Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Feedback

Notices

Old 07-10-2012, 04:16 PM   #1
CWatkinsNash
IOC Chief Archivist
CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Meebook M7, Paperwhite 2021, Fire HD 8+, Fire HD 10+, Lenovo Tab P12
Remove deleted group from my control panel?

So back in 2011, I was a member of the 100 Books in 2011 member group. I was subscribed to updates, so it showed up in the group section of my user CP. The group was deleted once the year was over, but it's still listed in my CP and I can't see any way to get rid of it.

Not sure why it took all this time for it to start bugging me, but it is, so please help me make it go away!

CWatkinsNash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2012, 04:25 PM   #2
jgaiser
Omnivorous
jgaiser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgaiser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgaiser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgaiser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgaiser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgaiser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgaiser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgaiser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgaiser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgaiser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgaiser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage, Kindle Fire HD, Kindle 3, KPW1
Click on group icon. On upper left side is a "Leave Group" link (or words like that). Click and your gone.
jgaiser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2012, 04:37 PM   #3
CWatkinsNash
IOC Chief Archivist
CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jgaiser View Post
Click on group icon. On upper left side is a "Leave Group" link (or words like that). Click and your gone.
Nope, though maybe it normally works that way, but not for me. I tried that before, and the group is still there after doing that, and when I visit the group, the link now says "join group". No other options.

If I try to join again, it just tells me that the group has been deleted and cannot be joined (or something like that), so I can't try re-joining and then leaving again.
Old 07-10-2012, 06:52 PM   #4
jgaiser
Omnivorous
jgaiser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgaiser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgaiser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgaiser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgaiser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgaiser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgaiser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgaiser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgaiser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgaiser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgaiser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage, Kindle Fire HD, Kindle 3, KPW1
Have you cleared your cache and reloaded your control panel? I hadn't yet left the group either and clicking the link worked just fine.
jgaiser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2012, 07:05 PM   #5
CWatkinsNash
IOC Chief Archivist

Yep, tried that several times. I actually noticed it, and tried to get rid of it, a while ago, but it just now started bothering me enough to post for a possible solution.
Old 11-11-2012, 09:33 AM   #6
charmstr
charmstr began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle
I've got the same problem as OP. Has there been a solution? I assume not, since the last post has been left hanging for four months. Still, I would really like to know how to get rid of this.
charmstr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2012, 12:38 PM   #7
CWatkinsNash
IOC Chief Archivist

Quote:
Originally Posted by charmstr View Post
I've got the same problem as OP. Has there been a solution? I assume not, since the last post has been left hanging for four months. Still, I would really like to know how to get rid of this.
I pretty much gave up and accepted that I'll be seeing the old group on my CP for the rest of my days. But maybe now that I'm not the only one, someone will find a way to get rid of it.
Old 11-11-2012, 05:18 PM   #8
sparklemotion
dangerous when cornered
sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo H2O, Kindle Paperwhite
Sounds like the only way might be to pm the person who maintains the group or a mod and ask them to delete the group? Good luck. That kind of thing always bugs me too.
sparklemotion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2012, 07:17 PM   #9
CWatkinsNash
IOC Chief Archivist

Quote:
Originally Posted by sparklemotion View Post
Sounds like the only way might be to pm the person who maintains the group or a mod and ask them to delete the group? Good luck. That kind of thing always bugs me too.
That's part of the problem - the group was already deleted, a long time ago.
Old 11-11-2012, 07:27 PM   #10
poohbear_nc
Now what?
poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Every Kindle Ever Made & To Be Made!
User CP > Social Groups (under the Networking header) > click on the Group name to display the members > Leave Group on the lower blue bar.
poohbear_nc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2012, 07:40 PM   #11
CWatkinsNash
IOC Chief Archivist

Quote:
Originally Posted by poohbear_nc View Post
User CP > Social Groups (under the Networking header) > click on the Group name to display the members > Leave Group on the lower blue bar.
I did it! But not that way - I wasn't actually a member any longer. But last time, it wouldn't show up in group subscriptions to un-subscribe and wouldn't let me re-join. This time I was able to re-join, then it showed in group subscriptions so I could unsubscribe, then leave the group again. Finally!!!
Old 11-12-2012, 06:16 PM   #12
sparklemotion
dangerous when cornered
sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo H2O, Kindle Paperwhite
Quote:
Originally Posted by CWatkinsNash View Post
That's part of the problem - the group was already deleted, a long time ago.
Oh right, right, I see. Glad you got it sorted now!
sparklemotion is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
control panel, groups