Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 10-23-2008, 07:08 AM   #1
jedavis1
Zealot
jedavis1 doesn't litterjedavis1 doesn't litter

Device: Sony PRS-505
Calibre and AVG 8.0

I have all the sudden started getting messages that parts of calibre installer, specifically calibre.exe, lrfviewer.exe and ebook-viewer.exe all are infected with a "Potentially harmful" logger.fny? Anyone else getting this?

I would think that I have a virus, but whenever I try to install any version, AVG pops up and says that those three files are infected. I love Calibre, but I need to know if anyone else is getting this?

Thanks.
jedavis1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2008, 07:27 AM   #2
Bev
Bev will become famous soon enoughBev will become famous soon enoughBev will become famous soon enoughBev will become famous soon enoughBev will become famous soon enoughBev will become famous soon enough

Device: sony
Ditto

I thought I'd do a clean install of the latest version of Calibre this morning and I'm getting the same AVG message. I've never had it with earlier versions.

Bev
Bev is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2008, 07:36 AM   #3
jedavis1
Zealot
jedavis1 doesn't litterjedavis1 doesn't litter

Device: Sony PRS-505
I just did a manual update, and it let me install. I scanned the directory after the installation and it came back clean. I hope it was a false positive and the update fixed it.
jedavis1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2008, 11:11 AM   #4
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
Definitely a false positive.
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote