Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 10-25-2006, 05:45 PM   #31
BobVA
Addict
BobVA once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.BobVA once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.BobVA once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.BobVA once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.BobVA once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.BobVA once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.BobVA once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.BobVA once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.BobVA once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.BobVA once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.BobVA once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.

Device: Kobo Clara, Sony PRS950, T1, T2, T3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Michele
You're probably right. It's pretty darn ugly. And still the filename "title" of a pdf I was given doesn't fit into the line.

My tip: I'm downloading a lot of individual, free sf/f stories to use on the Reader, so I title them: "SS - [author last name], [story name]". That way, all the short stories are grouped in one place, making it easier to find everything on the list. I really do wish we could create folders to manage content better.

Here's what I'm doing (last post):
https://www.mobileread.com/forums/showthread.php?t=7870

(Basically put them all in a single file and use preset bookmarks to separate the stories.)
BobVA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2006, 05:52 PM   #32
royalkay
royalkay began at the beginning.

You might make collections, that is what I do. Keeps the books that tie in together. To Make a collection, you go into Connect software, and click on the big "+" button in the bottom left corner.
royalkay is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-25-2006, 08:51 PM   #33
njt
Enthusiast
njt began at the beginning.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobVA
Here's what I'm doing (last post):
https://www.mobileread.com/forums/showthread.php?t=7870

(Basically put them all in a single file and use preset bookmarks to separate the stories.)
Been meaning to reply when I first saw you post this, it's a great idea .

Quote:
Originally Posted by royalkay
You might make collections, that is what I do. Keeps the books that tie in together. To Make a collection, you go into Connect software, and click on the big "+" button in the bottom left corner.
The only downside to that is the fact that it needs to go into the internal memory instead of a memory card...
njt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2006, 11:42 PM   #34
Nightwing
Addict
Nightwing will become famous soon enoughNightwing will become famous soon enoughNightwing will become famous soon enoughNightwing will become famous soon enoughNightwing will become famous soon enoughNightwing will become famous soon enough

Device: Cowon A2 Dell x3i, Sony Reader & Eee PC!
Any one tried "Printing" a PDF file from Google Maps.... Will see if it beats the paper one when I go to a client tomorrow....

PS: If you can get by. turn off margins when you create a document for the reader. That gives you a bit more view room..
Nightwing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2006, 07:04 AM   #35
rcs1000
Gadget freak
rcs1000 began at the beginning.

New tip: should you be without your Reader charger, you can use a Sony PSP one. Works fine.
rcs1000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-29-2006, 08:39 PM   #36
Nightwing
Addict
Nightwing will become famous soon enoughNightwing will become famous soon enoughNightwing will become famous soon enoughNightwing will become famous soon enoughNightwing will become famous soon enoughNightwing will become famous soon enough

If this is a dupe ... sorry: Will delete quickly if so..

If you are having problems getting PrimoPDF to print out correctly for the Reader try this. Found it in the PrimoPDF forum...

The secret is creating a page definition. The info is at this Microsoft Answer Page! Works on XP also.

How to Create Custom Forms in Windows NT 4.0 and Windows 2000
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/157172/

Follow the steps.... Use 5.24 WIDE, 6.69 HEIGHT and number for margin. I like zero margins... Give it a name like Sony Reader. Can be anything unique.

You will select this when you pick the PrimoPDF for your printer.. Select Properties then Advance For paper pick the one with the name you created above...

Will need to set the program page size but that easy...

Thats it. Comes out nice!
Old 10-29-2006, 08:41 PM   #37
Nightwing
Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by rcs1000
New tip: should you be without your Reader charger, you can use a Sony PSP one. Works fine.
Since that one works. Then the moble car adapter for the PSP should also work well! Nice tip!
Old 10-30-2006, 12:01 AM   #38
njt
Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nightwing
If this is a dupe ... sorry: Will delete quickly if so..

If you are having problems getting PrimoPDF to print out correctly for the Reader try this. Found it in the PrimoPDF forum...

The secret is creating a page definition. The info is at this Microsoft Answer Page! Works on XP also.

How to Create Custom Forms in Windows NT 4.0 and Windows 2000
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/157172/

Follow the steps.... Use 5.24 WIDE, 6.69 HEIGHT and number for margin. I like zero margins... Give it a name like Sony Reader. Can be anything unique.

You will select this when you pick the PrimoPDF for your printer.. Select Properties then Advance For paper pick the one with the name you created above...

Will need to set the program page size but that easy...

Thats it. Comes out nice!
You have NO idea how much that helped. Thanks
Old 10-30-2006, 12:51 AM   #39
BuddyBoy
eBookin' Fool
BuddyBoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BuddyBoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BuddyBoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BuddyBoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BuddyBoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BuddyBoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BuddyBoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BuddyBoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BuddyBoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BuddyBoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BuddyBoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite, KK, iPad (Ex Prs 505, 500, Reb1100-2150, Rocket)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nightwing
Since that one works. Then the moble car adapter for the PSP should also work well! Nice tip!
As will the iGo PSP Power Tip if, like me, you've been trying to consolidate all your chargers into one.
BuddyBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2006, 01:08 AM   #40
Nightwing
Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by BuddyBoy
As will the iGo PSP Power Tip if, like me, you've been trying to consolidate all your chargers into one.

How good is the iGo system?
Old 10-30-2006, 01:09 AM   #41
Nightwing
Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by njt
You have NO idea how much that helped. Thanks
Good! Been driving me nuts for a few days...
Old 11-01-2006, 07:06 PM   #42
kickaha
kickaha began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS-500 / Palm Tungsten T5
SD Card behaviour

Hi all.

I haven't seen this mentioned in this thread, so I thought I would make an observation about memory card usage.

I was doing fine for the first 48 hours, loading up files on an SD card for consumption on the Reader.

Then, over the weekend, I decideed to add a couple of reference texts to the reader, and, while happily bookmarked in a gutenburg .rtf book, I popped the card, added in the (tech-weenie) document and powered up the Reader. Lo and behold, all that was there was a blank screen. I had to hit the reset pinhole to get my reader back. This happened a few times over the weekend. I just tried an experiment, and, it appears that you need to exit any 'current document' prior to removing/replacing the memory cards. Even if the document you were reading is still on the card, and nothing has been done except to add a new file or two to the card.

I've been through the user guide and didn't see any mention of this, and I'm happy to be corrected if this isn't the case, but I thought I'd report it, since it drove me rather nuts for a few days.

Cheers!

kickaha
kickaha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2006, 07:19 PM   #43
Nightwing
Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by kickaha
Hi all.

I haven't seen this mentioned in this thread, so I thought I would make an observation about memory card usage.

I was doing fine for the first 48 hours, loading up files on an SD card for consumption on the Reader.

Then, over the weekend, I decideed to add a couple of reference texts to the reader, and, while happily bookmarked in a gutenburg .rtf book, I popped the card, added in the (tech-weenie) document and powered up the Reader. Lo and behold, all that was there was a blank screen. I had to hit the reset pinhole to get my reader back. This happened a few times over the weekend. I just tried an experiment, and, it appears that you need to exit any 'current document' prior to removing/replacing the memory cards. Even if the document you were reading is still on the card, and nothing has been done except to add a new file or two to the card.

I've been through the user guide and didn't see any mention of this, and I'm happy to be corrected if this isn't the case, but I thought I'd report it, since it drove me rather nuts for a few days.

Cheers!

kickaha
Can you list SD card mfg, speed etc.... Been pulling in and out no problems but will schedule a test when able... Thats intersting...
Old 11-01-2006, 10:26 PM   #44
njt
Enthusiast

Ah- I have had the same problem. What I do now is make sure I'm on the very top area when taking out/ putting in the card or else when I turn on the power it'll load and turn off and repeat that unless I reset / connect the device via the usb cord .
Old 11-02-2006, 02:20 AM   #45
ultim8fury
Addict
ultim8fury has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.ultim8fury has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.ultim8fury has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.ultim8fury has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: PRS500, Looking at 700
I've experienced that as well. It was quite worrying the first time it happened.
ultim8fury is offline   Reply With Quote