Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Deals and Resources (No Self-Promotion or Affiliate Links)

Notices

Old 10-28-2009, 05:39 PM   #1
mg2969
mg2969 began at the beginning.

Device: none
Sony PRS-505 @TARGET for $70

Picked up 2 yesterday as a result of being double clearanced
mg2969 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2009, 08:41 PM   #2
EyesWideOpen
EyesWideOpen began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS-505
I just bought one too ... for $69.99!
EyesWideOpen is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-28-2009, 08:55 PM   #3
rcuadro
Wizard
rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle DX
Wow! I need to take a trip to have a spare reader
rcuadro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2009, 09:21 PM   #4
Abecedary
Exwyzeeologist
Abecedary could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.Abecedary could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.Abecedary could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.Abecedary could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.Abecedary could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.Abecedary could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.Abecedary could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.Abecedary could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.Abecedary could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.Abecedary could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.Abecedary could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.

Device: :PRS-505::iPod touch:
Saw this on SlickDeals the other day. I stopped by my local Target earlier today and they have one open box 505 where the box is totally mangled. And they're still asking $279 for it! Oh well. Congrats to those who managed to find some.
Abecedary is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2009, 10:36 PM   #5
superstitious
Addict
superstitious is a jewel in the roughsuperstitious is a jewel in the roughsuperstitious is a jewel in the roughsuperstitious is a jewel in the roughsuperstitious is a jewel in the roughsuperstitious is a jewel in the roughsuperstitious is a jewel in the roughsuperstitious is a jewel in the roughsuperstitious is a jewel in the roughsuperstitious is a jewel in the roughsuperstitious is a jewel in the rough

Device: K3 wifi
wow..where do you guys live? I tried looking around for that but could only find one for 195. Congrats on the deal.
superstitious is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-29-2009, 07:30 AM   #6
Dr. Drib
Grand Sorcerer
Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle: Oasis 3, Voyage WiFi; Kobo: Libra 2, Aura One
Congratulations on this great deal.

However, the price is OBSCENE!

Don
Dr. Drib is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2009, 08:16 AM   #7
melbournian
Colonial chapette
melbournian began at the beginning.

Device: Astak Pocket Pro
DARGGGGHHHH Stupid Australia *kicks Australia* That is insanely cheap.
melbournian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2009, 09:07 AM   #8
Abecedary
Exwyzeeologist
Abecedary could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.Abecedary could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.Abecedary could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.Abecedary could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.Abecedary could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.Abecedary could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.Abecedary could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.Abecedary could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.Abecedary could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.Abecedary could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.Abecedary could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.

Device: :PRS-505::iPod touch:
Here's the Target inventory checker. Just punch in your zip code and watch everything come up as "Out of stock".
Abecedary is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2009, 09:29 AM   #9
bluebells2
bluebells2 began at the beginning.

Device: Sony
SONY PRS-505

So if you were able to find it at the one target store for $195 clearance, could you return it to the target store 3 miles away and then buy it for the clearance price? Apparently the target stores discount clearance at different rates? If you above found it, maybe you could do that?
bluebells2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2009, 09:42 AM   #10
desertgrandma
Enjoying the show....
desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: A K1, Kindle Paperwhite, an Ipod, IPad2, Iphone, an Ipad Mini & macAir
Quote:
Originally Posted by bluebells2 View Post
So if you were able to find it at the one target store for $195 clearance, could you return it to the target store 3 miles away and then buy it for the clearance price? Apparently the target stores discount clearance at different rates? If you above found it, maybe you could do that?
If you have your receipt, they will refund at the price listed.

Without......you get the lowest price they've sold it as.......
desertgrandma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2009, 02:52 PM   #11
Xia
Zealot
Xia can extract oil from cheeseXia can extract oil from cheeseXia can extract oil from cheeseXia can extract oil from cheeseXia can extract oil from cheeseXia can extract oil from cheeseXia can extract oil from cheeseXia can extract oil from cheeseXia can extract oil from cheese

Device: Kindle 1 (x2)
I just called my local Target to see if they had this deal. The guy said that they had 1 in stock, & on clearance, this morning when he started his shift and it sold about an hour ago. (Dang it!) He did tell me that it went for $120. Not as good as $70, but I certainly would've snatched it up at that price.

I don't really have any other Targets close by. The next closest are at least an hour's drive. But I might have to call around anyway to see what they've got.

Dang, I'd sure like to get one of these.

Thanks, mg2969 for the heads up!
Xia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2009, 08:36 PM   #12
IcePick
IcePick began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 2
Champaign IL still has listed at $270
Crazy.
IcePick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2009, 11:21 PM   #13
SDRebel
Addict
SDRebel has learned how to buy an e-book online

Device: astak pro
Quote:
Originally Posted by melbournian View Post
DARGGGGHHHH Stupid Australia *kicks Australia* That is insanely cheap.
guts? balls? face?
SDRebel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2009, 11:23 PM   #14
SDRebel
Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abecedary View Post
Here's the Target inventory checker. Just punch in your zip code and watch everything come up as "Out of stock".
9 out of stock and 1 limited availability (aka probably oos)
Old 10-29-2009, 11:25 PM   #15
SDRebel
Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xia View Post
I just called my local Target to see if they had this deal. The guy said that they had 1 in stock, & on clearance, this morning when he started his shift and it sold about an hour ago. (Dang it!) He did tell me that it went for $120. Not as good as $70, but I certainly would've snatched it up at that price.

I don't really have any other Targets close by. The next closest are at least an hour's drive. But I might have to call around anyway to see what they've got.

Dang, I'd sure like to get one of these.

Thanks, mg2969 for the heads up!
The RULE is never call! He probably saw that it was being sold very cheaply (possible for $70) and told you it was sold out...