Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Reading Recommendations

Notices

Old 12-10-2012, 02:20 PM   #31
Dorca
the Just
Dorca began at the beginning.

Device: kindle
I heartily recommned Twenty Years Of Balkan Tangle by M. E. Durham.

http://www.gutenberg.org/ebooks/19669

She travelled through Balkans every year for 20 years early in 20th century.
Dorca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2016, 12:13 AM   #32
chazz14
chazz14 began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Android App.
I have read this one 3 times, so I want to share it with you:

Jupiter's Travels by Ted Simon - a global journey by motorcycle.
Also the sequel Dreaming of Jupiter in which the author re-traces his steps...
chazz14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-20-2016, 12:41 AM   #33
ekbell
Guru
ekbell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ekbell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ekbell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ekbell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ekbell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ekbell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ekbell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ekbell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ekbell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ekbell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ekbell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by hidari View Post
Harry T. Here is an anthology of 18th Century travel writing I read a few years ago...and Now on a Kindle for only 3 quid or so... at Amazon...

http://www.amazon.com/Travel-Writing...hu-rd_add_1_dp
I'm reminded of a book I picked up today, _Canadian Exploration Literature: An Anthology (Voyageur Classics)_ edited by Germaine Warkentin.
ekbell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2016, 06:56 PM   #34
bshar489
Addict
bshar489 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bshar489 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bshar489 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bshar489 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bshar489 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bshar489 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bshar489 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bshar489 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bshar489 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bshar489 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bshar489 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage, Fire HD8
Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryT View Post
Thanks, Jerry and Mike; I'll try one of Theroux's books and see what I thinkc. Amazon seems to sell most, if not all, as ebooks.
I want to thank Jerry and Mike too I love travel books and had read all of Bill Bryson's books too and was looking for some other authors. Theroux's "Riding the Iron Rooster" was available at my library so I've started with that one and I'm enjoying it immensely. When I'm done with this I will check out his other books. Karma to you both

Bergette
bshar489 is offline   Reply With Quote