Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 01-05-2010, 11:15 AM   #1
Sydney's Mom
Wizard
Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis, Fire 3d Gen and 5th Gen and Samsung Tab S
How many kindles have you bought?

I bought a refurbed K2 for my MIL for XMas. She loves it. But she emailed me that she was having to fight with her husband to get to use it. So guess what he is getting for his 80th birthday in a few weeks?

I bought 2 K1s (lost one, one broke during airport screening), and 3 K2s (gifted 2). I love my K2, and hope I am done for awhile.

So how many have you bought?
Sydney's Mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2010, 11:25 AM   #2
rcuadro
Wizard
rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle DX
I bought a K2 for myself, a K1 for my sis, gave my old Sony 505 to my sis in law.
rcuadro is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-05-2010, 11:29 AM   #3
poohbear_nc
Now what?
poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Every Kindle Ever Made & To Be Made!
Started with 2 Kindle1's - loved the first one so much, had to get a refurb back-up just in case the cat succeeded in her battle to reclaim the lap.
Then I got a K2 - loved it. Was on the verge of getting a refurb K2 for back-up when the DX came out - got it & loved it. Will probably get a refurb DX for back-up when they become available again (probably soon if the DX International rumors are true).

I just can't live without a Kindle. Will probably gift the K1's this year to convert even more readers to the ereading experience.
poohbear_nc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2010, 12:01 PM   #4
cvkemp
Loving life
cvkemp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cvkemp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cvkemp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cvkemp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cvkemp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cvkemp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cvkemp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cvkemp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cvkemp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cvkemp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cvkemp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PaperWhite 5,iPhone 13, IPad, MacBook Air
I do not own a kindle I do use the kindle for PC and I love it. I have a netbook that I have this on and it works out great. And yes I know that the battery live is not that great. but I needed something that was very useable for most everything I do. I read a lot of PDFs and the e-ink readers I have tried will not do the trick for me.

Chuck
cvkemp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2010, 02:07 PM   #5
delphidb96
Wizard
delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: TWO Kindle 2s, one each Bookeen Cybook Gen3, Sony PRS-500, Axim X51V
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sydney's Mom View Post
I bought a refurbed K2 for my MIL for XMas. She loves it. But she emailed me that she was having to fight with her husband to get to use it. So guess what he is getting for his 80th birthday in a few weeks?

I bought 2 K1s (lost one, one broke during airport screening), and 3 K2s (gifted 2). I love my K2, and hope I am done for awhile.

Two K2s. Both purchased with broken screens and replaced by Amazon. We're loving them!

Derek
delphidb96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-05-2010, 02:12 PM   #6
daffy4u
I'm Super Kindle-icious
daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: KDXG, KT, Oasis
I bought 3. One Kindle 1 and two Kindle 2s. One of the Kindle 2s was for my mother but she is just not tech savvy and since I don't live in the same state so I can help here, we passed it on to my older sister who really wanted one.
daffy4u is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2010, 07:34 PM   #7
pboss
Evangelist
pboss will become famous soon enoughpboss will become famous soon enoughpboss will become famous soon enoughpboss will become famous soon enoughpboss will become famous soon enoughpboss will become famous soon enough

Device: none
So far we have 2 Kindles in our home. I share a KDX with my girlfriend and I have a K2. Buying a new K2 would probably make her happy, but I think she needs to find another way cause it aint gonna happen anytime soon.
pboss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2010, 08:51 PM   #8
Stingo
Fanatic
Stingo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stingo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stingo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stingo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stingo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stingo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stingo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stingo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stingo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stingo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stingo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: KH2O, KPW2, KDXG, KPW1, K3, S505
Bought myself a DX, my wife a 2 and two of my employees 2's as holiday gifts. So, I guess I'm up to four. That does not count my prior beloved PRS505 and my first 500. I love e-readers.
Stingo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2010, 08:53 PM   #9
daffy4u
I'm Super Kindle-icious
daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: KDXG, KT, Oasis
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stingo View Post
and two of my employees 2's as holiday gifts.
Umm, are you hiring?
daffy4u is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2010, 09:29 PM   #10
SirBC
Connoisseur
SirBC is on a distinguished road

Device: Kindle
Up to 5. I started with a K1, moved up to the DX, and the other 4 are K1's for family members. It's nice to be able to share books with everyone in the family.
SirBC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2010, 11:30 PM   #11
desertgrandma
Enjoying the show....
desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: A K1, Kindle Paperwhite, an Ipod, IPad2, Iphone, an Ipad Mini & macAir
3 total.

My original......

then bought another as a "backup" because I loved the first sso much...

then decided I needed a netbook more so sold that one to help pay for it.....

then bought yet another for a 21st birthday gift for granddaughter......

All K1's.............
desertgrandma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2010, 03:47 AM   #12
luvshihtzu
Groupie
luvshihtzu can spell AND pronounce 'liseuse.'luvshihtzu can spell AND pronounce 'liseuse.'luvshihtzu can spell AND pronounce 'liseuse.'luvshihtzu can spell AND pronounce 'liseuse.'luvshihtzu can spell AND pronounce 'liseuse.'luvshihtzu can spell AND pronounce 'liseuse.'luvshihtzu can spell AND pronounce 'liseuse.'luvshihtzu can spell AND pronounce 'liseuse.'luvshihtzu can spell AND pronounce 'liseuse.'luvshihtzu can spell AND pronounce 'liseuse.'luvshihtzu can spell AND pronounce 'liseuse.'

Device: Kindle DX Graphite, Sony 950 and iPad
Bought the Kindle1 which had defective Whispernet, Got a new replacement K1, sold it and bought the Kindle2. Bought the DX when it came out and gave my husband the K2. So technically 3 Kindles purchased, still have 2 of them.
luvshihtzu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2010, 05:50 AM   #13
Lilly
Guru
Lilly knows what time it isLilly knows what time it isLilly knows what time it isLilly knows what time it isLilly knows what time it isLilly knows what time it isLilly knows what time it isLilly knows what time it isLilly knows what time it isLilly knows what time it isLilly knows what time it is

Device: Sony PRS-505, PRS-900 & PRS-950, Amazon Kindle2
I bought 1 Kindle1 in Oct of 2008 and 1 Kindle2 in Feb of 2009. I then sold the Kindle1 in February of 2009 and kept the Kindle2.
Lilly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2010, 06:23 AM   #14
kennyc
The Dank Side of the Moon
kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle2; Kindle Fire
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sydney's Mom View Post

You're going to have to change your name from Sydney's Mom to Kindle Queen.

I only have one K2.
kennyc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2010, 06:24 AM   #15
kennyc
The Dank Side of the Moon
kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle2; Kindle Fire
Quote:
Originally Posted by daffy4u View Post
Umm, are you hiring?
Yes, hire me!
kennyc is offline   Reply With Quote