Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader > Kobo Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 06-11-2015, 04:55 PM   #31
maurotamburini
maurotamburini began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Aura HD
Hello All Forum Members,

Recently, I have installed a software to cloud soaring in Kobo Aura HD. Unfortunately, I did NOT backup the SD card. When I was updating the cloud soaring software (XCSoar), Kobo blink the screen twice and I think some files of the SD card was corrupted.
Did anyone have the original SD card image for the related Kobo?
Thank you!!

Regards.
maurotamburini is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2015, 07:52 PM   #32
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
PM sent
davidfor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2015, 01:23 AM   #33
sdiox
sdiox can differentiate black from dark navy bluesdiox can differentiate black from dark navy bluesdiox can differentiate black from dark navy bluesdiox can differentiate black from dark navy bluesdiox can differentiate black from dark navy bluesdiox can differentiate black from dark navy bluesdiox can differentiate black from dark navy bluesdiox can differentiate black from dark navy bluesdiox can differentiate black from dark navy bluesdiox can differentiate black from dark navy bluesdiox can differentiate black from dark navy blue

Device: Kobo Aura HD, Sony PRS-650
Hi, it seems that my internal sd card for my Kobo Aura HD is also dead. Please kindly PM me the link to the image...
sdiox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2015, 01:36 AM   #34
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

PM sent.
Old 06-20-2015, 04:42 AM   #35
sdiox
sdiox can differentiate black from dark navy bluesdiox can differentiate black from dark navy bluesdiox can differentiate black from dark navy bluesdiox can differentiate black from dark navy bluesdiox can differentiate black from dark navy bluesdiox can differentiate black from dark navy bluesdiox can differentiate black from dark navy bluesdiox can differentiate black from dark navy bluesdiox can differentiate black from dark navy bluesdiox can differentiate black from dark navy bluesdiox can differentiate black from dark navy blue

I couldn't upgrade the firmware for some reason. The screen remained black and that's it.

How do I update serial number to match my device?
Old 06-20-2015, 05:45 AM   #36
frostschutz
Linux User
frostschutz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frostschutz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frostschutz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frostschutz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frostschutz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frostschutz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frostschutz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frostschutz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frostschutz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frostschutz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frostschutz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
The serial number is stored at the beginning of the SD card.

Code:
# hexdump -C /dev/mmcblk0 | less
00000200  53 4e 2d 4e 32 35 30 34  39 31 30 30 32 37 34 31  |SN-N250491002741|
So hexedit the card at offset 512 bytes. or if you have telnet on the device itself (in my case H2O, your model number will be different), or the SD card on a Linux box:

Code:
# echo -n SN-xxxxyyzdddddd | dd bs=1 seek=512 count=16 of=/dev/mmcblk0
xxxx = Model (in my case N250)
yy = country code (in my case 49 for Germany)
z = revision? (in my case 1)
dddddd = Nth device produced for xxx/yy/z (in my case 002741).

Wrong model in that string and the device might not boot up proper anymore (don't make a HD boot believing it's an old Glo or sommat).

Might need a factory reset afterwards as the SN also makes it into other files during setting up the device for the first time.
frostschutz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2015, 05:45 AM   #37
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdiox View Post
I couldn't upgrade the firmware for some reason. The screen remained black and that's it.
Do you mean after applying the image, or was that the symptom that prompted the request?
Quote:
How do I update serial number to match my device?
To update the serial number, you need to edit the image with a binary editor. The serial number is at offset 0x200
Old 06-20-2015, 06:45 AM   #38
sdiox

Thank you for all your help!
Old 06-29-2015, 10:06 AM   #39
maurotamburini
maurotamburini began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Aura HD
Thank you very much for all the help. The SD image fits exactly my needs and I was able to restore my Kobo.

Best regards.
maurotamburini is offline   Reply With Quote