Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Lounge

Notices

Old 12-21-2008, 11:04 PM   #16
montsnmags
Grand Sorcerer
montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
A little bit cooler today at 25C thus far, possibly reaching 27C this arvo. It feels warmer (as in sunburn-y), since the sky is so clear, and the humidity's down a bit. A light breeze is blowing, and the sun's gone past the yardarm and starting to sneak its way in the back door. It's basically a summer-blue-sky-and-cicadas day, good for drinking and swimming, though not in that order (Never bodysurf drunk). As such, I am shortly going for a swim, and the rest of this story writes itself...

Cheers,
Marc
montsnmags is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2008, 12:08 AM   #17
Wetdogeared
Storm Surge'n
Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: S0ny PRS-300/350/505/700/T1
Let it snow, let it snow, let it snow....

It is a winter wonderland outside, seldom seen in Vancouver. It's -2C and has snowed about 15 cm and still snowing. Everything is white, neighbours have their Christmas lights shining. Took the dog for a walk and she comes back with a hundred dingle snowballs attached to her fine fur. Have to defrost her at the door before we let her loose in the house. There arn't many snowplows in this city and they can't even keep the main arteries clean. Everybody is scrambling at all the airports in Canada, due to cancelled and delayed flights, trying to get home for Christmas or someplace warm away from the snow.
Happy holidays.
Wetdogeared is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-22-2008, 12:56 AM   #18
Laine
Addict
Laine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Laine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Laine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Laine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Laine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Laine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Laine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Laine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Laine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Laine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Laine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Aura H2O, Voyage
It's nearly 17:00 Monday and 25C in Sydney. There's a nice breeze blowing.
Laine
Laine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2008, 05:30 AM   #19
zelda_pinwheel
zeldinha zippy zeldissima
zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: eb1150 & is that a nook in her pocket, or she just happy to see you?
it was really cold here, then for the past few days it got unexpectedly quite mild (around 10° during the daytime, i didn't even wear my mittens in the evening). but it looks like by the end of the week it will be quite wintry again...
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	colder2.jpg
Views:	1410
Size:	19.8 KB
ID:	19616  
zelda_pinwheel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2008, 08:40 AM   #20
montsnmags
Grand Sorcerer
montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by zelda_pinwheel View Post
it was really cold here, then for the past few days it got unexpectedly quite mild (around 10° during the daytime, i didn't even wear my mittens in the evening)
You should have gone for a swim!

For the second night in a row, it has dropped below 20C here.

Cheers,
Marc
Advert
Old 12-22-2008, 08:47 AM   #21
zelda_pinwheel
zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by montsnmags View Post
You should have gone for a swim!

For the second night in a row, it has dropped below 20C here.

Cheers,
Marc
i said mild, not take-your-clothes-off warm !
Old 12-22-2008, 08:49 AM   #22
montsnmags
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
i said mild, not take-your-clothes-off warm !
It's never too cold to take your clothes off...wait, yes it is. [covers crotch]

Cheers,
Marc
Old 12-22-2008, 08:52 AM   #23
yvanleterrible
Reborn Paper User
yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone8, iPad Air
Near Montreal it's -10 celcius (pretty mild), and I have to find space for the 10" of snow that fell during the night. #$%*&^$%$.
yvanleterrible is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2008, 08:59 AM   #24
zelda_pinwheel

Quote:
Originally Posted by montsnmags View Post
It's never too cold to take your clothes off...wait, yes it is. [covers crotch]

Cheers,
Marc
teehee !
Old 12-22-2008, 09:29 AM   #25
lilac_jive
Grand Sorcerer
lilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud of

Device: PRS-505
Quote:
it was really cold here, then for the past few days it got unexpectedly quite mild (around 10° during the daytime, i didn't even wear my mittens in the evening). but it looks like by the end of the week it will be quite wintry again...
When I went to Paris they were in the middle of a heat wave. I think I'd like to go there when it is nice and cool
lilac_jive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2008, 09:31 AM   #26
zelda_pinwheel

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilac_jive View Post
When I went to Paris they were in the middle of a heat wave. I think I'd like to go there when it is nice and cool
heh, i'd have to agree, the only thing worse than freezing cold in paris is blistering heat. i hope never to experience that again in my lifetime.
Old 12-22-2008, 09:38 AM   #27
lilac_jive
Grand Sorcerer
lilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud of

Quote:
heh, i'd have to agree, the only thing worse than freezing cold in paris is blistering heat. i hope never to experience that again in my lifetime.
It wouldn't be so bad if people had air conditioning. My hotel sure didn't
lilac_jive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2008, 09:43 AM   #28
acidzebra
Liseuse Lover
acidzebra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.acidzebra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.acidzebra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.acidzebra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.acidzebra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.acidzebra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.acidzebra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.acidzebra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.acidzebra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.acidzebra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.acidzebra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Over here in the Netherlands, we've extreme bouts of lazy procrastination with flurries of geekery.

What? Outside? How the hell should I know?
acidzebra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2008, 09:44 AM   #29
zelda_pinwheel

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilac_jive View Post
It wouldn't be so bad if people had air conditioning. My hotel sure didn't
if it makes you feel better (although why should it), my appartement sure doesn't either. one more day of that really sever heat wave 5 (6 ?) years ago and i beleive i would actually have died.
Old 12-22-2008, 09:44 AM   #30
zelda_pinwheel

Quote:
Originally Posted by acidzebra View Post
Over here in the Netherlands, we've extreme bouts of lazy procrastination with flurries of geekery.

What? Outside? How the hell should I know?

Tags
clouds and lightning and, hugo and lefty