Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Reading Recommendations

Notices

Old 04-15-2009, 04:13 AM   #31
Stitchawl
Opsimath
Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-650, iPhone 5, Kobo Glo, Sony PRS-350, iPad, Samsung Galaxy
James Lee Burke's last two 'Dave Robicheaux' novels have just blown me right out of my socks. His descriptions of New Orleans during the flood were as graphic as being there (although that particular story wasn't his best plot,) and the best descriptive writing I have ever seen done on that subject. Without a doubt one of his best plots was written in his latest work!

Stitchawl
Stitchawl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2009, 05:28 AM   #32
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
Only 8 out of the 17 Rebus books are available as eBooks.
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2009, 07:52 AM   #33
Stitchawl
Opsimath
Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-650, iPhone 5, Kobo Glo, Sony PRS-350, iPad, Samsung Galaxy
Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryT View Post
Harry, they are all out there, but they are pirated.
I've seen them on several different sites.

Stitchawl
Stitchawl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2009, 08:44 AM   #34
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

I was referring to legally available .
Old 04-15-2009, 11:04 AM   #35
wayspooled
Crab In The Dark
wayspooled ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wayspooled ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wayspooled ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wayspooled ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wayspooled ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wayspooled ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wayspooled ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wayspooled ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wayspooled ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wayspooled ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wayspooled ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Tablet PC until a 10" comes out that I like
Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryT View Post
Ah, I see. It listed 27 books for him. I didn't go through them one by one. I didn't realize they ticked the counter 1 for each format available. I figured the Rebus series less than 27 books and the bulk of his catalog... Looks like just the last 8 of the series.

Last edited by wayspooled; 04-15-2009 at 11:08 AM.
wayspooled is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2009, 12:27 PM   #36
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
David Baldacci - Camel Club series
Agatha Christie - Any and all
Jeffery Deaver - Lincoln Rhyme series
Linda Fairstein - Alex Cooper series
Tess Gerritsen - Jane Rizzoli and Maura Isles series plus anything else in eBook form
Faye Kellerman - Peter Decker and Rina Lazarus series
Jonathan Kellerman - Alex Delaware series
Robert B. Parker - Spencer series
Kathy Reichs - Temperance Brennan series

That list should keep your mother going big time with some really good reading.
I'm just checking Amazon.com for Kindle editions.

David Baldacci - Camel Club series (all available)
Agatha Christie - Any and all (most available)
Jeffery Deaver - Lincoln Rhyme series (all available)
Linda Fairstein - Alex Cooper series (all available)
Tess Gerritsen - Jane Rizzoli and Maura Isles series plus anything else in eBook form (all in the series and a few others)
Faye Kellerman - Peter Decker and Rina Lazarus series (all available)
Jonathan Kellerman - Alex Delaware series (9 of 23 starting with #4)
Robert B. Parker - Spencer series (some, but not the first 3)
Kathy Reichs - Temperance Brennan series (all available)

So from my list, you can leave out Jonathan Kellerman and Robert B. Parker since there are not enough eBooks available.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2009, 12:43 PM   #37
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast

About 50-ish out of Agatha Christie's 80-ish books are available as eBooks, including all but one ("Hickory Dickory Dock") of the 33 "Hercule Poirot" books, and again all but one ("A Pocket Full of Rye") of the 13 "Miss Marple" books.
Old 04-15-2009, 11:13 PM   #38
acprinter
Groupie
acprinter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.acprinter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.acprinter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.acprinter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.acprinter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.acprinter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.acprinter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.acprinter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.acprinter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.acprinter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.acprinter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Paperwhite 11th generation
P.D. James is my favorite author for detective/murder mysteries and Agatha Christie is also a favorite.
acprinter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2009, 08:47 PM   #39
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

TallMomof2 ... what did you finally end up putting on your K1?
Old 05-05-2009, 10:49 AM   #40
TallMomof2
Kindlephilia
TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Too many to count
I ended up with a wide variety of titles (I knew all that micropay credit would come in handy.)

Elizabeth Peters (Amelia Peabody, Vicky Bliss and other titles)
David Baldacci
Michael Connelly (Harry Bosch)
Charlaine Harris (maybe she'd like some vampire novels for a change of pace)
Sue Grafton
Nevada Barr
Allison Brennan
Patricia Cornwell
Cleo Coyle (Coffeehouse)
James Patterson
Kathy Reichs (I'll probably read these myself, they look like something I'd read)
J.D. Robb

I wasn't too sure about Agatha Christie, they read a lot different from what my Mom seems to like but I threw in the PD books.

Thanks for all of your input, I'm sure my Mom will thoroughly enjoy her Mother's Day present. Now I need to get everything packed up and shipped.
TallMomof2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2009, 12:37 PM   #41
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon

Well done.. Nice variety. I am sure she well really enjoy reading them.
Old 05-11-2009, 10:46 AM   #42
TallMomof2
Kindlephilia
TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Too many to count
My Mom was absolutely thrilled with the K1 loaded with all the titles. She just hopes she lives long enough to read them all!

BTW, I saw the Star Trek movie yesterday and thoroughly enjoyed it. My 15yo DS, not so much, he's a Star Wars fan(atic).
TallMomof2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2009, 10:51 AM   #43
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon

The problem I find with Star Wars is that it's too much the same thing. Star Trek can be different and the new movie shows this. Plus, I think the books for Star Trek have been quite good.

Glad mom is happy. Good choice of books for her. I'm thinking that if there is a larger screen Sony out that I want and I get, I'd give my 505 to either my mother or mother-in-law.

Last edited by JSWolf; 05-11-2009 at 10:54 AM.

Tags
mystery