Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > General Discussions

Notices

Old 09-06-2012, 04:14 AM   #1381
pdurrant
The Grand Mouse 高貴的老鼠
pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage
Quote:
Originally Posted by CRussel View Post
But saving up my Audible credits and then spending those saved credits? That I'm good with.
It's a subscription. Fair enough.
pdurrant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2012, 05:24 AM   #1382
leora
leora began at the beginning.

Device: none
Guys I think the idea behind ebooks purchase is to read them, enjoy them and get inspired by ideas, experiences and the beauty authors have to offer. Also a great fiction story that touches my soul is something I look forward in every buying. I think authors who offer such a wonderful journey and insight are not many and it is their books I am seeking out. Could any of you make any such suggestion?
leora is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2012, 05:33 AM   #1383
pdurrant
The Grand Mouse 高貴的老鼠
pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by leora View Post
Guys I think the idea behind ebooks purchase is to read them, enjoy them and get inspired by ideas, experiences and the beauty authors have to offer. Also a great fiction story that touches my soul is something I look forward in every buying. I think authors who offer such a wonderful journey and insight are not many and it is their books I am seeking out. Could any of you make any such suggestion?
I think you might have better luck in the Reading Recommendations forum. Just start a new thread there.

This thread is for people who have already bought lots of wonderful ebooks, and need help to stop buying more ebooks while they read the ones they have.
Old 09-06-2012, 11:54 AM   #1384
Avalona
Enthusiast
Avalona ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Avalona ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Avalona ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Avalona ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Avalona ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Avalona ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Avalona ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Avalona ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Avalona ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Avalona ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Avalona ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara HD, Kindle Fire 8 (2020)
Since the last time I posted, I haven't bought a single ebook! (Even though I do have an awful lot of credits at BooksOnBoard which I should probably use soon.)

Can't quite say the same for paper books, but still. No new books added to my ereader (with the exception of the two elibrary books).
Avalona is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2012, 12:13 PM   #1385
ScotiaBurrell
Banned
ScotiaBurrell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ScotiaBurrell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ScotiaBurrell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ScotiaBurrell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ScotiaBurrell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ScotiaBurrell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ScotiaBurrell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ScotiaBurrell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ScotiaBurrell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ScotiaBurrell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ScotiaBurrell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle & little green monster
Now I am collecting audiobooks. No time to enjoy 'em!
ScotiaBurrell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2012, 12:24 PM   #1386
ScotiaBurrell
Banned
ScotiaBurrell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ScotiaBurrell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ScotiaBurrell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ScotiaBurrell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ScotiaBurrell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ScotiaBurrell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ScotiaBurrell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ScotiaBurrell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ScotiaBurrell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ScotiaBurrell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ScotiaBurrell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle & little green monster
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quake1028 View Post
September
No Easy Day - $12.99 (Released Today)
I wish you hadn't posted that. I was trying to wait for the library to get it in, but it is below my DO NOT BUY limit, so now I am tempted.
ScotiaBurrell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2012, 03:01 PM   #1387
Wald07
Audiophile
Wald07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wald07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wald07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wald07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wald07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wald07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wald07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wald07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wald07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wald07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wald07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexux7 2nd Gen & Kobo Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by leora View Post
I think authors who offer such a wonderful journey and insight are not many and it is their books I am seeking out. Could any of you make any such suggestion?
This would be like bringing cheesecake to the weight watchers meeting!
Or worse, a bottle of hooch to A.A...
Wald07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2012, 10:49 PM   #1388
Sydney's Mom
Wizard
Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis, Fire 3d Gen and 5th Gen and Samsung Tab S
But they will be $9.99 for a limited (2 years) time!
Sydney's Mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2012, 08:39 AM   #1389
Quake1028
Guru
Quake1028 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quake1028 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quake1028 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quake1028 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quake1028 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quake1028 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quake1028 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quake1028 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quake1028 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quake1028 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quake1028 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: See signature
And with the pre-order of a Paperwhite and a cover, I think I must be banished from this thread.
Quake1028 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2012, 05:37 PM   #1390
pdurrant
The Grand Mouse 高貴的老鼠

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quake1028 View Post
And with the pre-order of a Paperwhite and a cover, I think I must be banished from this thread.
Ebook buying, not ebook reader buying. You're still welcome here.
Old 09-07-2012, 06:39 PM   #1391
badgoodDeb
Grand Sorcerer
badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Palms, K1-4s, iPads, iPhones, KV, KO1
And besides, in therapy, you can get forgiveness for backsliding!
badgoodDeb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2012, 08:16 PM   #1392
aquabel
Book Lover
aquabel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aquabel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aquabel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aquabel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aquabel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aquabel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aquabel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aquabel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aquabel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aquabel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aquabel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-650
This thread is a perfect thread for me. I'm definitely addicted, I can't help myself! Amazon especially gets me, with books for $.99, $1.99, $2.99...I'm doomed! lol Currently I have over 400 ebooks on my reader, plus about 150 paper books, all waiting to be read. I can't read that fast!! What to do?!?!?
aquabel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2012, 11:54 AM   #1393
CRussel
(he/him/his)
CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Oasis (Gen3),Paperwhite (Gen10), Voyage, Paperwhite(orig), Fire HD 8
Quote:
Originally Posted by pdurrant View Post
Ebook buying, not ebook reader buying. You're still welcome here.
I figure the Paperwhite will be good for me -- it has less memory, so I won't be able to put as many books on it. Sure. Right. That's persuasive, isn't it?

Sigh. I did break down and buy a book I probably should have waited on. The new Laurie King came out on my birthday, and I just couldn't resist.
CRussel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2012, 12:40 PM   #1394
Apache
Readaholic
Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Surface Pro 6 / Galaxy Tab A 8"
Do Birthday Presents, even to yourself, count?
Apache
Apache is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2012, 12:44 PM   #1395
DustyDisks
Old Fart In Training
DustyDisks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DustyDisks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DustyDisks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DustyDisks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DustyDisks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DustyDisks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DustyDisks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DustyDisks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DustyDisks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DustyDisks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DustyDisks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K3+3g/KFHD 7"/Nexus 7/Nexus 7.2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Apache View Post
Do Birthday Presents, even to yourself, count?
Apache
For that warm and fuzzy feeling, it is all good!

Last edited by DustyDisks; 09-08-2012 at 01:09 PM.
DustyDisks is offline   Reply With Quote