Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 05-01-2013, 08:24 AM   #31
chrisparker
Connoisseur
chrisparker can load mercury with a pitchforkchrisparker can load mercury with a pitchforkchrisparker can load mercury with a pitchforkchrisparker can load mercury with a pitchforkchrisparker can load mercury with a pitchforkchrisparker can load mercury with a pitchforkchrisparker can load mercury with a pitchforkchrisparker can load mercury with a pitchforkchrisparker can load mercury with a pitchforkchrisparker can load mercury with a pitchforkchrisparker can load mercury with a pitchfork

Device: iPad Air 4, iPad mini 5, Kobo Forma, Kobo Aura One, Nook ST Glowlight
Spoiler:

Waterfields Bags make some great cases and sleeves for all sorts of devices. I've got their iPad mini (with Smart Cover) Slip Case. My new Aura fits very nicely into it with the Kobo Sleep Cover installed.

To be perfect, the Slip Case would need to be about 2cm or 3/4" shorter, but it's close enough - I've ordered another one!

Ensure you order the iPad mini (Smart Cover) Slip Case: $27 if you want a snug fit with the Kobo Sleep Cover.

Last edited by Dr. Drib; 05-02-2013 at 07:04 PM.
chrisparker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2013, 08:34 AM   #32
Nil Einne
Connoisseur
Nil Einne can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Nil Einne can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Nil Einne can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Nil Einne can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Nil Einne can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Nil Einne can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Nil Einne can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Nil Einne can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Nil Einne can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Nil Einne can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Nil Einne can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

Device: Kobo Aura HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by jackie_w View Post
I weighed the official Kobo Aura sleepcover at 104g.
Nil Einne is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-02-2013, 03:41 PM   #33
domani7
Enthusiast
domani7 considers 'yay' to be a thoroughly cromulent word.domani7 considers 'yay' to be a thoroughly cromulent word.domani7 considers 'yay' to be a thoroughly cromulent word.domani7 considers 'yay' to be a thoroughly cromulent word.domani7 considers 'yay' to be a thoroughly cromulent word.domani7 considers 'yay' to be a thoroughly cromulent word.domani7 considers 'yay' to be a thoroughly cromulent word.domani7 considers 'yay' to be a thoroughly cromulent word.domani7 considers 'yay' to be a thoroughly cromulent word.domani7 considers 'yay' to be a thoroughly cromulent word.domani7 considers 'yay' to be a thoroughly cromulent word.

Device: nook
Reading the reactions, I am very glad I didn't order the sleepcover. I was basically on the fence and I'm glad I didn't. It's so expensive and now that I know it doesn't even make it less slippery, what exactly is the point?

It would be one thing if you could say- oh this cover will last forever, and you can reuse it on future kobo readers! Really doubt that to be the case, it seems that most companies change the shape/size slightly with each successive model. (With the exception of Barnes and Noble, but they have other problems- like extremely cumbersome bookshelves. B&N- make you bookshelves easier to use and I will come back to you!).

I do with other ereaders were more like the Nook Touch physically. The Aura's curvy back is a step in the right direction, now all that is missing is a rubbery coating and physical buttons.
domani7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2013, 10:23 PM   #34
93terp
Fear The Turtle!
93terp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.93terp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.93terp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.93terp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.93terp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.93terp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.93terp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.93terp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.93terp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.93terp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.93terp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: KV, Kobo Forma, Kobo A1LE, KO3, K3
Quote:
Originally Posted by chrisparker View Post
Spoiler:
Image exceeds guidelines for size - MODERATOR

Waterfields Bags make some great cases and sleeves for all sorts of devices. I've got their iPad mini (with Smart Cover) Slip Case. My new Aura fits very nicely into it with the Kobo Sleep Cover.
I love Waterfield Bags!! Great quality & made in the U.S.A.!!!'

Last edited by Dr. Drib; 04-14-2014 at 03:13 PM.
93terp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2013, 01:52 PM   #35
mr_nihilism
Always been the caretaker
mr_nihilism ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mr_nihilism ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mr_nihilism ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mr_nihilism ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mr_nihilism ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mr_nihilism ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mr_nihilism ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mr_nihilism ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mr_nihilism ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mr_nihilism ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mr_nihilism ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Aura H2O, PW2
There doesn`t seem to be much (any) love for the Aura folio, but after reading what people think of the sleepcover I decided to opt for Kobo`s other offering.

It hasn`t arrived yet so I can`t comment on it, but I`m guessing it`ll be perfectly fine for what it is.
mr_nihilism is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-16-2013, 09:33 PM   #36
Breid
Zealot
Breid is just really niceBreid is just really niceBreid is just really niceBreid is just really niceBreid is just really niceBreid is just really niceBreid is just really niceBreid is just really niceBreid is just really niceBreid is just really niceBreid is just really nice

Device: Kobo Aura HD; Kobo Glo; KPW
Quote:
Originally Posted by chrisparker View Post
Spoiler:

Waterfields Bags make some great cases and sleeves for all sorts of devices. I've got their iPad mini (with Smart Cover) Slip Case. My new Aura fits very nicely into it with the Kobo Sleep Cover installed.

To be perfect, the Slip Case would need to be about 2cm or 3/4" shorter, but it's close enough - I've ordered another one!

Ensure you order the iPad mini (Smart Cover) Slip Case: $27 if you want a snug fit with the Kobo Sleep Cover.
Thank you for this tip. I have been wondering what case I should buy that would fit my Aura in its sleep cover, so that I can safely fling it into my bag without worrying about damaging it.
Breid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2013, 06:18 PM   #37
cellocgw
cellocgw began at the beginning.

Device: nook
Make any cover a "sleep cover"

It's not hard - I did it already for an off-brand iPad cover. Get yourself the thinnest rare-earth magnet you can (there are plenty of varieties at Amazon), test to be sure you've got it at the right location, which is on the Aura frame at the lower-right hand corner of the screen, and hot-glue it to the cover flap at that position.
cellocgw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2013, 04:56 AM   #38
samhy
Wizard
samhy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.samhy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.samhy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.samhy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.samhy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.samhy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.samhy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.samhy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.samhy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.samhy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.samhy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: (Sony (J) PRS 650), Kobo Mini, Kobo Glo HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by mr_nihilism View Post
There doesn`t seem to be much (any) love for the Aura folio, but after reading what people think of the sleepcover I decided to opt for Kobo`s other offering.
What is this other offering? Have you received it?
samhy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2013, 07:57 AM   #39
Adam Hel
Adam Hel shares his or her toysAdam Hel shares his or her toysAdam Hel shares his or her toysAdam Hel shares his or her toysAdam Hel shares his or her toysAdam Hel shares his or her toysAdam Hel shares his or her toysAdam Hel shares his or her toysAdam Hel shares his or her toysAdam Hel shares his or her toysAdam Hel shares his or her toys

It's silly but my kobo aura is imprisoned in the cover!
How can I take it off without breaking it? When I'm at home I like to read it without so it is a big deal to me

Last edited by Adam Hel; 05-31-2013 at 08:02 AM.
Adam Hel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2013, 12:58 AM   #40
parkher
Evangelist
parkher ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.parkher ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.parkher ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.parkher ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.parkher ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.parkher ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.parkher ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.parkher ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.parkher ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.parkher ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.parkher ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: BL Alita/Mimas/Ares, OB Note2/Note, KA One/H2O/HD, S PRS T2/T1, PB 902
Maybe the same way as with T1/T2? By pushing down one outer corner of the cover.
I am just guessing.
parkher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2013, 12:42 PM   #41
nepeggio
nepeggio began at the beginning.

Device: kobo aura hd
guys..i'm new here but no one was thinking about an home made cover.. if you can make one post photos please
nepeggio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2013, 01:09 PM   #42
alexep
alexep plays well with othersalexep plays well with othersalexep plays well with othersalexep plays well with othersalexep plays well with othersalexep plays well with othersalexep plays well with othersalexep plays well with othersalexep plays well with othersalexep plays well with othersalexep plays well with others

I ordered the cover online from the Indigo Chapters website since it's half the price there (25$) and I've had it for about a week now. It's a great cover, although I also didn't know about the plastic back. It's okay though, it's good solid material and lightweight. But I've been having some problems trying to remove the Kobo from the cover - I managed to do it twice in a rather unorthodox fashion (just pushing the back of the cover and pulling the Kobo hoping the it wouldn't break) but now it's completely stuck.

Another problem (might be related with the Kobo itself and not with the cover) is that I have that 'Automatically sleep and wake up' option on - meaning that when you close the cover the device will go to sleep and when you open it it will wake up. This works as it's supposed to, but 90% of the times the device will go to sleep again out of nowhere about 1 minute after I open the cover. This is annoying and it obviously drains a bit of the Kobo's battery for nothing.
alexep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2013, 01:15 PM   #43
robko
Wizard
robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo
Quote:
Originally Posted by alexep View Post
This works as it's supposed to, but 90% of the times the device will go to sleep again out of nowhere about 1 minute after I open the cover. This is annoying and it obviously drains a bit of the Kobo's battery for nothing.
This is a feature/bug (depending on your point of view) designed to prevent the device from being accidentally woken and using battery if, for example, it got jiggled while you were carrying it. The theory being that if you don't touch the screen to do something in X amount of time it was an accidental activation to on. The work around for this is to do a VERTICAL swipe which won't change a page or activate a menu, but will cause the timer that causes this to shut off.
robko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2013, 12:49 PM   #44
Latinandgreek
Warrior Princess
Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-505; PRS-350, PRS-T1, iPad, Aura HD
I just received the cover from Chapters online on Monday, and I'm very happy with it. I would have preferred the brown cover, however. I had initially kept the reader in a generic black leather slipcase from Targus, but I missed having a book-like cover for my reader.
Latinandgreek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2013, 07:45 AM   #45
konrad white
Enthusiast
konrad white knows the square root of minus one.konrad white knows the square root of minus one.konrad white knows the square root of minus one.konrad white knows the square root of minus one.konrad white knows the square root of minus one.konrad white knows the square root of minus one.konrad white knows the square root of minus one.konrad white knows the square root of minus one.konrad white knows the square root of minus one.konrad white knows the square root of minus one.konrad white knows the square root of minus one.

Device: Sony PRS 950, Onyx M92, Kobo Aura, Kobo Aura One
Gecko covers seems to be more convenient than original cover from Kobo.
konrad white is offline   Reply With Quote