Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Recipes

Notices

Old 04-28-2013, 11:50 AM   #1
jumafl
Enthusiast
jumafl began at the beginning.

Device: Amazon Kindle Paperwhite
Orlando Sentinel missing articles

The Orlando Sentinel implemented a paywall last year. Up until recently, the Orlando Sentinel recipe continued to extract all articles. Now the recipe only returns about 10 articles per day.

When I view articles in a browser, I'm able to access them without a paywall popup by doing the following:
  • Internet Explorer 10: Under Internet Options, on the Security tab, set the security level for the Internet zone to High.
  • Firefox 20.0.1: On the Privacy tab of the FireFox Options menu item, turn off 'Accept cookies from sites'.
Is it possible to implement one of these two options in the Orlando Sentinel recipe? I ran some searches on the Calibre User Manual but I didn't see a way to turn off cookie support. I see that it is possible to implement customized cookie handling but that is beyond my skills.
jumafl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2013, 12:41 PM   #2
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
http://bazaar.launchpad.net/~kovid/c...revision/14876
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-28-2013, 01:23 PM   #3
jumafl
Enthusiast

Wow Kovid, thank you for fixing this so quickly. I applied your changes and the recipe is working again.
Old 04-29-2013, 08:50 PM   #4
jumafl
Enthusiast

Would it be appropriate to add the "ignore_duplicate_articles = {'title'}" command to the Orlando Sentinel recipe? They post the same articles in multiple feeds and, in my tests, this command is eliminating the duplicates.
Old 04-29-2013, 10:57 PM   #5
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
It depends on what you want. Some people like having duplicates, it allows them to read through only a few sections of interest and not miss anything.
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert