Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > General Discussions

Notices

Old 12-11-2010, 03:49 PM   #1
KenJackson
Addict
KenJackson goes to infinity... and beyond!KenJackson goes to infinity... and beyond!KenJackson goes to infinity... and beyond!KenJackson goes to infinity... and beyond!KenJackson goes to infinity... and beyond!KenJackson goes to infinity... and beyond!KenJackson goes to infinity... and beyond!KenJackson goes to infinity... and beyond!KenJackson goes to infinity... and beyond!KenJackson goes to infinity... and beyond!KenJackson goes to infinity... and beyond!

Device: Sony PRS-650
Is goodreads.com up?

I created an account at goodreads.com a few months ago. It looked like an interesting place to read and post book reviews. But now when I try to log in, I get this error message:
Sorry, your session timed out - please try again. Please also make sure you have cookies enabled.
But cookies are enabled. I deleted my goodreads cookies and tried again to no avail.

I tried creating a new account -- same error.
I tried loging in with my google credentials -- same error.
I tried their on-line contact us form -- same error.

Has anyone else logged in, in the last week?
KenJackson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2010, 05:03 PM   #2
lila55
Fanatic
lila55 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lila55 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lila55 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lila55 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lila55 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lila55 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lila55 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lila55 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lila55 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lila55 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lila55 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PocketBook 360° , iPhone 5, PRS-650, Sony PRS-T2, Sony PRS-T3, Tolino
Just a couple of hours ago I added a new book to my library at goodreads and encountered no problems.
lila55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-11-2010, 07:50 PM   #3
Ravensknight
Serpent Rider
Ravensknight ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ravensknight ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ravensknight ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ravensknight ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ravensknight ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ravensknight ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ravensknight ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ravensknight ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ravensknight ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ravensknight ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ravensknight ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony 350; Nook STR; Oasis
I've been active for the last month, no problems. Good luck...
Ravensknight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2010, 08:02 PM   #4
mish
Addict
mish ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mish ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mish ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mish ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mish ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mish ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mish ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mish ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mish ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mish ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mish ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-350, Kindle 2
I'm in goodreads constantly. It does have hiccups occassionally but they don't usually last long. If you still can't get in try contacting support@goodreads.com.
mish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2010, 02:36 AM   #5
lene1949
Wizard
lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle paper white
I have never had any problems with the site.
lene1949 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-12-2010, 05:03 AM   #6
neilmarr
neilmarr
neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: sony
Same here; no probs. Try logging out, Ken, then start a new session and log in again. Cheers. Neil
neilmarr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2010, 08:32 AM   #7
SlowRain
Addict
SlowRain knows what is on the back of the AURYN.SlowRain knows what is on the back of the AURYN.SlowRain knows what is on the back of the AURYN.SlowRain knows what is on the back of the AURYN.SlowRain knows what is on the back of the AURYN.SlowRain knows what is on the back of the AURYN.SlowRain knows what is on the back of the AURYN.SlowRain knows what is on the back of the AURYN.SlowRain knows what is on the back of the AURYN.SlowRain knows what is on the back of the AURYN.SlowRain knows what is on the back of the AURYN.

Device: HTC 10, Asus Phonepad
I used to get this problem only when using Google Chrome, but I now get it with Firefox, too. If you search the internet, you'll see it's a pretty common problem with Good Reads. The only way I log on is with Internet Explorer at work, or else with Opera Mini or Dolphin HD on my phone.

You're not alone. Good Reads really needs to get their act together.
SlowRain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2010, 09:18 AM   #8
Steven Lake
Sci-Fi Author
Steven Lake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PC (Calibre)
KenJackson, one way to be sure that it's not you is to first clear your cache and all your cookies. Then close and restart the browser. If it fails again, try with a different browser. I know it may sound weird, but I actually have something like 5 different browsers on my machine. Sure, I do cloud development and need them for UI testing, but still, even if I didn't do that, it's still wise to have more than one browser on your machine. Especially if one of them should ever fail.
Steven Lake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2010, 11:22 AM   #9
Care
Aes Sedai
Care has every book they ever wanted in electronic form on their reader.Care has every book they ever wanted in electronic form on their reader.Care has every book they ever wanted in electronic form on their reader.Care has every book they ever wanted in electronic form on their reader.Care has every book they ever wanted in electronic form on their reader.Care has every book they ever wanted in electronic form on their reader.Care has every book they ever wanted in electronic form on their reader.Care has every book they ever wanted in electronic form on their reader.Care has every book they ever wanted in electronic form on their reader.Care has every book they ever wanted in electronic form on their reader.Care has every book they ever wanted in electronic form on their reader.

Device: Kobo Aura and Kobo Mini, had a Nook, NOOKcolor, Nook STR.
I had the same problem when trying to log into my account using my dads computer while away. I cleared everything and made sure cookies were enabled. I tried firefox (which is what I use at home) and EI. Seriously, WTF??? I don't have these problems at home.
Care is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2010, 09:11 PM   #10
KenJackson
Addict
KenJackson goes to infinity... and beyond!KenJackson goes to infinity... and beyond!KenJackson goes to infinity... and beyond!KenJackson goes to infinity... and beyond!KenJackson goes to infinity... and beyond!KenJackson goes to infinity... and beyond!KenJackson goes to infinity... and beyond!KenJackson goes to infinity... and beyond!KenJackson goes to infinity... and beyond!KenJackson goes to infinity... and beyond!KenJackson goes to infinity... and beyond!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steven Lake View Post
I know it may sound weird, but I actually have something like 5 different browsers on my machine. Sure, I do cloud development and need them for UI testing, but still, even if I didn't do that, it's still wise to have more than one browser on your machine. Especially if one of them should ever fail.
It's not weird. I whole-heartedly agree. Though I almost always use Firefox, I occasionally use Konqueror and have recently experimented with Opera again. My company uses some proprietary crap that requires IE, so I keep Windows in a VirtualBox so I can even run that one.

But I still can't log into GoodReads.com. I've reset my password twice, which seemed to work until I tried to use it to log in.

I've decided that GoodReads is bad.
Old 12-12-2010, 11:08 PM   #11
SeaBookGuy
Can one read too much?
SeaBookGuy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaBookGuy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaBookGuy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaBookGuy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaBookGuy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaBookGuy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaBookGuy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaBookGuy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaBookGuy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaBookGuy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaBookGuy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW 3, Sony 350 and 650
I just logged in using Firefox - everything was fine!
SeaBookGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2010, 09:50 AM   #12
SlowRain
Addict
SlowRain knows what is on the back of the AURYN.SlowRain knows what is on the back of the AURYN.SlowRain knows what is on the back of the AURYN.SlowRain knows what is on the back of the AURYN.SlowRain knows what is on the back of the AURYN.SlowRain knows what is on the back of the AURYN.SlowRain knows what is on the back of the AURYN.SlowRain knows what is on the back of the AURYN.SlowRain knows what is on the back of the AURYN.SlowRain knows what is on the back of the AURYN.SlowRain knows what is on the back of the AURYN.

Device: HTC 10, Asus Phonepad
I switched from using the website's login service to "Sign in with Google." It's working for me now.

Last edited by SlowRain; 12-13-2010 at 09:31 PM.
SlowRain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2011, 07:20 PM   #13
KenJackson
Addict

Suddenly I can log into goodreads again!

I went back to my upstairs computer, where I originally created the account and tried again--no problem. So I clicked sign out and went back to my laptop where I have never been able to log in before. Now I can log in from there with no problem either.

OK, it seems like you can only be logged in from one computer at a time. Strange that they would go out of their way to enforce that. But let's test. NO! That's not it. I can log in from both my upstairs PC and my laptop simultaneously now. No more problems.

A couple weeks ago when I was fighting this, I reset my password twice and cleared my cache and deleted cookies, yada yada, to no avail. Then I emailed them and got a response that they were working on this issue.

Well maybe they got it fixed, because I can log in again. Joy.
Old 01-01-2011, 09:32 PM   #14
SeaBookGuy
Can one read too much?
SeaBookGuy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaBookGuy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaBookGuy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaBookGuy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaBookGuy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaBookGuy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaBookGuy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaBookGuy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaBookGuy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaBookGuy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaBookGuy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW 3, Sony 350 and 650
I'm incredibly fond of the place -- I belong to a few forums (moderating one), and there's never been any disrespect all.
SeaBookGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2011, 11:59 PM   #15
Steven Lake
Sci-Fi Author
Steven Lake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PC (Calibre)
Quote:
Originally Posted by KenJackson View Post
It's not weird. I whole-heartedly agree. Though I almost always use Firefox, I occasionally use Konqueror and have recently experimented with Opera again. My company uses some proprietary crap that requires IE, so I keep Windows in a VirtualBox so I can even run that one.
Hey, I sense the presence of a fellow Linux user! WOOT!

Proud user of Linux Mint KDE.
Steven Lake is offline   Reply With Quote