Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 01-02-2010, 04:46 PM   #1
wrightde
wrightde began at the beginning.

Device: none
Sony PRS900 Help with memory cards

Hi, Newbie here. I am ordering the Sony PRS900 from Bestbuy but the owners manual doesn't indicate which memory cards it will work with beside Sony.

Can anyone verify if the Sandisk SDHD or Duo cards work? I read alot of IT technical pdfs from Safari and this is the main reason for my purchase. I will probably surpass the 1.6 gig in no time....

Thanks.
wrightde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2010, 05:19 PM   #2
kalex
Zealot
kalex could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.kalex could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.kalex could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.kalex could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.kalex could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.kalex could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.kalex could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.kalex could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.kalex could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.kalex could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.kalex could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.

Device: sony
you don't need to use Sony ones. any sdhc card will do. Sandisk cards tend to be more reliable and are fairly cheap now. you don't need to get class 6 or anything so nice 16gb class 4 card will set you back around $40 maybe even less. or 8GB will be even cheaper
kalex is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-02-2010, 05:23 PM   #3
wrightde
wrightde began at the beginning.

Device: none
Yeah, I typically order from newegg.com which is really cheap. How does the device behave if I populate both slots? Will it recognize 32 gig then?
wrightde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2010, 06:46 PM   #4
trevgriff
Zealot
trevgriff ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.trevgriff ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.trevgriff ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.trevgriff ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.trevgriff ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.trevgriff ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.trevgriff ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.trevgriff ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.trevgriff ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.trevgriff ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.trevgriff ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Mini - Main Reader (iPad 3 backup, iPhone 4s back to my backup)
I think you can use one (1) 16 Gig SD Card and 0ne (1) 16 gig Memory Stick to get to the 32 gig.

There are two (2) slots - one sd and one memory stick
trevgriff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2010, 06:48 PM   #5
Kolenka
<Insert Wit Here>
Kolenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kolenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kolenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kolenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kolenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kolenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kolenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kolenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kolenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kolenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kolenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis, Kobo Forma
It works fine if you use both slots. You will just need to copy content to each however you want to split it up. It is the same for the 505/600.

I have my main library on one card, and my illustration-heavy stuff (i.e. comics) on a second card.
Kolenka is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert