Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 04-03-2013, 06:32 AM   #16
dos1
20% cooler.
dos1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dos1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dos1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dos1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dos1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dos1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dos1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dos1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dos1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dos1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dos1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 1
Do the screenshot - tap bottom left and top right corners at the same time IIRC
dos1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2013, 06:42 AM   #17
flying
flying began at the beginning.

Device: kindle paper white
Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by dos1 View Post
Do the screenshot - tap bottom left and top right corners at the same time IIRC
It works! Thanks! I didn't know that function.
flying is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2013, 06:56 AM   #18
twobob
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°){ʇlnɐɟ ƃǝs}Týr
twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: uti gratia usura (Yao ying da ying; Mo ying da yieng)
Device: PW-WIFI|K5-3G+WIFI| K4|K3-3G|DXG|K2| Rooted Nook Touch
hmm... good question.

Let me see if there is a shortcut for grabbing a screenie. I do all mine via vnc.

EDIT: Ah yeah That one...
twobob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2013, 03:34 PM   #19
kindleBunny
Bunny
kindleBunny ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindleBunny ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindleBunny ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindleBunny ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindleBunny ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindleBunny ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindleBunny ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindleBunny ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindleBunny ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindleBunny ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindleBunny ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW2 Wifi
Great app. I still haven't figured out how to exit the app (except pressing the on/off button).
kindleBunny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2013, 04:04 PM   #20
twobob
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°){ʇlnɐɟ ƃǝs}Týr
twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: uti gratia usura (Yao ying da ying; Mo ying da yieng)
Device: PW-WIFI|K5-3G+WIFI| K4|K3-3G|DXG|K2| Rooted Nook Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by kindleBunny View Post
Great app. I still haven't figured out how to exit the app (except pressing the on/off button).
Yep it monitors via dbus the power button state. So that is the right way...

On devices such as the paperwhite a lack of buttons really leaves little options
twobob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2013, 04:06 PM   #21
kindleBunny
Bunny
kindleBunny ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindleBunny ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindleBunny ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindleBunny ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindleBunny ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindleBunny ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindleBunny ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindleBunny ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindleBunny ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindleBunny ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindleBunny ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW2 Wifi
Quote:
Originally Posted by twobob View Post
Yep it monitors via dbus the power button state. So that is the right way...

On devices such as the paperwhite a lack of buttons really leaves little options
Thank you
kindleBunny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2014, 10:08 PM   #22
CaptainD
CaptainD began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite
Thank you for cool app, guys. A couple of questions:

I've tapped corners to make a screenshot, but it's always clears screen before save it. So I've got a clean white image. What did I do wrong?

Can I use the app to open and edit existing file?
CaptainD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2014, 01:44 AM   #23
brianinmaine
Evangelist
brianinmaine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.brianinmaine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.brianinmaine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.brianinmaine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.brianinmaine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.brianinmaine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.brianinmaine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.brianinmaine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.brianinmaine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.brianinmaine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.brianinmaine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Touch (5.3.7)
I believe it is just a little test app for the display. It is fun to play with a bit - I never did save any, and you can't edit them with this app either. There is a simple KUAL extension for this somewhere on here...
brianinmaine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2015, 11:32 PM   #24
mmamaster101
mmamaster101 began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Touch
Question???

I looked at the Native Drawing app page for Kindle Touch, and I had some (newbie) questions. OK, so I jailbroke my Kindle, and then I put KUAL onto it. After that, I downloaded the drawing app zip file and put it into extensions. When I went onto my kindle, I went to the KUAL app, opened it, and clicked on the Draw app, but nothing happened. It just sent me back to my home screen. Any help or suggestions?
mmamaster101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2015, 07:58 AM   #25
knc1
Going Viral
knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: No K1, PW2, KV, KOA
Which device?
Use this table and the first few characters of the device's serial number:
https://wiki.mobileread.com/wiki/Kindle_Serial_Numbers

What firmware version?
You can find that in the device info portion of the settings panel.
Most likely, on the drop-down menu when in the settings panel.
knc1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2015, 03:46 PM   #26
mmamaster101

Device is Kindle Touch Wifi.

Firmware version is Kindle 5.3.7.3
Old 10-17-2015, 04:26 PM   #27
knc1
Going Viral
knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: No K1, PW2, KV, KOA
Quote:
Originally Posted by mmamaster101 View Post
Device is Kindle Touch Wifi.

Firmware version is Kindle 5.3.7.3
It should "just work".

You mentioned that you put the *.zip file on the kindle.
But you didn't mention where or if you opened it up and put the "contents" of the zip file on the kindle.

Also check which version of KUAL you have installed.
I seem to recall there are slight differences in how the versions search for menu extensions.

I.E: Just because KUAL can find the menu extension for 'draw' does not mean the application can be run from where it is at.
(KUAL can even find mis-placed menu extensions, but the extensions can't run mis-placed applications)
knc1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2015, 07:58 PM   #28
mmamaster101

OMG THANK YOU! I've been trying to do this for months without success.

Instead of putting all of the contents of the draw.zip in my extensions folder, I just put the draw folder in the extensions folder.

Once again, thanks.

Tags
drawing, launcher add-ons, pw tools