Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 01-10-2010, 07:45 PM   #1
Tiburon
Bookhound
Tiburon began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 2
File Structure Question

I am new to Calibre and I am trying to convert my old lit files to Mobi (happy new Kindle 2 owner here). When I do, Calibre automatically assigns a number to the book title file. The number appears sequential based on the order the book was converted so the files on my computer look like:

Calibre Library
>Alexandre Dumas
>>The Count of Monte Cristo (18)

I find the numbers extremely annoying especially since I have dozens and dozens of books to convert. Is there a way to eliminate these through Calibre? Perhaps in the settings? I tried it manually deleting the numbers, but then the program could not see the files.

In case it makes a difference I am using the MAC version 0.6.32

Any help would be great.

Thanks
Tiburon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2010, 08:08 PM   #2
user_none
Sigil & calibre developer
user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook STR
Do not touch any of the files in your calibre library directory. Those numbers are important. Every time you add a book to calibre it is given an id. This id is to avoid conflicts and track unique books. Treat the library directory as a black box. If you need to get a book out of it use the Send to device or Save to disk buttons.
user_none is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-11-2010, 09:21 PM   #3
Tiburon
Bookhound
Tiburon began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 2
Thanks,

I be sure not to touch the files.
Tiburon is offline   Reply With Quote