Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Lounge

Notices

Old 07-03-2012, 09:16 PM   #11221
poohbear_nc
Now what?
poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Every Kindle Ever Made & To Be Made!
I filled the freezer with ice cube trays - with the dream/delusion that drinking everything on the rocks will make me feel cooler ....
poohbear_nc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2012, 01:49 AM   #11222
SneakySnake
I'm watching you!
SneakySnake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SneakySnake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SneakySnake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SneakySnake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SneakySnake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SneakySnake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SneakySnake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SneakySnake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SneakySnake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SneakySnake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SneakySnake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-900(unused lately) iPadAir2, want me Kindle Oasis
SneakySnake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2012, 09:28 AM   #11223
poohbear_nc
Now what?
poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Egad! Sneaky! You posted an aerial photo of my backyard!
Old 07-04-2012, 09:46 AM   #11224
astrangerhere
Professor of Law
astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Elipsa, Kobo Libra H20, Kobo Aura One, KoboMini
All was well in America...until the Fire Nation attacked. Seriously, we aren't in hell, but we can sure see it from here. Mid 80s right now, with 60% humidity and its not even 10am yet.
astrangerhere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2012, 12:22 PM   #11225
LucyLu
Bookaholic
LucyLu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LucyLu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LucyLu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LucyLu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LucyLu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LucyLu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LucyLu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LucyLu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LucyLu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LucyLu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LucyLu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Cybook Opus, PocketBook Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by Latinandgreek View Post
It is 30 degrees celsius IN THE HOUSE! And it is 8 p.m.! I'm sweating in the shade. This is ridiculous. I'm just across the Adriatic from LucyLu. Over here it is too hot to even go swimming before 6 p.m. - the sun is just too bright.
At least you can swim..for me is not possible. Last Sunday I had 35 C (95 F) in my house ....now we have a little truce but for the next week-end we are waiting for another anticyclone that has been called......Lucifer ........and this is not very promising....

Last edited by LucyLu; 07-04-2012 at 12:29 PM.
LucyLu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2012, 06:37 PM   #11226
SneakySnake
I'm watching you!
SneakySnake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SneakySnake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SneakySnake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SneakySnake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SneakySnake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SneakySnake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SneakySnake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SneakySnake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SneakySnake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SneakySnake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SneakySnake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

bloody freezing here! Must have got below 10°C this morning. Still we feel the cold because everything is set up for hot hot hot weather!
Old 07-05-2012, 11:38 AM   #11227
poohbear_nc
Now what?

Quote:
Originally Posted by SneakySnake View Post
bloody freezing here! Must have got below 10°C this morning. Still we feel the cold because everything is set up for hot hot hot weather!
Packing up some triple digit heat to send your way SS - we've got 4-5 more days of it here ...... sigh ....
Old 07-05-2012, 05:31 PM   #11228
pshrynk
Beepbeep n beebeep, yeah!
pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iThingie, KmkII, I miss Zelda!
We get two more days of 100 degrees and intolerable nights, then it will get all the way down to 86 with mid sixties at night. Open up the windows!
pshrynk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2012, 10:00 PM   #11229
bjones6416
↓↓ Skirt!! Earrings!!
bjones6416 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bjones6416 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bjones6416 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bjones6416 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bjones6416 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bjones6416 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bjones6416 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bjones6416 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bjones6416 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bjones6416 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bjones6416 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Acer netbook, JetBook Lite, Sony PRS-300, Kindle 2, Kindle Fire
Hot hot hot here, too. I had the day off from taking care of my mom, and although I badly needed to sleep, I spent the day this way. Almost as good as sleep!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG954813.jpg
Views:	79
Size:	120.2 KB
ID:	88758  
bjones6416 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2012, 05:47 AM   #11230
SneakySnake
I'm watching you!

Quote:
Originally Posted by poohbear_nc View Post
Packing up some triple digit heat to send your way SS - we've got 4-5 more days of it here ...... sigh ....
thanks. Could you arrange for it to arrive about 5am?
Old 07-06-2012, 08:10 AM   #11231
poohbear_nc
Now what?

*packing water wings to join Betty on the lake*

Sure Sneaky - we've got LOTS to spare - all the triple digit heat you can use!
Old 07-06-2012, 06:55 PM   #11232
SneakySnake
I'm watching you!

Thanks much warmer this morning.

I hope it took the edge off your heat.
Old 07-06-2012, 07:02 PM   #11233
kennyc
The Dank Side of the Moon
kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle2; Kindle Fire
Rain! We have Rain!
kennyc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2012, 08:03 PM   #11234
poohbear_nc
Now what?

First we had 100+ F heat.

Then the torrential rains with hail & cloud to ground lightning for 4 hours tonight. The temp has fallen to 75 F with 500% humidity.

Tomorrow - repeat above .....

Sunday ..... repeat above ....
Old 07-06-2012, 10:01 PM   #11235
bjones6416
↓↓ Skirt!! Earrings!!
bjones6416 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bjones6416 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bjones6416 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bjones6416 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bjones6416 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bjones6416 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bjones6416 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bjones6416 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bjones6416 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bjones6416 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bjones6416 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Acer netbook, JetBook Lite, Sony PRS-300, Kindle 2, Kindle Fire
I was driving this evening when suddenly conditions went from absolutely still to such wild wind that I could hardly keep the car on the road. The sun kept shining, no rain or storm threats -- just crazy, scary wind. Then it subsided, just as quickly as it came. When I got home, I turned to look back, and saw this.

Well, I guess that explains it. This Monster Cloud spit out a big chunk of wind, and I got caught in it!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Monstercloud.jpg
Views:	81
Size:	15.6 KB
ID:	88817  
bjones6416 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
clouds and lightning and, hugo and lefty