Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Lounge

Notices

Old 06-23-2013, 10:58 AM   #25396
poohbear_nc
Now what?
poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Every Kindle Ever Made & To Be Made!
Another belated happy birthday Shayne! I toast your milestone with a mug filled with ice & Pepsi One!
poohbear_nc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2013, 01:13 PM   #25397
VydorScope
Wizard
VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad
Happy Birthday, Shayne!

Diet Coke in me cup
VydorScope is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-23-2013, 02:40 PM   #25398
CRussel
(he/him/his)
CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Oasis (Gen3),Paperwhite (Gen10), Voyage, Paperwhite(orig), Fire HD 8
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stitchawl View Post
Happy Birthday, Shayne! And many more!
Indeed, birthdays are a good thing. Happy Birthday, Shayne.

Quote:
My friends gave me some teas today! A large tin of Ceylon which is pretty tasty, and a 'tea chest' with four different Ahmad teas! A nice surprise to tide me over until my boxes arrive!
Stitchawl
Lovely. Just the perfect gift to get you through till your "stuff" arrives.

Working today, so up early and settled in to the computer. Started with two steepings of Peet's Anniversary Breakfast Blend, but moving on to Lion Mountain Keemun now.
CRussel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2013, 03:52 PM   #25399
orlok
Close to the Edit!
orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis, Amazon Fire 8", Kindle 6"
Red wine while I play Remember Me and digest a Roast Chicken dinner (ssshhh!) .
orlok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2013, 03:53 PM   #25400
cromag
Surfin the alpha waves ~~
cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Jetbook Lite & Mini, Nook STR, Kobo, Hanvon N516, Kindle 2, Androids
Happy birthday, Shayne!

Tea is waiting for me in mug #2.
cromag is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-23-2013, 04:02 PM   #25401
Shayne Parkinson
Author
Shayne Parkinson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shayne Parkinson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shayne Parkinson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shayne Parkinson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shayne Parkinson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shayne Parkinson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shayne Parkinson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shayne Parkinson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shayne Parkinson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shayne Parkinson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shayne Parkinson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Samsung Galaxy Tab
Thanks for all the birthday wishes, everyone!

I'm currently enjoying a flat white (Australasian favourite: espresso with foamed milk).
Shayne Parkinson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2013, 04:59 PM   #25402
CRussel
(he/him/his)
CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Ah, finishing up the last of last night's wine -- a 1997 Staglin Family Cabernet Sauvignon. Which has aged very well indeed. Still lots of fruit, a bit of "Rutherford Dust", and a healthy acidity providing continuing structure along with the now mellow tannins. Not even middle aged yet.
Old 06-23-2013, 05:25 PM   #25403
poohbear_nc
Now what?
poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Every Kindle Ever Made & To Be Made!
Quote:
Originally Posted by orlok View Post
Red wine while I play Remember Me and digest a Roast Chicken dinner (ssshhh!) .
I heard that! The guilty cannot hide from finely tuned chicken ears!

Old Peculiar in my glass - with my cheeseburger!
poohbear_nc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2013, 07:43 PM   #25404
dreams
It's about the umbrella
dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony 505| K Fire | KK 3G+Wi-Fi | iPhone 3Gs |Vista 32-bit Hm Prem w/FF
Winding down the afternoon with some sweet tea and thinking about making some twice baked potatoes for dinner.
dreams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2013, 07:56 PM   #25405
cromag
Surfin the alpha waves ~~
cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Jetbook Lite & Mini, Nook STR, Kobo, Hanvon N516, Kindle 2, Androids
Mug o' tea number 4, to go along with a generic stir-fry for dinner.
cromag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2013, 07:59 PM   #25406
ProfCrash
Tea Enthusiast
ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle1, Kindle DX Graphite, K3 3G, IPad 3, PW2
Lucas is taking his bath. I am sitting with him posting. I am loving the fitbit I bought. It is an overpriced fitness tool but I love the tracking it does. Lucas and I went for a bunch of extra walks this weekend so I could get my steps in. Silly but motivating none the less.

Water in my glass. Once he is in bed, I am going to make some falafel for dinner.
ProfCrash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2013, 12:36 AM   #25407
CRussel
(he/him/his)

Chicken Biryani for dinner, with a new batch of Basmatti rice. Finally, I think we've found a good brand that is consistently available from Amazon. (There's no hope of finding it locally, they sell Basmatti in 500 gm boxes and it's awful. ) We've now managed to source five critical rice varieties from Amazon at high but acceptable prices. (Yeah, I'm fussy about rice. And yeah, I'm sure you're surprised. )

A Keith's IPA with dinner.
Old 06-24-2013, 06:14 AM   #25408
Stitchawl
Opsimath
Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-650, iPhone 5, Kobo Glo, Sony PRS-350, iPad, Samsung Galaxy
Quote:
Originally Posted by CRussel View Post
Chicken Biryani for dinner, with a new batch of Basmatti rice. Finally, I think we've found a good brand that is consistently available from Amazon. (There's no hope of finding it locally, they sell Basmatti in 500 gm boxes and it's awful. ) We've now managed to source five critical rice varieties from Amazon at high but acceptable prices. (Yeah, I'm fussy about rice. And yeah, I'm sure you're surprised. )
I'm not surprised. Before moving to Asia I was content to eat 'Minute Rice.' After a few years in Japan, I came to appreciate the differences between Koshihikari rice grown in Mie prefecture and Koshikari from Kumamoto. But wasn't until I moved to Thailand the first time that I really began to understand. Until recently, the only rice you could buy in Japan was short grain Japonica rice, though you have a wide choice of Japonica from different rice growing regions, and could buy it brown and have it milled while you waited. But, rice in Japan is unbelievably expensive. In Thailand, you can get ALL different kinds of rice, and it's cheap as dirt!

Now sitting back, watching the sun go down behind Doi Suthep mountain and drinking Ahmad's Darjeeling tea. I don't know how people drink this stuff...

Stitchawl
Stitchawl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2013, 07:20 AM   #25409
pdurrant
The Grand Mouse 高貴的老鼠
pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bilbo1967 View Post
How was the first day at your new job?
My first week was a mixture of interesting and frustrating. Some of the internal systems still don't know I'm an employee, so I can't access the mandatory training. This puts off what I assume will be a rather dull bit of starting work, which I'd rather get out of the way.

Anyway, here I am at the start of the second week, and I have been very busy - almost too busy to log into MobileRead, except for a few minutes. But I have found time at lunchtime today.

The commute has been going well. I haven't missed a train or bus yet. It will happen, of course, it's just a question of how often. Hopefully not very often at all!

So: Coke Zero in my cup!
pdurrant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2013, 07:31 AM   #25410
ProfCrash
Tea Enthusiast
ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle1, Kindle DX Graphite, K3 3G, IPad 3, PW2
Tea Farmers Green Puerh. Still a good tea but I let the first round over steep.

Looking forward to the gym this afternoon. BB had a rough night last night, woke up and struggled to settle down. Hopefully that is a rarity.
ProfCrash is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
languages, tea enthusiasts, what is in your cup?