Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 09-17-2012, 11:06 AM   #1
geniusliu26
geniusliu26 began at the beginning.

Device: kindle3 wifi
what are U004 U006 U007

i wanna update my kindle3 3.2.1 to 3.3, at the stage 1 of 2 it shows U006
and i want to install jailbreak 0.11 it says U004, uninstall a jailbreak U007
i havent use it for long period of time and forgot what i have installed in it
what are these U00X mean
geniusliu26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2012, 11:53 AM   #2
NiLuJe
BLAM!
NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 2i, 3g, 4, 5w, PW, PW2, PW5; Kobo H2O, Forma, Elipsa, Sage, C2E
@geniusliu26:

U006: General failure (for official updates, generally a checksum error)
U004: No bundlefile (in the JB context, you used the wrong file for your FW version)
U007: Signature verification failure (JB is not installed)

You're gonna need to remember what you installed to 'fix' the official update. Checking the logs might help (;debugOn => ;dumpMessages => ;debugOff in the Home search bar).
NiLuJe is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-17-2012, 08:05 PM   #3
kakapo
The Night Parrot
kakapo can fool all of the people all of the time.kakapo can fool all of the people all of the time.kakapo can fool all of the people all of the time.kakapo can fool all of the people all of the time.kakapo can fool all of the people all of the time.kakapo can fool all of the people all of the time.kakapo can fool all of the people all of the time.kakapo can fool all of the people all of the time.kakapo can fool all of the people all of the time.kakapo can fool all of the people all of the time.kakapo can fool all of the people all of the time.

Device: Palm Vx, Kindle Keyboard (wifi)
I was in the same situation, i had uninstalled the jailbreak and usbNetwork updates but was still getting the U007 when updating my Kindle 3 from 3.2.1 to 3.3. After many tries of redownloading the update on different machines, i did a "Reset to Factory Defaults" and the the update installed. Maybe it was my having a custom developer.keystore installed? Or something went wrong in the uninstall process?
kakapo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2012, 08:39 PM   #4
NiLuJe
BLAM!
NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

@kakapo: Nope, U007 on an official update probably means you had a broken jailbreak half-installed (it was fixed a great while ago in my case [which is why I always recommend to use the uninstaller from the latest version], but Yifan's uninstaller might not be).

A simple reboot would have had the same effect.

Last edited by NiLuJe; 09-17-2012 at 08:54 PM.
Old 09-17-2012, 10:20 PM   #5
kakapo
The Night Parrot
kakapo can fool all of the people all of the time.kakapo can fool all of the people all of the time.kakapo can fool all of the people all of the time.kakapo can fool all of the people all of the time.kakapo can fool all of the people all of the time.kakapo can fool all of the people all of the time.kakapo can fool all of the people all of the time.kakapo can fool all of the people all of the time.kakapo can fool all of the people all of the time.kakapo can fool all of the people all of the time.kakapo can fool all of the people all of the time.

Device: Palm Vx, Kindle Keyboard (wifi)
It was Yifan's jailbreak, version 0.5.1 installed and the same version of the uninstaller. Would i have needed to do an additional reboot after the uninstaller update? Is the reboot that the Kindle does after running an update not enough?

Anyways, it wasn't too much hassle to put all the books back after the reset (i'd backed them up first) and the jailbreak (NiLuJe's lastest) and usbNetworking went back on fine in the new version 3.4 OS.
kakapo is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-17-2012, 11:53 PM   #6
NiLuJe
BLAM!

@kakapo: Nope, the 'reboot' the update process does isn't enough in this specific case. A full reboot clears things up, though .
Old 09-18-2012, 07:48 AM   #7
twobob
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°){ʇlnɐɟ ƃǝs}Tır
twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: uti gratia usura (Yao ying da ying; Mo ying da yieng)
Device: PW-WIFI|K5-3G+WIFI| K4|K3-3G|DXG|K2| Rooted Nook Touch
Is it only me who thinks the Settings Menu "reboot options" could do with an extra entry

"Really Reboot!" which links to a shutdown -r now?

Is that a dumb idea? probably
twobob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2012, 09:12 AM   #8
knc1
Going Viral
knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: No K1, PW2, KV, KOA
On a K3, that is in a system shell script.
Easy to change, but changing a system file might make the next OTA update that references it fail.
Maybe only for K3 - v3.4? The K3 is probably at EOL and not much chance of another OTA update coming down the pike.
knc1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2012, 09:21 AM   #9
twobob
twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

spelunking

Quote:
Originally Posted by knc1 View Post
On a K3, that is in a system shell script.
Easy to change, but changing a system file might make the next OTA update that references it fail.
Maybe only for K3 - v3.4? The K3 is probably at EOL and not much chance of another OTA update coming down the pike.

My thoughts exactly. I'll go spelunking then when I have the current fiddlings complete. thanks KNC1!
Old 09-18-2012, 09:27 AM   #10
knc1
Going Viral
knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Start here:
Code:
core2quad tiki $ ls -l /mnt/k321/test/diags/factory
total 344
-rw-r--r--  1 root root  17194 2011-04-06 16:43 diags_version
-rw-r--r--  1 root root   5569 2011-04-06 16:43 environment.nell
-rw-r--r--  1 root root   5539 2011-04-06 16:43 environment.nellww
-rw-r--r--  1 root root   7215 2011-04-06 16:43 environment.shasta
-rw-r--r--  1 root root   5493 2011-04-06 16:43 environment.turing
-rw-r--r--  1 root root   5553 2011-04-06 16:43 environment.turingww
-rw-r--r--  1 root root  11167 2011-04-06 16:43 environment.vars
-rw-r--r--  1 root root   7126 2011-04-06 16:43 environment.wfo
-rw-r--r--  1 root root  38239 2011-04-06 16:43 functions
-rw-r--r--  1 root root 176520 2011-05-23 14:44 rootfs_md5_list
-rwxr-xr-x  1 root root  70272 2011-04-06 16:43 system_diags.sh
drwxr-xr-x 19 root root    286 2011-04-06 19:01 tests
drwxr-xr-x  2 root root    219 2011-04-06 19:15 tools
where the /mnt/k321 part of the path happens to be my local mount point.

"shasta" is the K3
I am pretty sure the touring is the DX
Never read the others to see which models they where about.

Hey - -
Maybe we get some practice with our (your) build of bsdiff and bspatch.
Plus the update_*_.bin packer and we can be just like Amazon.
Only we can also generate a "downdate * .bin" for people who need to revert the change.

Last edited by knc1; 09-18-2012 at 09:35 AM.
Old 09-18-2012, 09:54 AM   #11
twobob

Yep. all the little bits of work are starting to "stitch together", the seemingly endless tasks are indeed starting to have likely ends.

Jeebers.

Right I'll get this updater built for Ihor then and then go diving.
Old 09-18-2012, 12:26 PM   #12
NiLuJe
BLAM!

@twobob: Err, that *is* actually what the 'Restart' link does on a K3 (shutdown -r now). What doesn't actually reboot is the update process (it just switches init level).

Last edited by NiLuJe; 09-18-2012 at 03:14 PM.
Old 09-18-2012, 01:16 PM   #13
twobob

okay... Then: "That" then. I want "that" on a button

although to be honest - (like some of the devs on here today perhaps?) - I appear to have accomplished very little on this day.

This is officially labelled "mañana" therefore
thanks for the heads up before I wasted my time
Old 09-18-2012, 03:31 PM   #14
knc1
Going Viral

Quote:
Originally Posted by twobob View Post
although to be honest - (like some of the devs on here today perhaps?) - I appear to have accomplished very little on this day.
I have the same feeling, other than creating the perfect end-user manual (all blank pages) which end-users will never read, I haven't gotten much done today.
Old 09-18-2012, 05:43 PM   #15
twobob

Actually - it's not all blank
I went and checked earlier.

Quote:
Well, congratulations, you found the button before I completed the content.
heh. made me laugh.