Ensonic
Ensonic began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite
Thank you so much! :-)
Ensonic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2013, 11:56 AM   #857
tompe
Grand Sorcerer
tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage, Nexus 5, Kindle PW
Perfect that it is available in some way.

If anybody have the latest source distribution could you publish a link here? I trusted the subversion repository so I have misplaced my source code... I found one copy on a computer but are not sure it is the latest one.

I would like to have a copy for reference and if somebody asks for it.
tompe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2013, 02:22 PM   #858
DiapDealer
Grand Sorcerer
DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Kindle Fire HD
I DO happen to have the tarfile for v0.0.43. I'll put it on my Google drive along with the w32 exes:
https://docs.google.com/file/d/0B5Cp...it?usp=sharing

I notice you still have older stuff (up to v0.0.37) available here:
http://www.ida.liu.se/~tompe/mobiperl/downloads/
DiapDealer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2013, 04:13 PM   #859
tompe
Grand Sorcerer
tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DiapDealer View Post
I notice you still have older stuff (up to v0.0.37) available here:
http://www.ida.liu.se/~tompe/mobiperl/downloads/
Aha, I put the latest version there also so now I have a safe copy as long as the the university survives...
Old 10-17-2013, 10:19 AM   #860
Koko
thinking thing
Koko is faster than slow light.Koko is faster than slow light.Koko is faster than slow light.Koko is faster than slow light.Koko is faster than slow light.Koko is faster than slow light.Koko is faster than slow light.Koko is faster than slow light.Koko is faster than slow light.Koko is faster than slow light.Koko is faster than slow light.

Device: xx
Hello tompe, does the script extract the picture files to?
I have an prc file which I have created, but my scource files have been deleted by mistake.

Last edited by Koko; 10-17-2013 at 10:23 AM.
Koko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2013, 10:24 AM   #861
pdurrant
The Grand Mouse 高貴的老鼠
pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Koko View Post
I have an prc file which I have created, but my scource files have been deleted by mistake.
Use KindleUnpack. It handles Mobipocket .prc files too.
pdurrant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2013, 10:31 AM   #862
Koko
thinking thing
Koko is faster than slow light.Koko is faster than slow light.Koko is faster than slow light.Koko is faster than slow light.Koko is faster than slow light.Koko is faster than slow light.Koko is faster than slow light.Koko is faster than slow light.Koko is faster than slow light.Koko is faster than slow light.Koko is faster than slow light.

Device: xx
Quote:
Originally Posted by pdurrant View Post
Use KindleUnpack. It handles Mobipocket .prc files too.
I'm so happy I just found the scource files by accident. If this happens again I will defenitly try KindleUnpack, thanks.
Koko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2013, 07:09 PM   #863
tompe
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Koko View Post
Yes it does. But KindleUnpack is probably better to use.
Old 12-27-2013, 12:08 AM   #864
EbokJunkie
Addict
EbokJunkie can differentiate black from dark navy blueEbokJunkie can differentiate black from dark navy blueEbokJunkie can differentiate black from dark navy blueEbokJunkie can differentiate black from dark navy blueEbokJunkie can differentiate black from dark navy blueEbokJunkie can differentiate black from dark navy blueEbokJunkie can differentiate black from dark navy blueEbokJunkie can differentiate black from dark navy blueEbokJunkie can differentiate black from dark navy blueEbokJunkie can differentiate black from dark navy blueEbokJunkie can differentiate black from dark navy blue

Device: Kindle 3, Kindle PW, Pocketbook 301+, Pocketbook Touch, Sony 950, 350
tompe
Tried opf2mobi to build a dictionary. As far as I (and Paperwhite) see there is no word index generated and PW doesn't recognize resulting mobi as dictionary.
Is there any way to build dictionary with opf2mobi/html2mobi?
I'm trying to build very big dictionaries, they crash mobigen so html2mobi is the last resort...

Last edited by EbokJunkie; 12-28-2013 at 02:15 AM.
EbokJunkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2013, 04:34 AM   #865
tompe
Grand Sorcerer

You probably have to set something to indicate that it is a dictionary. Try mobi2mobi on a working dictionary and see if it give some hint.
Old 12-27-2013, 01:57 PM   #866
EbokJunkie
Addict
EbokJunkie can differentiate black from dark navy blueEbokJunkie can differentiate black from dark navy blueEbokJunkie can differentiate black from dark navy blueEbokJunkie can differentiate black from dark navy blueEbokJunkie can differentiate black from dark navy blueEbokJunkie can differentiate black from dark navy blueEbokJunkie can differentiate black from dark navy blueEbokJunkie can differentiate black from dark navy blueEbokJunkie can differentiate black from dark navy blueEbokJunkie can differentiate black from dark navy blueEbokJunkie can differentiate black from dark navy blue

Device: Kindle 3, Kindle PW, Pocketbook 301+, Pocketbook Touch, Sony 950, 350
So far it is no go. Found relevant (tentatively) EXTH entries in the working dictionary: 105 (subject) and 110 (subjectcode) equal respectively to 12 and 9. Set them for opf2mobi generated file, no change, dictionary appears as a book on PW.
---
Ok, checked out EXTH tags with MobiMetaEditor. Set 110 to REF008000 and 105 to Dictionaries. Still no luck.

Last edited by EbokJunkie; 12-27-2013 at 07:46 PM.
EbokJunkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2014, 04:51 AM   #867
donMaranzano
Zealot
donMaranzano can extract oil from cheesedonMaranzano can extract oil from cheesedonMaranzano can extract oil from cheesedonMaranzano can extract oil from cheesedonMaranzano can extract oil from cheesedonMaranzano can extract oil from cheesedonMaranzano can extract oil from cheesedonMaranzano can extract oil from cheese

Device: Kindle 5
Is it possible someone to explain me how can I implemented asin and ecid in mobi files?
donMaranzano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2014, 10:19 PM   #868
tears0fshad0w
tears0fshad0w began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Touch
Talking Need a little help

I cannot get this thing to work. It keeps on telling me to "please select the location of the mobi2mobi win32 or perl file" but it's not giving me anything to select. I don't really care about getting this to work. Could someone just please get the cover of this book to show up in the kindle app for android instead of the default blue cover? The book I want the cover to show up on is City of Glass by Cassandra Clare. I tried doing it in Calibre but it still gives me the default blue cover in the kindle app. Someone on amazon said they were able to get the cover of a book to show up with mobi2mobi by doing something with the isbn.

This is what he said to do:

Quote:
Use Mobi2Mobi to change the ASIN code. Mobi2Mobi comes in two parts, mobi2mobi.exe and Mobi2Mobi_GUI_VB.exe. With Mobi2Mobi_GUI_VB.exe when you view the mobi book you'll see that Calibre has given it an ASIN code that I think Kindle for PC does not recognize. You need to use Mobi2Mobi_GUI_VB.exe to change this ASIN code to the one you've copied from Amazon for that book (ISBN or ASIN). I tried it just now by creating a book in Calibre, got the blue cover of death, then used Mobi2Mobi_GUI_VB.exe to change the ASIN code of the book to a random one from Amazon and sure enough it downloaded that book cover. If you don't know about this software to download it and for instructions on how to use it go the the following links below.
He also goes on to say this:

Quote:
For method 1: In Mobo2Mobi after loading the book, in the field 'exth type' select '104 - ISBN' or '113 - ASIN' from the drop down list (depending on which one the book uses, ISBN or ASIN - you can find this out from the listed attributes on the right of the software), enter the ISBN or ASIN code you copied from Amazon for that book in the field 'exth data', then click on 'Convert'.
Because someone else was having issues. Anyways I'd do it myself if I could get mobi2mobi to work but I'm a noob so I can't. Attached files are city of glass.mobi, jpg and metadata.

Here are the isbn's:
ISBN-10: 1416972250
ISBN-13: 978-1416972259
ASIN: B001NLL93W
isbn:9781406331448, mobi-asin:99bb1710-e98f-4ace-bcd4-1333a4b64c87

Someone please help!!!
Thanks!

EDIT:::
I would also like the cover to show up for Defiance by Lili St Crow
ISBN-10: 1595143920
ISBN-13: 978-1595143921
ASIN: B004TGNNF0
isbn:9780857963536, mobi-asin:cba22d8a-938b-46cf-9c5c-6c38e34f24c0
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Defiance - Lili St. Crow.jpg
Views:	630
Size:	33.6 KB
ID:	123434   Click image for larger version

Name:	City of Glass - Cassandra Clare.jpg
Views:	600
Size:	70.7 KB
ID:	123437  
Attached Files
File Type: opf Defiance - Lili St. Crow.opf (2.6 KB, 843 views)
File Type: opf City of Glass - Cassandra Clare.opf (1.3 KB, 841 views)

Last edited by pdurrant; 05-28-2014 at 01:49 AM.
tears0fshad0w is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2014, 01:50 AM   #869
pdurrant
The Grand Mouse 高貴的老鼠
pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage
Do not post copyright material to Mobileread. Mobipocket files deleted.

I think you'd be better off investigating calibre. The MobiPerl stuff is ancient.
pdurrant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2014, 01:25 PM   #870
tears0fshad0w
tears0fshad0w began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by pdurrant View Post
Do not post copyright material to Mobileread. Mobipocket files deleted.

I think you'd be better off investigating calibre. The MobiPerl stuff is ancient.
I did calibre. It didn't work. There was still the default blue cover.
tears0fshad0w is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
mobi2mobi, mobils