Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > PocketBook

Notices

Old 03-24-2010, 03:50 PM   #1
askyn
Addict
askyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.askyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.askyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.askyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.askyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.askyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.askyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.askyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.askyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.askyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.askyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite (11th Gen)
New user .. LOVING it! couple of questions

Hi all /wave

Have had my 360 for about a week now, WOW its fantastic!

I upgraded from a ebookwise 1150, and I cannt belive the difference. Keeping in mind I really enjoyed the 1150, this is soo far ahead of it, its unbeliveable!

I have a couple of quesitons tho:

First off, im using Calibre to consolidate my book collection etc. Just started using this also ROFL. My question is, on the 360, is there anyway to view the synopis from the book selection screen? That way you can see a little blurb about the book when you are deciding what to read next.

The other is, does anyone know of a RPG adventure game / application simular to Rogue / Angband etc (roguelike game) for the 360 ? Just to give a small break from reading once in a while ROFL.

Thanks tons =)
askyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2010, 07:54 AM   #2
mtravellerh
book creator
mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PB360°
Quote:
Originally Posted by askyn View Post
Hi all /wave

Have had my 360 for about a week now, WOW its fantastic!

I upgraded from a ebookwise 1150, and I cannt belive the difference. Keeping in mind I really enjoyed the 1150, this is soo far ahead of it, its unbeliveable!

I have a couple of quesitons tho:

First off, im using Calibre to consolidate my book collection etc. Just started using this also ROFL. My question is, on the 360, is there anyway to view the synopis from the book selection screen? That way you can see a little blurb about the book when you are deciding what to read next.

The other is, does anyone know of a RPG adventure game / application simular to Rogue / Angband etc (roguelike game) for the 360 ? Just to give a small break from reading once in a while ROFL.

Thanks tons =)
Hi

/me waves back

There is an information button in the menu (select the book, hold button for menu) where you can see all the info on the book.

As for the Rpg game, that's a great idea. Anyone willing to create such a game?
mtravellerh is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-26-2010, 09:35 AM   #3
kacir
Wizard
kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PocketBook 360, before it was Sony Reader, cassiopeia A-20
Quote:
Originally Posted by mtravellerh View Post
As for the Rpg game, that's a great idea. Anyone willing to create such a game?
There is a "Player of interactive books (text quests)" at
http://pocketbook-free.sourceforge.net/en/index.shtml
kacir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2010, 09:50 AM   #4
Logseman
Orisa
Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Onyx Poke 5
But the QSF player... let's say it plainly... it only gabarit pa russki i pa ukranianski.
Logseman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2010, 09:57 PM   #5
askyn
Addict
askyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.askyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.askyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.askyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.askyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.askyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.askyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.askyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.askyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.askyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.askyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite (11th Gen)
[QUOTE=mtravellerh;845562]There is an information button in the menu (select the book, hold button for menu) where you can see all the info on the book.QUOTE]

Sorry for the delay in responding, real life and all etc.

This isnt quite what i was looking for.

Yes, the information option has stats on the book, but thats what they are stats.

Not the "comment" notes on a book ( brief summation of what its about ).

Specifically, was wondering if there was a way to "transfer" the comments that are in Calibre and have them appear in a info panel on the 360, so you could see a descripition of the story before you opened it and started to read it.

Something like reading the back cover of a paper back to see what the book is about etc.
askyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-30-2010, 12:56 AM   #6
Anders Eriksson
Connoisseur
Anders Eriksson doesn't litterAnders Eriksson doesn't litter

Device: a blue Opus
[QUOTE=askyn;850076]
Quote:
Originally Posted by mtravellerh View Post
There is an information button in the menu (select the book, hold button for menu) where you can see all the info on the book.QUOTE]

Sorry for the delay in responding, real life and all etc.

This isnt quite what i was looking for.

Yes, the information option has stats on the book, but thats what they are stats.

Not the "comment" notes on a book ( brief summation of what its about ).

Specifically, was wondering if there was a way to "transfer" the comments that are in Calibre and have them appear in a info panel on the 360, so you could see a descripition of the story before you opened it and started to read it.

Something like reading the back cover of a paper back to see what the book is about etc.
Hello Askyn,
A perfect feature I really would like it too, or if it was possible to add it as a textual Note, but then with a good link/menu-option from the book-list, so it can easily be open from the book-list.
Anders Eriksson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2010, 03:07 PM   #7
sassanik
Guru
sassanik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sassanik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sassanik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sassanik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sassanik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sassanik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sassanik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sassanik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sassanik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sassanik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sassanik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: EB1150, iPhone, Cool-er Purple, Pocketbook 360, Kindle Fire
good idea

That is a good idea, like a way to read the back of the book on your 360 before opening the file.

Though I do notice that many of the new ebooks have a synopsis page in the front of the book.

Amy
sassanik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2010, 10:19 PM   #8
icarine
icarine can extract oil from cheeseicarine can extract oil from cheeseicarine can extract oil from cheeseicarine can extract oil from cheeseicarine can extract oil from cheeseicarine can extract oil from cheeseicarine can extract oil from cheeseicarine can extract oil from cheese

Device: PB 360
Have you tried using Calibre's catalog function?
https://www.mobileread.com/forums/showthread.php?t=71143

You can create a single epub file that will have descriptions for all your books.

I also like flicking through book descriptions, and I used to use a plain text file for it which I had to update by hand, until I found the catalog feature.

A built in feature on the 360 would be nicer, though.
icarine is offline   Reply With Quote