Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > News

Notices

Old 12-11-2009, 07:11 AM   #16
kennyc
The Dank Side of the Moon
kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle2; Kindle Fire
Seems to be working here. I did have to reset my password. A couple of my books are listed as "unavaliable" but was able to download an epub and liberate it. My credit card info appears to be blank, so will need to be re-entered.
kennyc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2009, 07:21 AM   #17
Lemurion
eReader
Lemurion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lemurion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lemurion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lemurion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lemurion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lemurion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lemurion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lemurion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lemurion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lemurion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lemurion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Note 5; PW3; Nook HD+; ChuWi Hi12; iPad
So far the new store looks like the old store. (At least from the web interface.) The biggest difference I've seen is that they've dropped from 27 free books to 15, and I don't know if that's just because those books were lowest on the conversion priority list and haven't been done yet, or if they didn't get rights to give away epubs of all titles.

It is kind of interesting that Sony's moved from what I think was the last uncrackable format to one where the DRM has been broken.
Lemurion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2009, 07:42 AM   #18
kennyc
The Dank Side of the Moon
kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle2; Kindle Fire
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lemurion View Post

It is kind of interesting that Sony's moved from what I think was the last uncrackable format to one where the DRM has been broken.
Well, there's Topaz eh?

and the move is not about drm, but about compatibility -- which is a move in the right direction as Sony and B&N seem to have understood. Now if we can get rid of the silly drm all-together!
kennyc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2009, 07:49 AM   #19
EowynCarter
Wizard
EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Cybooks; Sony PRS-T1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lilly View Post
I had a chance to re-download 2 of my previous purchases and I was able to liberate both books with ineptepub!
That's good news, but until non US peaple are allowed to buy, well....

UK seam a special case, how does it work for UK peaple ?
EowynCarter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2009, 07:51 AM   #20
Slite
Icanhasdonuts?
Slite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Slite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Slite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Slite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Slite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Slite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Slite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Slite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Slite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Slite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Slite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura 2nd edition, Kobo Clara HD
Isn't that related to different publishing houses in the US and Europe?

As in, the US Sony Store can't sell books to Europeans because some other publishing house here in Europe holds the european rights to the same book?
Slite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2009, 08:08 AM   #21
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
10 of the 34 books I have are currently unavailable. I wonder if I was to contact Sony, would they refund the cost so I could buy other books instead.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2009, 08:17 AM   #22
joblack
Wizard
joblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Onyx Boox Tab X
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sweetpea View Post
So, can we non-US people now also buy there?
Actually I could buy ebooks for my PRS 500 with a German credit card before. No biggy.
joblack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2009, 09:14 AM   #23
Sweetpea
Grand Sorcerer
Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Inkpad 4 Color; Samsung Galaxy Tab S6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Slite View Post
Isn't that related to different publishing houses in the US and Europe?

As in, the US Sony Store can't sell books to Europeans because some other publishing house here in Europe holds the european rights to the same book?
No, I think it's mostly because they think nobody but the British read English...

(or some British house holds the European rights...)

Quote:
Originally Posted by joblack View Post
Actually I could buy ebooks for my PRS 500 with a German credit card before. No biggy.
How? I only know of the sony gift-card way...
Sweetpea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2009, 10:19 AM   #24
stustaff
Wizard
stustaff knows what time it isstustaff knows what time it isstustaff knows what time it isstustaff knows what time it isstustaff knows what time it isstustaff knows what time it isstustaff knows what time it isstustaff knows what time it isstustaff knows what time it isstustaff knows what time it isstustaff knows what time it is

Device: sony reader PRS505 and 600
So can i now put these books into the adobe software and then into a cool-ER?

or do i need to de-DRm first?
stustaff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2009, 10:46 AM   #25
joblack
Wizard
joblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Onyx Boox Tab X
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sweetpea View Post
No, I think it's mostly because they think nobody but the British read English...

(or some British house holds the European rights...)

How? I only know of the sony gift-card way...
I used the Sony Software to click-and-buy the ebooks. Perhaps I've set up my location land to Fiji Islands (good to save VATs) but I'm not sure.
joblack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2009, 11:31 AM   #26
Lemurion
eReader
Lemurion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lemurion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lemurion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lemurion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lemurion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lemurion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lemurion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lemurion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lemurion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lemurion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lemurion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Note 5; PW3; Nook HD+; ChuWi Hi12; iPad
Quote:
Originally Posted by stustaff View Post
So can i now put these books into the adobe software and then into a cool-ER?

or do i need to de-DRm first?
I don't know if the cool-ER supports Adobe DRM, but if it does and you have your cool-ER and the Sony Library set to the same Adobe ID you should be able to just drag and drop.
Lemurion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2009, 02:45 PM   #27
dickon25
Groupie
dickon25 has learned how to read e-booksdickon25 has learned how to read e-booksdickon25 has learned how to read e-booksdickon25 has learned how to read e-booksdickon25 has learned how to read e-booksdickon25 has learned how to read e-booksdickon25 has learned how to read e-books

Device: Sony PRS-505. Pocketbook Inkpad 840
I've just posted on another thread (didn't see this one - DOH!):

I'm in the UK, have a Sony bought in the USA 18mths ago and have been using giftcards to buy from the Sony store. I've just tried to access the new store via the old Sony software but it was bounced - frozen until I installed the new software. I did that, stating my country as USA but when it tried to access the store it just went into an endless loop and wouldn't load. I then went to Edit/Preferences and changed the country to UK. I was taken instantly to two options - Waterstones or W H Smith - neither of which I normally use because they are ridiculously expensive.
So, all my remaining credit with the Sony store is gone...stolen, in effect.

I am not a happy bunny.
dickon25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2009, 03:00 PM   #28
phenomshel
ZCD BombShel
phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad, STB Kindle Oasis
Quote:
Originally Posted by Donnageddon View Post
Arghhh! More python.. I have terrible luck with python scripts. <sigh> but I will try, thanks for the tip!

This one's so easy even I can do it!
phenomshel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2009, 03:50 PM   #29
Idoine
Which book will be next ?
Idoine knows what time it isIdoine knows what time it isIdoine knows what time it isIdoine knows what time it isIdoine knows what time it isIdoine knows what time it isIdoine knows what time it isIdoine knows what time it isIdoine knows what time it isIdoine knows what time it isIdoine knows what time it is

Device: Cybook Gen3 1.5, Sony PRS 600 RC, Samsung Omnia...
Quote:
Originally Posted by dickon25 View Post
I've just posted on another thread (didn't see this one - DOH!):

I'm in the UK, have a Sony bought in the USA 18mths ago and have been using giftcards to buy from the Sony store. I've just tried to access the new store via the old Sony software but it was bounced - frozen until I installed the new software. I did that, stating my country as USA but when it tried to access the store it just went into an endless loop and wouldn't load. I then went to Edit/Preferences and changed the country to UK. I was taken instantly to two options - Waterstones or W H Smith - neither of which I normally use because they are ridiculously expensive.
So, all my remaining credit with the Sony store is gone...stolen, in effect.

I am not a happy bunny.
Don't have any problem with a UI in french, and region US... Though the loading of the Store took a little time, with the steps through the re-register. After that, the browsing through pages is faster than before.
Idoine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2009, 03:57 PM   #30
SHOECHICK
Addict
SHOECHICK can extract oil from cheeseSHOECHICK can extract oil from cheeseSHOECHICK can extract oil from cheeseSHOECHICK can extract oil from cheeseSHOECHICK can extract oil from cheeseSHOECHICK can extract oil from cheeseSHOECHICK can extract oil from cheeseSHOECHICK can extract oil from cheese

Device: Red Sony 505 and Ipad
Can anyone tell me if your wishlists were still there when you downloaded the new software? Wondering if I should jot down some of the titles before I do anything, I have a pretty long list.

Tx
SHOECHICK is offline   Reply With Quote