
Indeed, I'm using windows. But folder options are set to show hidden folders (the system folder itself is a hidden one).
/edit And neither was there a folder named .applications. I checked that as well.
lassen_wir_das is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2014, 07:52 AM   #32
jtt
Connoisseur
jtt composes epic poetry in binary.jtt composes epic poetry in binary.jtt composes epic poetry in binary.jtt composes epic poetry in binary.jtt composes epic poetry in binary.jtt composes epic poetry in binary.jtt composes epic poetry in binary.jtt composes epic poetry in binary.jtt composes epic poetry in binary.jtt composes epic poetry in binary.jtt composes epic poetry in binary.

Device: PB 622, PB 623
Hi,

I unfortunately can't help since I don't have Windows. But in the german pocketbook forum I found a description by Forkosigan for showing all files when using Windows:

https://www.mobileread.com/forums/att...7&d=1386875857

Since your name suggests that you understand German perhaps this is of some use to you. The link to the complete thread is

https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=229023

Best regards, Jens
jtt is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-14-2014, 01:21 PM   #33
lassen_wir_das
lassen_wir_das began at the beginning.

Device: Touch Lux
That did it! (The second checkbox, show/hide system files. Has that always been there? Either way, pretty basic and my bad.) Thanks for your help and the great program!
lassen_wir_das is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2014, 08:18 PM   #34
jtt
Connoisseur
jtt composes epic poetry in binary.jtt composes epic poetry in binary.jtt composes epic poetry in binary.jtt composes epic poetry in binary.jtt composes epic poetry in binary.jtt composes epic poetry in binary.jtt composes epic poetry in binary.jtt composes epic poetry in binary.jtt composes epic poetry in binary.jtt composes epic poetry in binary.jtt composes epic poetry in binary.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lassen_wir_das View Post
That did it! (The second checkbox, show/hide system files. Has that always been there?
I'm not sure, but from what I've been reading MicroSoft decided somewhere in Vista, XP or Windows7 that being able to just look at "system files" was inappropriate for the "unwashed masses" and decided to hide them unless you told the system to show them. The rationale probably was that too many people, as usually running everything with the "administrator account" (or what's it called these days under Windows), mananged to delete important files and then complained that "something" had broken their computer. Of course, they didn't consider that files on a completely different device may not follow the same naminhg patterns as under Windows, but who, in his right mind, would use anything but Windows?;-)

But great that it now works for you! Please let me know if you find any problems.

Regards, Jens
Old 09-17-2014, 07:43 AM   #35
Golden67
Golden67 began at the beginning.

Device: Pocketbook ultra
Hi!
I've installed vip on my Pocketbook ultra. But the start page has many erased characters and the spaces between two letters are very irregular. The keyboard is cutten in two parts and so some keys can't be seen. Do you know where does the bug come from?
you can look at : https://www.dropbox.com/s/8gc664jn2r...r0002.JPG?dl=0

When I try to register a file (with ":w filename" there is : E212 : can't open a file for writing)
The software isn't perhaps compatible. Does anyone have another version?

Last edited by Golden67; 09-17-2014 at 03:22 PM.
Golden67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-20-2014, 09:41 AM   #36
jtt
Connoisseur

Hi,

Quote:
I've installed vip on my Pocketbook ultra. But the start page has many erased characters and the spaces between two letters are very irregular. The keyboard is cutten in two parts and so some keys can't be seen. Do you know where does the bug come from?
you can look at : https://www.dropbox.com/s/8gc664jn2r...r0002.JPG?dl=0
Looks ugly indeed! And I have to admit that I have no idea at all why it's doing that. Unfortunately, since I have no Ultra (just a Touch and Touch Lux) I fear that I won't be able to help much here - on my devices it's running as intended. But I will take a look if I can find anything looking suspcious that could have effects like you see them. The ugly spacing of the characters is especially puzzling - the program uses (if possible) the function for drawing strings from the inkview library. Perhaps a newer version has some bug that keeps it from dealing correctly with mono-spaced fonts?

Quote:
When I try to register a file (with ":w filename" there is : E212 : can't open a file for writing)
Are you aware that only a subset of the directories is writable by the user? Many are write-proteceted except for the root user. Alas, no-one seems to know how to become root... Have you tried to write the file to '/mnt/ext1' or, if you have an SD card, to '/mnt/ext2'? Those are writabe directories.

Regards, Jens
Old 03-29-2023, 12:35 PM   #37
neil_swann80
neil_swann80 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neil_swann80 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neil_swann80 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neil_swann80 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neil_swann80 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neil_swann80 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neil_swann80 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neil_swann80 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neil_swann80 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neil_swann80 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neil_swann80 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PB632 [HD3]
Crashes on start

I'm having problems running vip on my PB632, it crashes on start. The keyboard flashes up briefly then I'm back to the main screen.

I've triple checked all files/directories were placed on my pocketbook exactly as described in the readme.

pbterm works perfectly and I tried running vip via that... I've attached the screenshot of the output. Any ideas how to get this working?

Attached Images
File Type: bmp scr0001.bmp (155.7 KB, 73 views)

Last edited by neil_swann80; 04-14-2023 at 03:37 PM.
neil_swann80 is offline   Reply With Quote