Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Which one should I buy?

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 03-26-2012, 12:10 AM   #1
Lindon
Lindon began at the beginning.

Device: Onyx Boox 60
WARNING WARNING WARNING

I'd just like to let people who are contemplating purchasing an Onyx Boox e-reader from Yale Zhang at Onyx Boox U.S.

DONT

After receiving a faulty Boox 60 last November I was initially advised to try several methods to reboot the unit which I had already tried unsuccessfully.
If that didnt work he promised a full refund.

I then sent many emails asking for information, each one getting angrier as
these were completely ignored for a long period of time.

Finally after threatening to mention my dealings with him on this web site a response came full of excuses and saying return the unit for a refund which I did.

I waited and waited. No refund no emails nothing.

I sent more emails to no avail.

In frustration I contacted Onyx Boox International asking for help.

I was immediately contacted by Sophia at Onyx Boox International.

She asked for all the correspondence between the two of us.

Yale still wouldn't contact me but through Sophia I found he would contact me within a week to organise a refund and if he didn't to let her know.

Two weeks pass and still no contact.

I let Sofia know, she contacts him again, finally several days later he contacts me.

So after nearly 5 months I have my refund minus 2 lots of postage (A$70).

Thanks to Sophia who sorted this out for me. All correspondence from her was immediate and positive.

This is in no way a reflection on Onyx Boox products just their agent in the U.S.

Sorry this post is so long winded but after 5 months its hard to get my ordeal across without explaining the whole process.

My advice is to avoid any dealings with this man.

I'd be interested to hear from others who have had similar dealings with Yale.
Old 03-29-2012, 12:30 PM   #2
Yar-PocketBooker
Fanatic
Yar-PocketBooker is kind to children and small, furry animalsYar-PocketBooker is kind to children and small, furry animalsYar-PocketBooker is kind to children and small, furry animalsYar-PocketBooker is kind to children and small, furry animalsYar-PocketBooker is kind to children and small, furry animalsYar-PocketBooker is kind to children and small, furry animalsYar-PocketBooker is kind to children and small, furry animalsYar-PocketBooker is kind to children and small, furry animalsYar-PocketBooker is kind to children and small, furry animalsYar-PocketBooker is kind to children and small, furry animalsYar-PocketBooker is kind to children and small, furry animals

Device: PocketBooks and Onyxes and anything E-Ink...
Yale is my partner and he is very reliable. I'm surprised about all what you wrote here, very much indeed.
Advert
Old 03-30-2012, 02:35 AM   #3
Lindon
Lindon began at the beginning.

Device: Onyx Boox 60
Then how do you explain 5 months to get my refund for a faulty ereader and then only when Onyx International stepped in.

Its also ironic that you responded so quickly to my online criticisum when it took weeks and months to get any response at all in the past.

Wouldn't be your trying to save your business would it.
Old 03-30-2012, 02:40 AM   #4
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
Lindon,

You're new around here. Yar has been an active member of this community for many years, and many of us (myself included) know from personal experience of doing business with him that he's a decent guy who always does what he says he will. Your attacks on him are well out of order. Cool it, please.

Thanks,
Old 03-30-2012, 06:13 AM   #5
FinancialWar
Banned
FinancialWar understands the Henderson-Hasselbalch Equation.FinancialWar understands the Henderson-Hasselbalch Equation.FinancialWar understands the Henderson-Hasselbalch Equation.FinancialWar understands the Henderson-Hasselbalch Equation.FinancialWar understands the Henderson-Hasselbalch Equation.FinancialWar understands the Henderson-Hasselbalch Equation.FinancialWar understands the Henderson-Hasselbalch Equation.FinancialWar understands the Henderson-Hasselbalch Equation.FinancialWar understands the Henderson-Hasselbalch Equation.FinancialWar understands the Henderson-Hasselbalch Equation.FinancialWar understands the Henderson-Hasselbalch Equation.

Device: Sony PRS350, Onyx M92, Onyx T68 (defective!)
Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryT View Post
Lindon,

You're new around here. Yar has been an active member of this community for many years, and many of us (myself included) know from personal experience of doing business with him that he's a decent guy who always does what he says he will. Your attacks on him are well out of order. Cool it, please.

Thanks,
true, no need to make second thread when you made one already in the Onyx forum.

btw what is Yale's username?
Advert
Old 03-30-2012, 10:26 AM   #6
Shopaholic
Cockatoo Mom!
Shopaholic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shopaholic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shopaholic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shopaholic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shopaholic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shopaholic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shopaholic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shopaholic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shopaholic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shopaholic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shopaholic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PW4, Kobo: A1, Clara, Libra 2, iPad Pro 11, iPad Mini
Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryT View Post
Lindon,

Thanks,

You might be interested in knowing that in his other thread he went & posted the sellers full name & home address.
Old 03-30-2012, 10:51 AM   #7
ignacio ferrer
Banned
ignacio ferrer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ignacio ferrer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ignacio ferrer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ignacio ferrer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ignacio ferrer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ignacio ferrer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ignacio ferrer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ignacio ferrer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ignacio ferrer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ignacio ferrer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ignacio ferrer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Onyx M92
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shopaholic View Post
You might be interested in knowing that in his other thread he went & posted the sellers full name & home address.

Not quite true: he posted the name and the shop address, the latter seems to be identical to the home address ...
Old 03-30-2012, 01:31 PM   #8
Dulin's Books
Wizard
Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Boox PB360 etc etc etc
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lindon View Post

Wouldn't be your trying to save your business would it.
completely unfair attack against Yaroslav. Yaroslav and I both have worked with Yale as he is the importer of Onyx devices that we use to be able to sell the devices in our own stores.

Yale has always dealt with us fairly and honestly and there is no call for you to attack either of us for stating such. Sorry for the experience you had, it is not the norm for Yale.

edit- Financial War, I don't know if Yale has ever had a User account here. His former partner Mike did at one time MikeOnyx but Mike has moved on to other endeavors so I dont know if messages to that account will still reach the Onyx USA importer

Last edited by Dulin's Books; 03-30-2012 at 01:41 PM.
Old 03-31-2012, 02:15 AM   #9
way8lifter
Enthusiast
way8lifter began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Fire
hmmm.. I am new here...but I don't understand why ANY of you would call it an attack when it took her 5 months to get a refund.??
If it were Amazon that took 5 months and many many emails ..you folk would be jumping on the hate Amazon bandwagon ....right ??????
Old 03-31-2012, 02:23 AM   #10
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
I have to say that 5 months to get a refund is excessive. But I also don't understand why a refund was offered instead of a replacement sent out.
Old 03-31-2012, 02:35 AM   #11
Dulin's Books
Wizard
Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Boox PB360 etc etc etc
Quote:
Originally Posted by way8lifter View Post
hmmm.. I am new here...but I don't understand why ANY of you would call it an attack
i didnt like the post against Yaroslav suggesting he is only speaking up to protecting something. Yaroslav is only speaking from his experiences with Yale. Nothing wrong with that and he doesn't deserve to have his character questioned like that.

Of course 5 months is too long. Yale should have moved more quickly to resolve the issue. Im not defending him for that. It just isnt how Yale has normally operated from my experience.
Old 04-03-2012, 11:25 PM   #12
WT Sharpe
Bah, humbug!
WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis, iPad Pro, & a Samsung Galaxy S9.
Thread closed. If you wish to continue this discussion, do so here.

Closed Thread