Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 03-12-2009, 06:02 PM   #1
jmlaabes
jmlaabes began at the beginning.

Device: kindle
Restoring original Kindle 1 Screensavers...

I am in need of some help. I had downloaded some other screensavers in my kindle. I have followed the instructions in deleting them. I do not see the folders when I connect via USB nor do I see the folder in my kindle.

Now I cannot get the original screensavers back no matter what I do. My pics are still there and I no longer want them there. Is there anyone else that has had this problem or know of a trick to get the old fashioned screensavers back. I am desperate.......

jmlaabes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2009, 06:09 PM   #2
daffy4u
I'm Super Kindle-icious
daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: KDXG, KT, Oasis
You can find the restore instructions here.
daffy4u is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-12-2009, 06:25 PM   #3
jmlaabes
jmlaabes began at the beginning.

Device: kindle
Thanks for this, but I tried this already and deleted the folders. However, my pics are still there when I put my kindle to 'sleep'. I still cannot view my other original screensavers.
It states that after one last time my pics will disappear but I have been at this since last week and nothing.
jmlaabes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2009, 11:36 PM   #4
sirbruce
Provocateur
sirbruce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirbruce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirbruce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirbruce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirbruce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirbruce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirbruce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirbruce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirbruce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirbruce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirbruce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Touch, Kindle 2, Kindle DX, iPhone 3GS
Try rebooting your Kindle?

Are you sure you deleted everything in screen_saver? You may have hidden files. Might be easier to delete the directory itself, then recreate a new one with the same name.
sirbruce is offline   Reply With Quote