Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Devices

Notices

Old 08-24-2011, 03:15 AM   #1
rbroberts
rbroberts began at the beginning.

Device: Nook Color, Kindle 3G
Nook via LTSP, looks like a USB disk, no cover art JPEGs

I'm connecting my Nook via the Linux Terminal Server Project client, so the Nook is treated like a USB hard drive that is then mounted via fuse across the network to the server. I can "connect to folder" to get my books onto the Nook, but I notice when it does so it does not create a separate JPEG for the cover art. Is there some way to tell calibre to do this, overriding the behavior so it will treat this just as if the Nook were locally connected?

roland
rbroberts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2011, 12:10 PM   #2
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
not without editing the source code. See devices/folder/*.py
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-24-2011, 09:07 PM   #3
rbroberts
rbroberts began at the beginning.

Device: Nook Color, Kindle 3G
Hmmm. Okay, if I'm reading this correctly, I need to implement upload_cover. It would be nice if I could figure out how to make that a configurable parameter to be nice to people who don't want this done. But I'm not a python person, so while I can read the code from the drivers, I'm pretty fuzzy on whether or not copying the nook code will work. Of course, I guess the good news there is that I can try it on a regular folder where I can't do any damage to my nook files :-)
rbroberts is offline   Reply With Quote