Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Android Devices > enTourage eDGe

Notices

Old 11-21-2011, 11:01 PM   #106
SweetLilSierra
SweetLilSierra began at the beginning.

Device: Entourage Pocket Edge
Never mind I got it too work. But thanks anyway!
SweetLilSierra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2011, 10:53 AM   #107
MarsWalker
MarsWalker began at the beginning.

Device: PE
Quote:
Originally Posted by kennyminot View Post
Agentbolt -

You can actually get Angry Birds to work. The problem with the installation has nothing to do with the eDGe's graphic capabilities but is related to the sdcard problem. It attempts to automatically install to the sdcard, but it can't because of some kind of encryption issues. The way around this is to just unmount the sdcard.

Unfortunately, my system is now configured a little strangely because I've been messing around with it. Therefore, I'm not exactly sure how to get it to work with a standard configuration. You might try two things:

A. Just unplug the sdcard and give it a shot.

B. Go into DevTools and start the terminal emulator. Then, type the following commands:

su
umount /sdcard

Then, install Angry Birds and reboot. You might need to have your system rooted for this to work, but that is a pretty simple process; all you need to do is install and run z4root from the Amazon Marketplace.

Angry Birds runs fine as long as you turn off the background. Otherwise, it's too slow to be playable. I would be extremely interested in figuring out how to overclock this device; however, to get even better performance, my guess is we'd have to play around with the video drivers, which is definitely beyond my ability.

As for Flash, I have no idea why I can't install one of the later versions. The logcat readout is weird, and I can't find any more information about the problem on the interwebs. If you try either of these things, just let me know if they worked, and I'll update the thread.
For me the easy way was to plug the eDGe into my PC (mount it to be seen in my windows box) and then install the apps that where failing.
MarsWalker is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-12-2012, 09:00 AM   #108
jfgirl
jfgirl began at the beginning.

Device: Pocket Edge
Quick question: If I already did the Ermine update and the hack "Allmine" from ktwombley, in order to install the golden allmine so I can get more memory to downlown more apps, do I need to do a factory reset? I attemped to do this update, but it has failed. I would include the update.log but I don't know how to do that. Maybe this question isn't so quick...LOL. Thanks
jfgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2012, 03:30 PM   #109
pablob
Connoisseur
pablob can extract oil from cheesepablob can extract oil from cheesepablob can extract oil from cheesepablob can extract oil from cheesepablob can extract oil from cheesepablob can extract oil from cheesepablob can extract oil from cheesepablob can extract oil from cheese

Device: OnyxBook M96, enTourage Pocket eDGe (retired)
Quote:
Originally Posted by jfgirl View Post
Quick question: If I already did the Ermine update and the hack "Allmine" from ktwombley, in order to install the golden allmine so I can get more memory to downlown more apps, do I need to do a factory reset? I attemped to do this update, but it has failed. I would include the update.log but I don't know how to do that. Maybe this question isn't so quick...LOL. Thanks
No, you shouldn't need to do a factory reset.
Did you make sure you downloaded the last version (rc3)?
How does the upgrade fail?

You can include the update.log file as an attachment to the post, I think (please compress it into a zipfile first).
pablob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2012, 08:44 PM   #110
jfgirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by pablob View Post
No, you shouldn't need to do a factory reset.
Did you make sure you downloaded the last version (rc3)?
How does the upgrade fail?

You can include the update.log file as an attachment to the post, I think (please compress it into a zipfile first).

Where is the update log?
Advert
Old 01-12-2012, 09:46 PM   #111
jfgirl

PS... I'm gonna redownload the zip files and try again. PPS... I am using a USB stick. PPPS I tired looking for the update.log and found every log but that one. SIGH. I will let you know in in the AM whether it worked.
Old 01-13-2012, 04:25 PM   #112
jfgirl

Nope it didn't work. I tried a SD card, redownloaded the zip files, and it didn't work. Do I need to connect the PE to the computer in order to find the update.log because I still can't find it?!?!?! SIGH
Old 01-13-2012, 06:40 PM   #113
jfgirl

I GOT TO BE MORE CAREFUL!!!!!

When I clicked on
Step 1. Download the Ermine update files.

I didn't read the POCKET EDGE ONLY Files page, I went directly to the ◦PEGoldenAllmine
instructions, so I didn't see where I needed to upzip the ◦PEGoldenAllmine file first!!!!!! SMH!!!!!!

Sooooooo, now that I have unzipped the first .zip file, renamed the second .zip file, added the gapps.zip file (I renamed it) and followed the rest of the instructions.....

I HAVE SUCCESS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I still would like to know how to get to the fracking update.log!!!! That is gonna bother me until I find out. Thanks.
Old 01-14-2012, 11:21 PM   #114
Filark
Armed with a smile :)
Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: enTourage eDGe & Pocket eDGe, Samsung Galaxy Note II
Congratulations, jfgirl!!

You might try a search for "update.log" in this (entourage) forum. I seem to recall someone saying how to find it . . . Or make a post in the main body of the forum asking the question, and someone who knows will likely answer you.

Good luck, and enjoy!
Filark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2012, 01:55 PM   #115
Yivi
Shhh I'm reading...
Yivi began at the beginning.

Device: Pocket eDGe - iPad
Congratulations from me, too
Yivi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2012, 04:21 PM   #116
jfgirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by yugami View Post
I added these 3 lines to my build.prop - things I've found around the internet. The LCD density increases the resolution just a hair (enough for maybe 3 more icons on the home screen)

wifi.supplicant_scan_interval = 90
windowsmgr.max_events_per_sec=60
ro.sf.lcd_density=120

Does it matter were you put the lines in the build.prop? What does the first two do??? Thanks
Old 01-28-2012, 10:17 PM   #117
kennyminot
Groupie
kennyminot composes epic poetry in binary.kennyminot composes epic poetry in binary.kennyminot composes epic poetry in binary.kennyminot composes epic poetry in binary.kennyminot composes epic poetry in binary.kennyminot composes epic poetry in binary.kennyminot composes epic poetry in binary.kennyminot composes epic poetry in binary.kennyminot composes epic poetry in binary.kennyminot composes epic poetry in binary.kennyminot composes epic poetry in binary.

Device: HTC EVO View 4G, HTC Wildfire S, Asus T91MT
I just want everyone to know - I've sold my PE and switched to a HTC Evo View 4G. Most likely, I'll be lurking here sometimes, but I don't plan anymore major updates. You might want to have someone take over the thread.
kennyminot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2012, 11:04 PM   #118
Filark
Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kennyminot View Post
I just want everyone to know - I've sold my PE and switched to a HTC Evo View 4G. Most likely, I'll be lurking here sometimes, but I don't plan anymore major updates. You might want to have someone take over the thread.
Sad to see you go, Kenny!

What do you like about the HTC EVO View? (Always interested in nifty new technology! )

Thanks for your past contributions. You helped a lot of people here!
Old 01-28-2012, 11:17 PM   #119
kennyminot
Groupie
kennyminot composes epic poetry in binary.kennyminot composes epic poetry in binary.kennyminot composes epic poetry in binary.kennyminot composes epic poetry in binary.kennyminot composes epic poetry in binary.kennyminot composes epic poetry in binary.kennyminot composes epic poetry in binary.kennyminot composes epic poetry in binary.kennyminot composes epic poetry in binary.kennyminot composes epic poetry in binary.kennyminot composes epic poetry in binary.

Device: HTC EVO View 4G, HTC Wildfire S, Asus T91MT
I used the eDGe mainly as a document reader - because I'm an academic, I'm continually reading and editing PDF files, and it worked very well for that purpose. Unfortunately, it pretty much sucked as a media device. I couldn't watch movies on it or play even the most simple games. As such, I ended up also buying an HP Touchpad. Sometimes, I'd lug around both to various places.

Because the HTC View has a stylus, it basically combines both these two worlds. I can annotate PDF files on the touchscreen, and I can consume media when I just want to play. So it allowed me to replace both tablets with an all-purpose device.

I originally didn't buy it because of the lukewarm reviews. Most people criticized the PDF software, saying that the stylus made lines that were too long for annotation. The stylus also was only functional in some apps. Recently, though, it got a honeycomb update that made the stylus universal, which is what made my take the plunge. I was actually pleasantly surprised by the built-in PDF software (I didn't have any of the problems mentioned by the critics; the lines always were thin enough for my taste). I still use the packaged software instead of EZ PDFReader.

It also has an awesome note app that syncs with Evernote. In my opinion, it's currently one of the best tablets on the market.
kennyminot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2012, 01:46 AM   #120
Filark

The View sounds great.

I am still waiting for the Samsung Galaxy Note because the only thing missing for me from the PE is being able to use it as a telephone when I'm away from wifi.